feedback 1.4.185 gameplay/feature

2 replies to this topic

#1 nazgul090

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

Hi there,

good job on releasing such a controversial patch. No sarcasm.

I think the objective of killing trolls build featuring an extreme unsustainable alpha worked out pretty well. Now baddies can only complain about LRMamagaddon in their tier. But they don't learn to use cover, ECM or AMS, their fault. Plz dont help them more.

Now pointing out the obvious, the changes to heat sinks increased the Sustainable DPS of all the mechs into the game. Thus increasing the pace of games.

The one's benefiting the less of it are the ballistic boat, since they lack of the capacity to carry heat sink or the need to do so. Their S. DPS didn't increased much when compared to the ones benefiting the most of this change:

The CLAN energy boat or energy+gauss. ALL of my old meta builds are working even better now in this new patch. Ok i cant alpha 4 time in a row, but overall, I can fire way more often.

I think you guys were planning on reworking the ''coolrun'' node?
Like you did with the ''heat gen'' node, don't touch IS. But for the CLAN, it would be amazing to see ''coolrun'' value drop from 2% to 1,5% to begin with. Then maybe to 1%.

That should shorten the gap in an acceptable way between the 2 faction and between CLAN energy boat and ballistic boat.

But i would still suggest to decrease ALL ballistic heat by 10%. The niche of ballistic is sustainability. And they overall suffer from other weapon systems to be WAY MORE sustainable then before.

On another subject:
1-plz optimize the game, stop working on balance.
2-Many destructible trees absorb weapon blow, many invisible walls arounds hills.
3-The social UI and the mech lab need to be sexier.
4-Day time, dawn, night time, night vision. A lot of player have give up on seeing **** at dawn or night time. They have a switch on their monitor to change their setting for night time. It's pretty bad.
5-Instead of releasing random mech pack, would you fill the gap existing for IS ballistic boat between the jagermech 65t and the mauler 90t? IS lack of ballistic option between those 2 tonnage.
6-I have a personal issue with projectiles weapon convergence and targeting system.

The game lack of a proper targeting systems to hit a moving target.
When leading your shot on a target, at example 300m, moving from right to left, if your hit marker hit a hill at 1500m behind the target, all your weapons goes parallel. All the weapons located on your left sides misses and those on the right spread on the target like crazy.

I would love 3 options on my mouse wheel as far as aiming goes. And a keyboard binding to save a distance location.
1-Tradional convergence: the weapons pin point at the hit marker.
2- Convergence at the targeted ennemy: the weapons converge to pin point at the targeted mech distance.
3- Convergence at a saved distance; for example, i cant target a mech at 750m because he has ECM cover, I move my hitmarker on him, press Q, location saved for 750m, hit the mouse wheel and select the option. Until I change of option or save another distance location, all my weapon will pinpoint at 750m.

I think working on a new targeting systems, optimizing the game and making a better social UI would mean a lot to the game.

Btw I like(?) the armor nerf on the ANH and the FAF. Before the patch, the king crab and the atlas were useless. Now the ANH and the FAF have more of glass canon niche and the 2 other frontline/tank niche.
But there is something others games balance team have learned: to balance something, you don't nerf the ''op'' thing. You buff the counter or buff the other available option. By example, I would not had remove armor on the FAF and ANH, I would have give more armor to the ATLAS and KGC.

Again, good patch overall concerning balance. Some more could be done but plz optimize the game before.

Keep up the good work.

Nazgul090

#2 Thegreywolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

I use multiple monitors and play on a third screen however when i start up on that screen before the patch it stayed on that screen, now it defaults back to my primary monitor so i drag it over to my third screen and its so annoying to go to settings >go into windowed mode save > drag the window over to the 3rd monitor then i need > go back into full window mode >hit save before getting into the game on every start up. not the biggest of problems just annoying hopefully a simple fix on your next patch (fingers crossed)
thanx for listening to me vent

as far as all of the changes and improvements I like everything that you guys have done. all of my bugs that kept me from playing before seem to have been fixed.

#3 El Moosechacho

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users