Error Code 52

22 replies to this topic

#1 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:44 AM

I have started to get 'Error Code 52' attempting to equip Cbill only consumables on my mechs. When I switch to MC consumables, they save....

All my mechs have 2 Advanced Artys and a single UAV.

Is there a know cap on the number of mechs in your mech stable that can have arty installed? I own over 400 mechs currently, have cbill artys on the VAST, VAST majority of them.. and that's the only thing I can think of...

Is there a work around for this issue PGI?

Thank you.

Enjoi

#2 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

Yes, there is a work around. But first, does the consumable you switching to have a 1 or more in stock? If so switch to a mech that has the item already equipped and use that mech with the consumable in auto refill selected till the consumable count reaches 0. Once that is done you can free equip that consumable to the mech you want it on.

I believe this Error code 52 was introduced with the mech configuration saving feature and it is causing the consumable in question to be seen still attached to the mech it was originally equipped to while auto refill is checked marked.

Edited by Shadowomega1, 30 October 2018 - 06:05 AM.

#3 Orville Righteous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 127 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

When I get that error, I exit MWO and login again. I can save the consumables after I login again. I think I've been getting that error every time I skill up a mech and add air strike/consumable nodes and then try to equip those consumables. It's definitely an annoying error.

#4 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

Like Orville Righteous states exit MWO and log back in, thats how I fix it.

#5 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:52 AM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 30 October 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Like Orville Righteous states exit MWO and log back in, thats how I fix it.

View PostOrville Righteous, on 30 October 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

When I get that error, I exit MWO and login again. I can save the consumables after I login again. I think I've been getting that error every time I skill up a mech and add air strike/consumable nodes and then try to equip those consumables. It's definitely an annoying error.

Many people over on reddit have has seen this issue and stated logging out doesn't always work. In fact the night before posting this I logged in and went to equip a mech with a cool flush and ran into error 52 and I just logged in. So I simple went into a match used my consumable as I somehow had 1 extra of it as I don't buy them till I mount it to the chassis and set it to auto refill. After the match I didn't get the error 52 attempting to mount said consumable.

#6 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:44 AM

It seems it happens when your inventory in client desyncs from the state on the server and you try to equip an item you don't actually have in your inventory any more. After relogging, the 1 problematic "inventory" arty strike wasn't showing up any more and the 2 problematic "inventory" cool shots turned into only 1 cool shot.

#7 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

After the last patch it got worse. Restarting the game doesn´t help anymore and the number of mechs in my hangar missing consumables is increasing. I contacted the support via email. Since this issue is at least 6 months old and never got fixed.

PS: MW5 will be great ... when it comes out x-mas 2020.

#8 lobsterhierarchy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:36 AM

Got it quite often...it’s a “feature” not a bug ;)

#9 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:50 AM

I will restate what I said, if you have a mech with any of a consumable that keeps giving you issues, switch to a mech that already has it, set it to auto refill, and use it in a match; not training ground or testing grounds an actual match. Keep using the mech and consumable, till the consumables in your inventory are gone; ie 0 shown at the screen. This will fix it.

Edited by Shadowomega1, 26 December 2018 - 11:51 AM.

#10 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

So the problem causing is PGI giving me free s h i t? Posted Image

Edited by Wishmast3r, 27 December 2018 - 12:46 AM.

#11 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:04 AM

View PostShadowomega1, on 26 December 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

... till the consumables in your inventory are gone; ie 0 shown at the screen. This will fix it.

Just checked the screenshots i made when having this issue. I had 0 UAVs or 0 Artillery Strikes when i tried to equip more and Error Code 52 appeared.
Just started the game and could equip the mechs with consumables again like nothing ever was wrong.

#12 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:57 AM

Workaround that worked for me, remove all consumables and add them one at a time, by saving after adding each one, in other words:
1.- remove ALL consumables from that mech, SAVE
2.- add one consumable, SAVE
3.- repeat step 2 until all consumables are in and saved properly

Hope it helps

#13 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:43 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 27 December 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

Hope it helps

Nope.

I won´t get a response from the support till new year. Let´s see what they have to say.

#14 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:42 AM

Go to the store and buy some of what you trying to equip, that will fix it.

#15 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 27 December 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

Just checked the screenshots i made when having this issue. I had 0 UAVs or 0 Artillery Strikes when i tried to equip more and Error Code 52 appeared.
Just started the game and could equip the mechs with consumables again like nothing ever was wrong.

Different bug or tigger then the one people were reporting, as they all had consumables in their inventory. The work around I suggested works for those that the game reports them having consumables while they don't. Thus they get Error 52, as I also had this happened and relogging didn't work, only my method worked.

#16 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

Posted Image
GM Serenity (Piranha Games)
Jan 4, 14:14 PST [color=#2b2e2f]
Hello there,

We're currently aware of this issue and looking into getting this sorted out, however a quick workaround when running into this issue with consumables is to simply reboot your client as upon re-logging back in you should be able to equip these consumables without issues.

Regards.

[color=#2b2e2f]
Piranha Games[/color]
[/color]

#17 DaLoveDr

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:57 PM

For me it was the item i was trying to load but had not purchased. 2 RAC5's Had nothing to do with consumables for me, but this thread gave me the idea to try that which i had not bought. I had loged out 3 different times over 3 days and that alone did not do it.

View PostHorseman, on 25 December 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

It seems it happens when your inventory in client desyncs from the state on the server and you try to equip an item you don't actually have in your inventory any more. shot.

Not just for consumables, for me it was RAC5 Build i was working on. This was the key for me figuring it out thank you!

#18 Jade Kaiser

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 02:42 AM

I am currently experiencing this error when trying to equip gauss rifles on my Corsair 7A. I have them in my inventory. I have used them in previous builds on other mechs, but I do not have gauss rifles currently equipped on any other mech I own.

I haven't really played in a while, and coming back to the game and wanting to rebuild a mech, only to have it start throwing this at me is pretty discouraging.

#19 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 August 2021 - 04:52 AM

Why are people necro'ing a 2 1/2 year old thread?

#20 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 11:23 AM

View PostEscef, on 22 August 2021 - 04:52 AM, said:

Why are people necro'ing a 2 1/2 year old thread?

Searches suck for MWO... Most of the threads are from this thread's date, and yes, may be should have started a new thread Posted Image The mods may or may not lock this, but it will at least get moved to the Workaround subforum

Jade, strip the mech of equipment then hit SAVE. You do not even have to do it piece by piece as there is a strip button in the mechlab. Essentially your client has become desynced from the main server. Sometimes logging out then back in (even going through Repair ) works, but for those times when players that the log out/back in worked, we do not know if they reset the mech or made a minor change and saved what they had with the missing /troublesome component removed. So strip mech and hit the save then rebuild it.

View PostJade Kaiser, on 22 August 2021 - 02:42 AM, said:

I am currently experiencing this error when trying to equip gauss rifles on my Corsair 7A. I have them in my inventory. I have used them in previous builds on other mechs, but I do not have gauss rifles currently equipped on any other mech I own.

I haven't really played in a while, and coming back to the game and wanting to rebuild a mech, only to have it start throwing this at me is pretty discouraging.

Edited by Half Ear, 23 August 2021 - 05:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users