72 replies to this topic

#41 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Does the Fafnir have bad hitboxes, or is it as easy to hit as a barn door from inside the barn? Don't you guys think that the Fafnir being the size of the Jefferson Memorial might have bearing on how much fire it absorbs?

#42 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

View PostNightbird, on 20 October 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Sometimes a mech is bad, sometimes the pilot and the mech don't synergize. The difference is, no one does well in bad mechs.

My suggestion is to either learn to use the mech for it's strengths, or don't and sell it.

How many 800-1k dmg games have I been the front pushing mech in my prettybaby that I know I've been in drops with you with. A good pilot will still do well regardless of the mech. I mean vortex went like 75-0 with the 2 med pulse spider in Solaris.

#43 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 21 October 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

How many 800-1k dmg games have I been the front pushing mech in my prettybaby that I know I've been in drops with you with. A good pilot will still do well regardless of the mech. I mean vortex went like 75-0 with the 2 med pulse spider in Solaris.

On average? Compared to your best assault stats? :) Post em if you've got em (screenshots)

The Fafnir is my BEST assault, stats wise

#44 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

I'm on my phone atm, I have no idea what my average is. However, I feel like my stats need some kinda handicap, my games where I'm black out drunk shouldn't count:p

#45 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

What I mean is, in the hands of any pilot, a bad mech will perform the worst of all their mechs. It may perform better in the hands of a skilled pilot than a novice pilot, but that doesn't matter.

#46 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

I'll look and post when I get home

#47 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:34 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 21 October 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Does the Fafnir have bad hitboxes, or is it as easy to hit as a barn door from inside the barn? Don't you guys think that the Fafnir being the size of the Jefferson Memorial might have bearing on how much fire it absorbs?

It's not just how big it is, it's the shape. Its CT is targetable from some pretty obscene angles.

Luckily, no one can shoot straight.

#48 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

not bad id say

#49 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 21 October 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

not bad id say

458 damage and 1.2 kills per match, could you post your KDK-3 and Anni stats? (MAD-IIC... Sleipner... Deathstrike, anything universally acclaimed as a good mech)

Edited by Nightbird, 21 October 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#50 Eris Strife

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

King Crab

#51 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

Just looking at them, its way above the pretty baby and you know that. Lol. Im just saying, you can make "bad mechs" work, i build my PB with srms/MPL's, its not ment to farm damage, its ment to run at 83 kph and tank as many alpha's as it can, so the guys who always are more in the back can get nice easy shots and blow CT's out.

You know how all this works

#52 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 October 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

Just hit cbills so they have to hit it with a 33% armor quirk nerf Posted Image I think this will be one of the mechs i skip buying.

I hate owning assaults I have to hind in the back with to be able to use.

This is both technically true and totally irrelevant at the same time.

Yes, the quirk was nerfed by 33%. But if you skill and properly frontload your armor your side torsos go from 98 to 94 points. Big fracking deal.

Statswise, the Fafnir is my best assault. Only clam mechs come anywhere close.

#53 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

View PostEris Strife, on 21 October 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

King Crab

At least King Crab is actually far more mobile, actually has thinner profile in comparison of those Owl Eyes.

#54 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

View PostNightbird, on 21 October 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

On average? Compared to your best assault stats? Posted Image Post em if you've got em (screenshots)

The Fafnir is my BEST assault, stats wise

Dude, you've admited to farming spuds in FP. Yes, it takes a good player to capitalise on those contitions and achieve stats like that but they are still cooked. Even people like proton say that Fafnir has oversized CT.

#55 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:09 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 22 October 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

Dude, you've admited to farming spuds in FP. Yes, it takes a good player to capitalise on those contitions and achieve stats like that but they are still cooked. Even people like proton say that Fafnir has oversized CT.

If you want to handicap yourself by playing random maps with a fixed mech loadout, more power to you.

#56 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

View PostMr Steinbrenner, on 20 October 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

How do you even get stats like this?

Never play quick match...

#57 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostNightbird, on 22 October 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

If you want to handicap yourself by playing random maps with a fixed mech loadout, more power to you.

Random is kinda the point of "average".

If your data is only gathered only at a really narrow band of situations, such as in FP with great team and typically dumb enemies which is basically seal-clubbing using a specific built for that map, then the data is only really representative of FP+Great-Team+Noob-Enemies+Select-Build.

#58 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 22 October 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Random is kinda the point of "average".

If your data is only gathered only at a really narrow band of situations, such as in FP with great team and typically dumb enemies which is basically seal-clubbing using a specific built for that map, then the data is only really representative of FP+Great-Team+Noob-Enemies+Select-Build.

Vx from EmP already posted his Fafnir stats from QP.

#59 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostKoniving, on 20 October 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

As such, the Fafnir is perhaps the tankiest 100 ton mech in the game...provided you're using a STANDARD engine. LFE...well that's just your problem.

Posted Image

I just cannot work out how people come to wild conclusions like these on a regular basis.

The ANNI still has the better hitboxes aside from the quirk nerf.

#60 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 22 October 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

The issue is the CT can be hit from any angle as the nose sticks out. Even fully twisted you are just eating damage like crazy as side on it's rubbish.

End of the day the Fafnir plays like any other slow assualt, you gotta use yor brain and position well or you will get destroyed.

The bonus of the Fafnir is the ECM means that at least 8 out of the 12 enemies probably won't immediately shoot at you because there is no red box above your mech as many players just aren't aware of what is going on. Thus you can really crank some damage in it before people realise you are there. If the Fafnir didn't have ECM, this would be a different discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users