Fps/gpu Troubles 1050 Gtx

8 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson Corsair

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

Hello all,

I have read on here till my eyes nearly bled. Trying to figure out why, after a certain patch I dont remember which one, or windows update, Mwo started running like hell. I have set power plans to what the forums have said, I have used different user configs, with a tuner. My gpu will run at nearly 100% just idling on mwo main screen. I, for the life of me dont know what else to try. Like I said before, the game at one point ran perfectly without any fps drops. Ill post system specs from a benchmark test and my user config

If I,ve overlooked something or havent posted something fully or correctly let me know please, im not ultra tech savvy.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 (Mobile)
SSD: Toshiba THNSN5256GPUK NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB
RAM: Hynix HMA851S6AFR6N-UH 2x4GB
MBD: Dell XPS 15 9560

the above didnt post that the intigrated is a intel hd 630

Hopefully im smart enough to have done the spoiler below with the user.config in it right, if not i apologize.

In the Nvidia control panel i have bot the Global settings, and program setttings for mwo set to high performance Nvidia processor(got the setup for this from a mwo post about optimization settings being close to the settings for pubg)?

Spoiler

Thank you

#2 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Have you tried setting the Windows power options on your laptop to "high performance" and using a cooling pad?

Edited by Mister Maf, 27 October 2018 - 09:53 AM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:39 AM

View PostMister Maf, on 27 October 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Have you tried setting the Windows power options on your laptop to "high performance" and using a cooling pad?

Though the OP said he set it but not in detail like he did with Nvidia power management setting, he definitely needs to double check (edited) Windows Power Options, since GPU running at near 100% is a clear indicator of CPU running at a low speed but he did not note that or tool he is using is monitoring CPU speed.
  • And how long have you had the laptop? If for several months, check heat vents / dust build up, or that not blocked/obstructed.
  • Rename your user.cfg for the time being.
  • Run the Repair Tool 2x.
  • Is AC power plugged in? Remove battery and run it. If MWO plays normally have the battery checked out/replaced. Could also be a motherboard issue. Simply reading Amazon reviews /shudders..
Also check that XBox features are disabled, especially DVR.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 October 2018 - 02:26 PM.

#4 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 28 October 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

Though the OP said he set it but not in detail like he did with Nvidia power management setting, he definitely needs to double check it, since GPU running at near 100% is a clear indicator of CPU running at a low speed but he did not note that or tool he is using is monitoring CPU speed.

I saw that he said he set MWO to high performance in his Nvidia settings, but I'm referring to this:

Posted Image

This Windows setting is critically important for playing video games on a laptop. Also, for real, a cooling pad.

Edited by Mister Maf, 28 October 2018 - 05:09 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

edited and changed it to Windows Power Options. I was agreeing with you able him needing to double check Power Options, for emphasis :)

#6 Crimson Corsair

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

Yes power options are all set to high, I'll try the repair tool a few times and yah it's plugged in.yah not my finest purchase

#7 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:52 AM

Have you had a need to replace the battery or charger since purchase?

View PostCrimson Corsair, on 28 October 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Yes power options are all set to high, I'll try the repair tool a few times and yah it's plugged in.yah not my finest purchase

Things happen. Have you removed the battery and played? Most likely it is either a battery or charger but leaning more towards it being a battery issue. Removing the battery and running without it costs nothing. iirc there had been two players who had similar issues and it ended up being the battery for one and battery AND charger for the other.

Also, if it says your battery is fully charged, change the Power Options for battery to High Performance (remember to change this back later) and play some matches without the AC adapter plugged in. At least one player had been using a lower wattage power adapter than what the laptop was supposed to have been using and this is how he discovered he gotten the wrong replacement.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 October 2018 - 05:04 AM.

#8 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:10 AM

I don't know about your computer but most of your activated user.cfg lines have a BIG negative impact on performance.

-Two or Three times faster refresh of your hud items.
-Display more objects, farther and with more details.
-Bigger textures on terrain
-Bigger textures on shadows.
-Rendering engine speed improvements deactivated.
etc ...

Some of those lines are what i use to improve the look of the game on my desktop PC (GTX 1080).

I would start by deleting this user.cfg file.
Then put everything on low in MWO, disable cockpit glass and monitors, activate vsync.

If the problem is solved, you can try to improve some settings (via MWO menus).
If the problem continue, i can perhaps provide you a few lines to improve performance.

#9 Channu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

This could be the reason - "sys_SleepIfInactive = 0"

Set it to 1 and report back please.

Edited by Channu, 29 December 2018 - 08:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users