spider 5k quirk

22 replies to this topic

#1 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:54 PM

Hello dear PGI - after several patches and ofc after we had the machine gun mechs like - cheetah jenner2c atc - they have like - 6-8 machine guns, and now we have the piranha with 12 machine guns and the incubus - in that case the spider 5k is undergunned as hell- and have no place on the battle field . spider 5k became completely useless.[/color]

I suggest to buff the Spider 5K machine guns fire rate, and add some to energy cool down quirk, or agility quirks, or else useful weapon quirk to put that little underpowered mech to the field to be not even close to these mechs - but a little bit better than it was.

Edited by Leopardo, 21 October 2018 - 11:54 PM.

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:07 AM

The spider is a harrasing mech, not a damage dealing one.

#3 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:54 AM

who u gonna haras with that 1 laser and 4 mgs? - nearly dead mechs?

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 22 October 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

The spider is a harrasing mech, not a damage dealing one.

i dont want to give spider 5k huge buff just make it more viable

#4 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:57 AM

Harrassing is not about doing a lot of damage, it's about distracting the enemies and squrelling them away.
Although, I also think that it would be nice for the spider 5K to get at least a small firepower buff in a form of a new quirk.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 23 October 2018 - 04:59 AM.

#5 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:42 AM

-20% energy cool down | -10% laser duration

That's .84 erll duration with nodes and a cool down of 2.3 seconds - you can literally put 90% of the players into a rage with that single erll by shooting and moving. It's a spider, you won't see any buffs :)

https://mech.nav-alp...76914167_SDR-5K

If you want a real challenge go at with 2mpl on the 5v :P

#6 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:52 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 23 October 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

Harrassing is not about doing a lot of damage, it's about distracting the enemies and squrelling them away.
Although, I also think that it would be nice for the spider 5K to get at least a small firepower buff in a form of a new quirk.

Thing is is that the spooder does so little dmg I wouldn’t want to go squirreling at it.
A more powerful light that can get on your backside (like a PIR), would be something that people would be more likely to squirrel after, or a high firepower mpl boat like the WLF.

The spooder and the LCT 1V/3V need their rediculous cooldown quarks back imo. They never overpreformed even then.

#7 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

As I said, harassing is NOT ABOUT DEALING A LOT OF DAMAGE, it's about distracting enemies.
The spider is NOT MEANT to deal lots of damage.
Nobody likes getting shot and if there's a spider shooting you constantly you will probably get annoyed and try to kill it. This is the purpose of a spider. You are not supposed to chew through mechs like a piranha or a wolfhound, you are supposed to annoy the enemy.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 23 October 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

View PostWindscape, on 23 October 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Thing is is that the spooder does so little dmg I wouldn’t want to go squirreling at it.
A more powerful light that can get on your backside (like a PIR), would be something that people would be more likely to squirrel after, or a high firepower mpl boat like the WLF.

The spooder and the LCT 1V/3V need their rediculous cooldown quarks back imo. They never overpreformed even then.

thats what im taling about - very true - spider 5k need a litle buff

#9 MaskirovkaAgent

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

totally agree - the spider need that fire power buff !!!!! PGI plz add some rate of fire and energy cooldown quirks

Edited by MaskirovkaAgent, 25 October 2018 - 01:15 AM.

#10 Valley Pirate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:14 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 23 October 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

As I said, harassing is NOT ABOUT DEALING A LOT OF DAMAGE, it's about distracting enemies.
The spider is NOT MEANT to deal lots of damage.
Nobody likes getting shot and if there's a spider shooting you constantly you will probably get annoyed and try to kill it. This is the purpose of a spider. You are not supposed to chew through mechs like a piranha or a wolfhound, you are supposed to annoy the enemy.

Actually, the purpose of the Spider is to harass via node control. It VERY quickly takes over bases, forcing the enemy to split attention between fighting and moving to recapture nodes. Damage is in no way a part of its role.

I once lost a match in about a minute flat because no one went to kill the spider taking over the base. I'd rather have it do damage than single-handedly win a game like that. Alas, that's the role it was purposed for.

#11 MaskirovkaAgent

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:48 AM

u guys dont get the point - all new light mechs just way better for any role that spider can do - spider 5k now is just useless - drop some bone(quirks) to the spider 5k let him live

#12 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostLeopardo, on 21 October 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

Hello dear PGI -

Hello dear perpetual spider 5k whiner. BUY ANOTHER MECH and stop whining about the 5k. Just because you fail to do well with it doesn't mean everyone else is so afflicted.

#13 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:46 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 31 October 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Hello dear perpetual spider 5k whiner. BUY ANOTHER MECH and stop whining about the 5k. Just because you fail to do well with it doesn't mean everyone else is so afflicted.

