No Minimum Range For Any Ppc

9 replies to this topic

#1 Mell42

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 10:54 AM

I would like to get rid of any minimum range for any PPC.

#2 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 03:12 PM

https://www.sarna.ne...rojector_Cannon

"PPCs are equipped with a field inhibitor to prevent feedback that could damage the firing unit's electronic systems.[7] This inhibitor degrades the performance of the weapon at close ranges of less than 90 meters. Particularly daring warriors have been known to disengage the inhibitor and risk damage to their own machine when a target is at close range."

#3 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 03:23 PM

If anything, PPCs here at MWO are kind lame... tone down I mean. They should work more according to the in lore description in my humble opinion.

Add the recoil effect when firing.
Add staggering effect upon impact.
Add 'heat issues' otherwise it will be OP, beats me if that's enough though.
Add a variant that causes to scramble electronics, not just the ECM.
Add the effect of causing target to over heat.

If these things are an issue maybe you guys would be more comfortable playing one of them Call of Duty.

Edited by simon1812, 04 May 2023 - 03:25 PM.

#4 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 03:29 PM

Putting some thought into it...maybe one should have the ability to disengage the field inhibitor, so one can hit a target q close range, but risk damage to one's own mech in the process. That would be interesting.

#5 ESC 907

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 208 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 05 May 2023 - 09:38 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 05 May 2023 - 03:29 PM, said:

Putting some thought into it...maybe one should have the ability to disengage the field inhibitor, so one can hit a target q close range, but risk damage to one's own mech in the process. That would be interesting.

Pretty sure the inhibitor is hardware, and not software... Like, the PPC needs to be detached and the component removed/altered. Otherwise, the risk is far too minimal.

#6 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 06 May 2023 - 08:50 AM

View PostMell42, on 03 May 2023 - 10:54 AM, said:

I would like to get rid of any minimum range for any PPC.
No this would be the change that would make me change my play style entirely.... IS has enough fixes in the name of balance you just got a smaller beagle you DON"T NEED MORE !! besides they already removed the minimium range from the PPC. just use ERPPCs if you don't like the minimium range or snubs

View Postsimon1812, on 04 May 2023 - 03:23 PM, said:

If anything, PPCs here at MWO are kind lame... tone down I mean. They should work more according to the in lore description in my humble opinion.

If these things are an issue maybe you guys would be more comfortable playing one of them Call of Duty.
recoil from an energy weapoN???? ions are very light do you knwo what a PPC Is? IF you want recoil from a PPC you should start with recoil from Autocannons....You realize weapons and mechs are designed to reduce recoil right?

staggering effect? We use to have knock down... it was removed

heat issues? look up ghost heat

Electronics? which ones ECm is already effected and it's fairly annoying being hit by a ppc especailly from one of those stupid ligh ppc boats in lore battlmechs are incredibly grounded as even if they were struck with lightning the eletricity would go throuhg the armor to the ground. The electronics refered to by the weapon description is the mech fireing the weapon so you want your mech to suffer electronic damage from fireing a PPC that's why there are dampers that reduce the range because without them the gun damages itself and probably the mech firing it.

Fine that seems fair from now on all non-erppcs destroy themselves and parts of the mech when fireing seems perfectly fair.

overheat? that's a plasma rifle not a PPC a PPC makes YOU OVERHEat not your target because they are so hot but PGI decided that only the clan PPC is super hot... that would be a plasma rifle/cannon.

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 May 2023 - 12:42 PM.

#7 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 03:49 PM

KursedVixem I posted a link to the description of the PPC on my first post in this thread, I suggest you click on it and read it, so you know what PPC weapons are and what they are supposed to be about.

I simply believe some things would be better in this game if they were more faithful to the source material.

Edited by simon1812, 06 May 2023 - 03:52 PM.

#8 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 06 May 2023 - 06:49 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 06 May 2023 - 03:49 PM, said:

KursedVixem I posted a link to the description of the PPC on my first post in this thread, I suggest you click on it and read it, so you know what PPC weapons are and what they are supposed to be about.

I simply believe some things would be better in this game if they were more faithful to the source material.
then clan mechs should be much better.

[color=#000000]During the Star League era, multiple hits from certain PPC models were known to scramble electronics, until the SLDF introduced dampers. These proliferated to the armies of the Great Houses and beyond during the outbreak of the Succession Wars.[/color]

[color=#000000]PPCs are equipped with a [/color]field inhibitor to prevent feedback that could damage the firing unit's electronic systems. This inhibitor degrades the performance of the weapon at close ranges of less than 90 meters. Particularly daring warriors have been known to disengage the inhibitor and risk damage to their own machine when a target is at close range.

As I said the field inhibtor is what causes the minimium range and without it the ppc can cause eletronics to be fried or damage on the UNIT WITH THE PPC!

There is nothing about a PPC ever causing heat to another mech. If a PPC causes heat build up to a mech hit by it so would lasers which also burn away armor.

And Unlike you i've been into BattleTech for a long time I know what i was talking about and I even looked that exact page up before I made my post..

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 May 2023 - 06:57 PM.

#9 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:36 AM

KursedVixem you havent said anything that suggest you did your homework.

#10 nvx 116

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 02:18 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 04 May 2023 - 03:23 PM, said:

Pgi would never fix ppcs it's too much work for them they would rather sooner nerf a is mech than an is wepon. They wont touch a clan wepon or clan mech first

Edited by nvx 116, 14 May 2023 - 02:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users