Another Locked Out Fp Period?

42 replies to this topic

#1 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

Didn't we complain loudly enough about being locked out of the goofy FP special events? This is so lame for people who are loyalists or dedicated to their groups. Once again I find myself playing other games instead of this one simply because the game options are again limited. Will this continue to push away long time players?

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

being a loyalist is your choice, you are choosing to be locked out of FP

#3 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:57 PM

Simple.
They want to kill faction now.
Enough angry payers......er I mean players.
No one will want to play it.
Then bang the feature is gone.
Soooo Haz we all go merc?
Refer to the above statement.

Edited by Novakaine, 31 October 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#4 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

honestly at this point in the games life, I'm really amazed anyone is still hanging on their lore/roleplay stuff

might as well go merc and enjoy what's left while it's still here

#5 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

It's a tight unit based around many games, so I guess we'll move on to something else for a few days again.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 October 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I'm probably going to regret asking this but how exactly am I Ignoring/punishing loyalists?

Explain to me how to make an event that doesn't make them feel ignored or punished?

I am asking because is genuinely don't want that to be the sentiment when I create events.

I know this set of faction events isn't particularly creative but i wanted to include all factions and i also wanted to do more Clan vs Clan and IS vs IS as it has a positive response in the past and Faction Play is the only place I can do that.

Re: Probation Period - I am having this investigated to see if and when it could be removed from the game as it also comes up every time a faction play event is created.

Regular Faction Play is turned off to reduce the number of matchmaking buckets

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 October 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

I am going to be flippant here but...I have included all factions in this event.
In fact, nobody should have to switch for this event.
They are choosing to switch or not to switch right?

What was... refreshing.... was Matts post asking about the anguish of the individual events. Considering PGI overall lack of follow up and refinement for FP, once even noted when 4.1 was released, Matt's question could be providing a window in how PGI feels or do not feel about FP... If it is one of the venues they rarely venture into then it does make sense they might not see where the many of the vocal player base are coming from, their point of view.

And I am definitely not here to sack Matt either, as he is not at the top making long term decisions and seeing the workflow move through the company. I like that he is able to setup events and that PGI is attempting to facilitate in making it easier to happen, but within a finite framework.

But with the events, even with their restrictions, it does encourage some to try it (again), though unfortunately it excludes others from the game mode itself for a variety of reasons, temporarily.

Edited, included Matt's posts from the Announcement thread.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 November 2018 - 08:00 AM.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:47 PM

PGI are asking for FEEDBACK HERE

So go tell them what many of us have been saying for a long time.

#8 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:11 PM

last time a checked yesterday and today, normal faction play IS HAPPENING at the same time as the special CLAN V CLAN and IS V IS. so your argument seems baseless here. you sir ARE NOT locked out unless they changed something today from how it was yesterday " which" i might add is actually a bad idea, as it opens the possibility to split the already small player base between TWO game modes with similar, if not the same, rules and functions to appease the few people who refuse to switch factions for the event, then switch back "even though they did away with all penalties for doing so and made it almost instantaneous".

so on both a practical and a rational level, to have both modes running at the same time is dumb. the smarter option is to simply allow a unit to choose a temp faction they represent" with out changing there main faction" and fight on said factions behalf for the event, which would dissipate upon either changing it or when the event ends. but what you guys are all whining about seems along the lines of "create" new game modes like battle royal so we have something to do, splitting the player base available to any given mode into increasingly smaller and smaller groups till they become un viable. see how bad an idea that is?

Edited by dante245, 01 November 2018 - 01:09 AM.

#9 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

You're not locked out, play IS vs Clans if you want

#10 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:53 AM

Oh no it's the bunch of difficult FP players who are still complaining after being given FP event.

#11 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:19 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 01 November 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

Oh no it's the bunch of difficult FP players who are still complaining after being given FP event.

Most Loyalist Players/Units dont want to switch Faction. So lately no cw matches because of qp events and then lock a good part of the community of matches/rewards with a stupid disigned cw event.

Only thing they get done is to destroy the last loyalists units.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 01 November 2018 - 05:20 AM.

#12 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 01 November 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Most Loyalist Players/Units dont want to switch Faction. So lately no cw matches because of qp events and then lock a good part of the community of matches/rewards with a stupid disigned cw event.

View PostHazeclaw, on 31 October 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

honestly at this point in the games life, I'm really amazed anyone is still hanging on their lore/roleplay stuff

might as well go merc and enjoy what's left while it's still here

#13 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 01 November 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

You need to be realistic about this game, man. It's not ever going to be an immersive experience for loyalists. Stubbornly refusing to participate in the event because of imagined rules is not going to help. If you must concoct a valid fluff reason, switch merc and take a Wolf contract, and then you're just a Steiner unit reinforcing a Wolf front, sent by Katrina for <INSERT REASON>.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 01 November 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#14 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:33 AM

Boo hoo, another self-inflicted wound. [Redacted] The break contract action is one click. One!

Oh by the way contract power is easily delegated to subordinates. Zero excuses, zero.

Edited by draiocht, 04 November 2018 - 11:24 AM.
unconstructive

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 01 November 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Boo hoo, another self-inflicted wound. [Redacted] The break contract action is one click. One!

Oh by the way contract power is easily delegated to subordinates. Zero excuses, zero.

But I'm really into the 80s style depictions of cultural stereotypes.

Edited by draiocht, 04 November 2018 - 11:25 AM.
Quote Clean-up

#16 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:18 AM

Well one good thing about tone deafness.
You don't have to hear a thing.

#17 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Oh please not these loyalist player victims again.

Nobody cares about all the prizes and mc you missed out on because you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot. No unit is worth that .
Why are you even moaning and whining ? Every faction is included .

Edited by Pain G0D, 01 November 2018 - 02:44 PM.

#18 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 01 November 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Nobody cares about all the prizes and mc you missed out on because you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot. No unit is worth that .

agree, cause PGI went above and beyond to make it almost instant and pain free to switch factions on a whim, and then go back to how they were when its over...with almost no penalties. like what more do you want? i appreciate the dedication to loyalist for lores sake and love for your designated faction..but denying your self prizes in a specific faction event cause its NOT your faction is goofy, just switch.

#19 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 01 November 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Looks like u never found a unit to feel home. Every faction is included, but only for a small timeframe and again mercs get it all.
Of cause we have merc sub units, but that is just giving up to poor design.

Unitmates are split between multiple units just because pgi cant fix events and make the ranks refarmable.

#20 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 01 November 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Looks like u never found a unit to feel home. Every faction is included, but only for a small timeframe and again mercs get it all.
Of cause we have merc sub units.

Or you could toss away your fake Facebook / Unit friends and make real friends in real life land while enjoying maximum event prize rewards .

You moan that faction play is a dead ghost town ? Well staying put in one unit and refusing to take part because its not your "faction" is helping to kill faction play . That stone around your neck unit is betraying you and FP . Great friends bro .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users