I absolutely 100% support you on this one. I enjoy my spider 5k and can actually do at least 100-200 damage in mine. And if someone else is complaining about a mech underperforming-it's their problem, not the mech's or PGI's.

#14 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 01 November 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

I absolutely 100% support you on this one. I enjoy my spider 5k and can actually do at least 100-200 damage in mine. And if someone else is complaining about a mech underperforming-it's their problem, not the mech's or PGI's.

Considering that the spiders (particularly the 5V) have so little DPS that I can muster no more than 400dmg in one. A buff is in order. Several other mechs can perform the same role as the spooder but can also bring a decent amount of firepower so that they can be competitive in today’s meta.

If you only can muster 100-200 dmg, I can hardly consider that helping your team. Unless you happen to have a base cap gamemode like conquest. Having someone bring one spider 5V in their DD in FP does have potential to turn around a match.

Same goes for a lot of the LCTs too.

Edited by Windscape, 01 November 2018 - 07:23 AM.

#15 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostWindscape, on 01 November 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Considering that the spiders (particularly the 5V) have so little DPS that I can muster no more than 400dmg in one. A buff is in order. Several other mechs can perform the same role as the spooder but can also bring a decent amount of firepower so that they can be competitive in today’s meta.

If you only can muster 100-200 dmg, I can hardly consider that helping your team. Unless you happen to have a base cap gamemode like conquest. Having someone bring one spider 5V in their DD in FP does have potential to turn around a match.

Same goes for a lot of the LCTs too.

I said: "AT LEAST 100-200 dmg".
And, as stated earlier, if you can't play the spider properly just buy another mech and stop complaining. It's not PGI's fault that you are not good at piloting it. As Snuggles Time said:"you can give a spider 5v with a small laser and a tag to a good pilot and he will be able to do top damage".
Also, you are all ignoring the massive mobility buffs for the 5k during several latest patches, aren't those enough?

#16 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:18 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 01 November 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

I said: "AT LEAST 100-200 dmg".
And, as stated earlier, if you can't play the spider properly just buy another mech and stop complaining. It's not PGI's fault that you are not good at piloting it. As Snuggles Time said:"you can give a spider 5v with a small laser and a tag to a good pilot and he will be able to do top damage".
Also, you are all ignoring the massive mobility buffs for the 5k during several latest patches, aren't those enough?

I could just not play it, but aren’t we trying to make all the mechs as competitive as possible?

The only way the spider can be played properly is if it’s cap duty only. For QP meta, a spider will often not be a help to your team since conquest is only 1 of 5 game modes.

It needs a performance buff for QP SQ, end of story.

#17 Godzillas Enormous Tail

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

I must have missed the memo where the mech is terrible because in my SDR-5K(C) over six matches in the past hour with a medium pulse / quad MG / 280XL / 6 JJ build I got 3 wins 3 losses 11 kills 4 deaths. One win came with 3 kills including 2 solos, another win had six kills and one of the losses had 2 kills. Spiders are harassers... they should be played as such and if you cannot do well in a spider 5k, its because of how you're playing it not because of any faults in the mech variant. My overall stats for the mech are...

SPIDER SDR-5K(C) 31 21 10 2.10 29 15 1.93 7,898 99,961 03:37:48

Edited by Godzillas Enormous Tail, 02 November 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#18 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostGodzillas Enormous Tail, on 02 November 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

I must have missed the memo where the mech is terrible because in my SDR-5K(C) over six matches in the past hour with a medium pulse / quad MG / 280XL / 6 JJ build I got 3 wins 3 losses 11 kills 4 deaths. One win came with 3 kills including 2 solos, another win had six kills and one of the losses had 2 kills. Spiders are harassers... they should be played as such and if you cannot do well in a spider 5k, its because of how you're playing it not because of any faults in the mech variant. My overall stats for the mech are...

SPIDER SDR-5K(C) 31 21 10 2.10 29 15 1.93 7,898 99,961 03:37:48

My stats for this mech are actually similar to yours, or actually a bit better:
101 51 49 1.04 67 51 1.31 15.937 100.973 14:20:39

And you are not first to explain to these whiners that the spider is a harassing mech.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 02 November 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#19 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

My math skills may be failing me but how was a lower win ratio, kill ratio, damage per match average and xp per match average... "a bit better" ? I do wonder what the stat #s for the perpetual whiner is for this spider variant that requires a complaint post in every patch going back at least a year.

Edited by Dee Eight, 02 November 2018 - 09:24 PM.

#20 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 02 November 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

My math skills may be failing me but how was a lower win ratio, kill ratio, damage per match average and xp per match average... "a bit better" ? I do wonder what the stat #s for the perpetual whiner is for this spider variant that requires a complaint post in every patch going back at least a year.

Well, not really better, but as you can tell by the ammount of kills relative to matches played for both of us, the spider is definetly not underpowered.

I bet these whiners stats are a lot worse than these.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users