Mouse Issues

2 replies to this topic

#1 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

I use a logitech G400 mmo mouse and MWO has recently stopped recognizing mouse button 6 the 3rd/ring finger button. I like to map a weapons group to it but it seems MWO stopped recognizing that button all together. It used to tho.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

By default, left mouse button 1 (w-group1) and RMB 2 (w-group 2), zoom wheel/click (button 3), Button 4 (BACK webpage- W-group 3), Button 5 (Forward webpage, w-group 4). After that the other buttons have to be set on the mouse before MWO recognizes them, ie button 6, if being for w-group 5, mouse software set keystroke to 5 key.

Currently what keystroke is it set to? Does it work in non-MWO environment?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 October 2018 - 02:25 AM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:57 AM

Just for clarification. If pressed outside the game, does the computer itself recognize that keystroke? Using notepad when you hit that button on your mouse is it recognized and actually types out the number?

Going into the Proving grounds, if the button is mashed/wiggled, will it fire? (this is really dependent on the previous questions). I had a Logitech which I had to replace the microswitch since it would only fire if pressed a specific angle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users