Give Bas-Ra (Rancor) Ecm

43 replies to this topic

#1 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

Most people when piloting ECM capable mechs bring the ECM. Rancor without ECM is not a strong value when purchased. I always use the ECM variants first (of any ECM capable mech) and have only found one use for Rancor and that is in Solaris. I don't use it for anything else and if it was CT ECM capable like the A and B variants, it would be my first choice everytime per the 30% C-Bill bonus. Other ECM omnis like Hellbringer can swap the LT for ECM capability in the Hellbringer hero to give that mech superior value. Rancor should have CT ECM by default since it can't be swapped out for. Ice Ferret hero Rainbow Crow has CT ECM, this is inconsistent that Rancor does not.

Also like the lore friendly look of Blood Asp, just wish the ST rails were a tad smaller like the original concept art which was a real winner. Double hardpoints up there was a great touch! Keep up the good work and keep up the great variety of game modes like Solaris 7 and Faction Warfare! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by ilKhan_OrHan, 01 November 2018 - 03:03 PM.

#2 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:50 PM

Nope.

#3 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 31 October 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Nope.

Yup

#4 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:53 PM

ECM is an intrinsic part of this mech. $15 hero mech absolutely should have ECM for a mech that features ECM. Ice Ferret hero Rainbow Crow has CT ECM, this is inconsistent that Rancor does not.

Edited by ilKhan_OrHan, 01 November 2018 - 03:05 PM.

#5 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

It's pretty silly that game mechanics encourage you to buy a fancy premium hero 'mech, just to rip it's omnipods off, slap them on a better existing base chassis, and never actually use said hero 'mech.

I don't expect PGI to ever change this, but it's silly.

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

First, they need to un-nerf those stupid oversized gun pods. Then, whatever...

#7 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:25 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 01 November 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

First, they need to un-nerf those stupid oversized gun pods. Then, whatever...
They are like that in lore, just not as big, hence my request for a resize.

View PostKanil, on 31 October 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

It's pretty silly that game mechanics encourage you to buy a fancy premium hero 'mech, just to rip it's omnipods off, slap them on a better existing base chassis, and never actually use said hero 'mech.

I don't expect PGI to ever change this, but it's silly.
CT is only pod you can't use on another mech, should compensate in this case by giving hero omni with CT ECM variants ECM itself.

I can do nicer builds with my Rancor pods, but I should be using the CT of the mech itself, which I paid real money for.

#8 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

They are like that in lore, just not as big, hence my request for a resize.
CT is only pod you can't use on another mech, should compensate in this case by giving hero omni with CT ECM variants ECM itself.

I can do nicer builds with my Rancor pods, but I should be using the CT of the mech itself, which I paid real money for.

So, you are of the opinion that what you paid for was NOT the paintjob, name or 30% boost? There has to be a downside to "special" mechs, otherwise the game becomes P2W.

#9 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:53 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 01 November 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

So, you are of the opinion that what you paid for was NOT the paintjob, name or 30% boost? There has to be a downside to "special" mechs, otherwise the game becomes P2W.
Other ECM omni heroes get pods to swap for ECM, enabling ECM for your special mechs. They don't have this "downside" you mentioned. "Downside" to Blood Asp variant are the huge side torsos giving an easy target, don't have to take away ECM from hero as a further liability.

Just because lore put ECM in CT by default on Blood Asp A and B doesn't mean the hero should miss out on it. Rancor is only omni variant with ECM installed in lore in the chassis type to miss out.

#10 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:05 AM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 31 October 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

ECM is an intrinsic part of this mech. $15 hero mech absolutely should have ECM for a mech that features ECM.

No thanks, it was clearly listed what hero pods were before release

#11 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:25 AM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

Other ECM omni heroes get pods to swap for ECM, enabling ECM for your special mechs. They don't have this "downside" you mentioned. "Downside" to Blood Asp variant are the huge side torsos giving an easy target, don't have to take away ECM from hero as a further liability.

Just because lore put ECM in CT by default on Blood Asp A and B doesn't mean the hero should miss out on it. Rancor is only omni variant with ECM installed in lore in the chassis type to miss out.

The downside to this or any Blood Asp, is the goofy walking animation, not its lack of ECM. :)

Edited by Bud Crue, 01 November 2018 - 06:27 AM.

#12 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:28 AM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

I stand by my earlier statement. You bought the Rancor. You knew what it had on it. You don't like it. OK. But complaining like this that you "should" get what you "want" because... doesn't do you any favors.

If I buy a Ford F150 with a V8, I don't get to then demand that Ford put a turbo-diesel in it just for me. [edit] For free.

Edited by Astrocanis, 01 November 2018 - 06:29 AM.

#13 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 01 November 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

No thanks, it was clearly listed what hero pods were before release

View PostAstrocanis, on 01 November 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

I stand by my earlier statement. You bought the Rancor. You knew what it had on it. You don't like it. OK. But complaining like this that you "should" get what you "want" because... doesn't do you any favors.

