All Around Helper, Worst Cheevo Ever

12 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:18 PM

finally completed it, after years of grind i now feel hollow and wasted. its like a big fat "congratulations you wasted your life". i can think of easier ways to get 5000 gxp.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

I had to log on since I could not remember what All Around Helper was

pretty big accomplishment considering the state of the game congrats!

now if I can only remember what GXP is for?

#3 Helreginn

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Congrats! But no time to waste, gotta get 1000 headshots! Posted Image

And I agree that achievement is a bit ridiculous. You should get a heck of a lot more than 6 free skill nodes for 80K in assists.

#4 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

Gratz on a difficult achievement. While they are no gauge of skill, I find the weight class achivements a prestigous guage of a players battlefield experience. Way better than things like Deathstar and Ace of Spades.

Respect bro.

Edited by OmniFail, 22 October 2018 - 08:28 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:12 AM

View PostJinete, on 22 October 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Congrats! But no time to waste, gotta get 1000 headshots! Posted Image

And I agree that achievement is a bit ridiculous. You should get a heck of a lot more than 6 free skill nodes for 80K in assists.

those head shots. i think im up to 64 so far. i dont think the game will be around long enough to get that one. still dont have liquid metal, which is probably unobtanium with std engines so far down the power creep hole, something you had to get early on. ace is kind of one of those dumb luck cheevos. the match maker pretty much has to give you the perfect game, like where you are the only not-potato on both teams, then on top of that you have to have a spectacular match. i got to 7 kills about 3 times, usually in a ballistic mech (dual ac10 bushie, quad ac10 ani, and a bansh 3e with 3x ac5s and some lasers), and usually either running out of armor, ammo or time or some combination there of.

#6 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:29 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 October 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

those head shots. i think im up to 64 so far. i dont think the game will be around long enough to get that one. still dont have liquid metal, which is probably unobtanium with std engines so far down the power creep hole, something you had to get early on. ace is kind of one of those dumb luck cheevos. the match maker pretty much has to give you the perfect game, like where you are the only not-potato on both teams, then on top of that you have to have a spectacular match. i got to 7 kills about 3 times, usually in a ballistic mech (dual ac10 bushie, quad ac10 ani, and a bansh 3e with 3x ac5s and some lasers), and usually either running out of armor, ammo or time or some combination there of.

You have been playing the game for about 5 years, so about 1 head shot / month, you just need 936 months = 78 years more, don't worry life expectancy is going up! You can do it!!

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:12 AM

i pretty much doubled it overnight thanks to solaris div 1. annis are easy to headshot especially with another ani with a 40 point ppfld complements of four ac10s. but solaris is a ghost town now.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 October 2018 - 03:13 AM.

#8 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:44 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 October 2018 - 03:12 AM, said:

solaris is a ghost town now.

There's a few of us who drop in leagues 5-7 on a fairly regular basis (11pm-1am GMT on weekdays). We tend to run novel builds and have a match or two, unfortunately the moment we get 3-4 players in the queue someone turns up playing the meta and we leave.

It's no fun playing casually against a try-hard.

#9 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 23 October 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

There's a few of us who drop in leagues 5-7 on a fairly regular basis (11pm-1am GMT on weekdays). We tend to run novel builds and have a match or two, unfortunately the moment we get 3-4 players in the queue someone turns up playing the meta and we leave.

It's no fun playing casually against a try-hard.

The meta in divs 5-7 seem extremely variable though.

Div 5, I used a Crab CRB-27 with 5 MPL, didn't see any others like that. I think I went 19-6 with it, so not bad results.

Div 6, I used a Cicada CDA-2B with 5 MPL, don't think I saw any others like that. Went 15-10, which is pretty bad, but I was like 0-6 before I started running it because I was trying to use a commando, and that ended very poorly for me.

Div 7, I think I was closest to "meta", I ran a Uziel UZL-5P with 2 MRM30's, and went like 18-7. Losses were generally to other Uziels.

It's not like Div 1 where it's Annihlator or bust, there seemed to be a lot of variability in mechs.

#10 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:42 AM

The achievements system is great. The actual achievements are mostly bad. The prizes are ridiculously pathetic. I'm pretty sure "Death Star" is a secret way for them to look for cheaters along with "Guillotine" or whatever the 1000 headshots one is. Events sorta took over for achievements I suppose, but they're not persistent. Seems like a waste.

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:52 AM

It's a bigger achievement than Death Star or Ace of Spades, due to the large number that were awarded during disconnect days, and then P.G.I had no way of removing the fake ones.

#12 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:02 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 October 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

finally completed it, after years of grind

Grats. I have a thread on this too, you even posted in it! I also state how the reward is poor for taking so long to accomplish.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

View PostRhialto, on 23 October 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Grats. I have a thread on this too, you even posted in it! I also state how the reward is poor for taking so long to accomplish.

i remember but i didnt want to bother with digging it up for a nekropost that would have been locked shortly their after.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users