#1 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:20 AM

While I can see that possible legal reasons...

back in the 90s when I made a Solaris league, you could place bets on upcoming matches using cbills.

The RPI ranking system allowed for something like odds, Elo might not be as accurate but at least you know who is the favorite.

How to implement:

Allow bets of up to 100,000 cbills in set amounts like 10,000 , 25,000 , 50,000 and 100,000. Make them available in spectator view with a UI as a list of current bets and the pay off based on the ratio of Elo.

maybe multiply each players percentage health times Elo to make a "current odds" ..so 50% * 1800 : 40% * 1650 = 900:660 to make betting available throughout the match.

or make players propose a bet and another player must take it...with a list UI

Another option would be to have a big list of bets on current matches on the Solaris home screen with the current odds as part of the list of watchable games. This would be better as a player bet, player take bet system.

Why:

This will get more players involved in Solaris. It will allow players to root for other players. It creates a real Solaris feel.

How:

I am sure your programmers would love to do this, but I am a full stack developer who could assist. I still have my old database layout and other time saving resources including code.

Edited by Surn, 30 October 2018 - 08:51 AM.

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

This post has more divs than Solaris. Posted Image

#3 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:30 PM

They have been redacted

#4 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

We all know Solaris needs chill betting....where is the love?

#5 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

C-Bills are meaningless and useless to most veteran players... many of us have hundreds of millions or even billions lying around. Betting 100,000 - 200,000 C-Bills wouldn't be worth my time to bother with.

Now, if they added bigger C-Bill sinks into the game, like maybe making mech bays purchasable via c-bills at 50 million c-bills or so, or maybe making hero mechs purchasable via c-bills at 10x the chassis purchase price (so a hero Annihilator would cost like 160 million c-bills)... then all of a sudden you have something to work towards, and various ways to get c-bills would be appreciated to make the grind more varied and fun.

#6 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:24 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 02 November 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

C-Bills are meaningless and useless to most veteran players... many of us have hundreds of millions or even billions lying around. Betting 100,000 - 200,000 C-Bills wouldn't be worth my time to bother with.

Now, if they added bigger C-Bill sinks into the game, like maybe making mech bays purchasable via c-bills at 50 million c-bills or so, or maybe making hero mechs purchasable via c-bills at 10x the chassis purchase price (so a hero Annihilator would cost like 160 million c-bills)... then all of a sudden you have something to work towards, and various ways to get c-bills would be appreciated to make the grind more varied and fun.

Yet ~90% of the player base aren't veterans and C-Bills actually are meaningfull and useful to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users