If I buy a Ford F150 with a V8, I don't get to then demand that Ford put a turbo-diesel in it just for me. [edit] For free.
It's a standard component of every other ECM omni, not some exorbitant upgrade. Lore put it in CT by default in the TRO and now we are stuck with a hero that doesn't have it. It wasn't originally listed in one of the swapable omni pods and PGI isn't allowing anything to be moved from the original TRO location despite this not being the case in TT. That creates an imbalance with this chassis because it is the only ECM omni that can't have the ECM moved around per PGI rules.

I've given PGI a lot of money for this game over the years, my wallet should be a legitimate voice along with all my thousands of hours of play time. I wasn't complaining either, I was paying a lot of compliments to how well the game is made. You need to construct logical arguments before posting and improve your reading comprehension levels.

#14 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:00 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 01 November 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

I'm of the opinion that you should be buying a hero for the paintjob, the name, the 30% boost. Not buying it to strip the omnipods off and put them on a different chassis with a better CT. It would be nice if the latter wasn't the obvious choice in some situations.

Edit: while we're here, in a similar vein, I'd also like to complain about the (S) skin being locked to the "standard" variant of a 'mech.

Edited by Kanil, 01 November 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#15 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostKanil, on 01 November 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm of the opinion that you should be buying a hero for the paintjob, the name, the 30% boost. Not buying it to strip the omnipods off and put them on a different chassis with a better CT. It would be nice if the latter wasn't the obvious choice in some situations.

Edit: while we're here, in a similar vein, I'd also like to complain about the (S) skin being locked to the "standard" variant of a 'mech.
That is what an omni mech is for, to swap the pods from other variants. Hero should give you little bit nicer hardpoint options on at least some of it's pods to justify the real world price. This is the only ECM omni without a ECM pod you can use on the hero and I want to level the playing field.

#16 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

That is what an omni mech is for, to swap the pods from other variants. Hero should give you little bit nicer hardpoint options on at least some of it's pods to justify the real world price. This is the only ECM omni without a ECM pod you can use on the hero and I want to level the playing field.

Please don't buy an Ice Ferret -P variant then

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

The logic is very flawed, so I too say nope. Also did you like your own post(s)?
What could be fixed though as Jay alluded to is fixing the ridiculously oversized mounts. The Canon Blood Asp had those for gauss rifles; the Rancor is housing an ER Large or PPC at most.

Why no ECM? Two reasons. It doesn’t need it, and it goes against the build rules for every other mech in the game. ECM is not a “core part of the Blood Asp, only 2 of 5 have it.
Finally, unless you want to appear mentally challenged, stop liking your own posts. I hope that answers the question you never knew you had.

FYI I own the Rancor

#18 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 01 November 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Please don't buy an Ice Ferret -P variant then
Ice Ferret hero has ECM in CT, this is another example of inconsistency with ECM availability in the hero of a omni chassis.

View PostJackal Noble, on 01 November 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

The logic is very flawed, so I too say nope. Also did you like your own post(s)?
What could be fixed though as Jay alluded to is fixing the ridiculously oversized mounts. The Canon Blood Asp had those for gauss rifles; the Rancor is housing an ER Large or PPC at most.

Why no ECM? Two reasons. It doesn’t need it, and it goes against the build rules for every other mech in the game. ECM is not a “core part of the Blood Asp, only 2 of 5 have it.
Finally, unless you want to appear mentally challenged, stop liking your own posts. I hope that answers the question you never knew you had.

FYI I own the Rancor

You can't read and resort to ad hominem attacks so I'll repost this. Since you can't read, this will have no meaning or purpose to you but here goes.

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

You need to construct logical arguments before posting and improve your reading comprehension levels.

I've been liking all my own posts for quite some time, no one said you had to like them. I will continue to do so into the indefinite future, for the umpteenth time. I doubt you comprehend what I just typed but I will break it down for you AGAIN. You don't like my threads, stay out of them. It is very simple even for you.

I've already touched on the rails and would like to see a size reduction to resemble concept art. Mine are equipped with Large Pulse or LRM's, there are more options than "ER Large or PPC at most".

"It doesn’t need it, and it goes against the build rules for every other mech in the game" is not in any way, shape, or form a logical argument. That is your subjective opinion it doesn't need it, not a fact. It is a fact it makes the chassis stronger. How does this go against the build rules when Ice Ferret has ECM in CT and so does it's hero variant? Any omni mech with an ECM pod is considered " "core ", even though you can't be bothered to proofread and use end quotes when paraphrasing me. Also "Canon" is not capitalized, it is not a proper noun, no need to thank me for helping you look less stupid.

Not many people like to leave the ECM pod out when an omni has a swappable ECM omni pod and with Ice Ferret hero having CT ECM, no reason to exclude it from Rancor. You are welcome to leave yours out and get targeted and subsequently blown out faster but everyone else should have the option of ECM in Rancor.

You are real example of the pot calling the kettle black criticizing my intelligence level or is it you are simply transposing your own well known mental limitations onto me?

Edited by ilKhan_OrHan, 01 November 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#19 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 01 November 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Any omni mech with an ECM pod is considered " "core "

Says who? The Dire Wolf & Huntsman have variants with ECM, so is ECM a core part of these 'mechs?

"I want this" is also not a logical argument.

#20 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

Lol what a hot mess

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users