Return To Mwo Since...

2 replies to this topic

#1 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

First world problems I guess. Could always lower the resolution. Just saying >.>

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 26 October 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

2015 maybe? I dunno.

I've been playing BATTLETECH by HBS and today figured I would get back in the MWO saddle.

If I could READ the darn UI text it would be awesome!

I'm running a top of the line IPS 27" Asus monitor with GSync paired with a GTX 1080, at 1440p resolution.

I ran thru the initial tutorial, and into the front-end UI... WOW. Give us some scaling please? the Front End UI is unplayable for me. WAY TOO SMALL.

I spent a lot of money back in the day & I have the Founder 'Mechs to prove it. I probably would have spent more $$ tonight - but then the front end UI looking like TINY crap turned me right off.

If you want your post to gain some traction -- you're in the wrong section. This is Battletech-specific discussion and its only populated by us weird people that care about more than stompy robots.

The UI used to have a Scaleform script... but it was such a resource hog that even on high end computers disabling the HUD/UI would give performance gains of 15 to 30 FPS... so they completely redid it without that. The downfall is... nothing scales up, just more space. They could fix it by having multiple scales of all the textures and a simple text resizing based on scale or settings.

Reduce to 1080P while in the menus and go back up to bigger when in game. Sit closer to the TV/monitor? Both are viable options so to speak.

General discussion could gain some traction, the hardware/tech section could get you some workarounds (.ini edits can actually increase text size but I warn you as I tried it, raising text size can break some boxes as the boxes don't get bigger), and a message directly to PGI could get an implementation for the "first world elite" of high resolutions. Afterall I know of some 4K players that would appreciate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users