Jump to content

The Gigaloss


10 replies to this topic

#1 Alcom Isst

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 896 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:59 AM

I wanted to kite some SRM Kintaros and ended up in a really close jungle game against a streak Griffin. R.I.P my Elo.

Posted Image

lol what's an assault mech?

#2 Eisenhorne

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:14 AM

Yea... the Solaris placement match system is really bad.

#3 Surn

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 932 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:41 AM

i lost 260 Elo in a tie to a light that hid from me

now i have a division where I am like 25-3-1 and ranked in the 200's

#4 Roland09

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 387 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:30 AM

View PostSurn, on 02 November 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

i lost 260 Elo in a tie to a light that hid from me


Was that in Div.2 maybe, and the light pilot a Clanner in a Piranha?

I'm asking because recently, the same thing nearly happened to me, and the Clanner explained that this was in 'punishment' for me bringing a 'quirk-unbalanced' IS mech, and how Clanners had it tough in Div.1 because there they don't have any useable mechs to bring...

And I was wondering how that guy could have as many ties as wins, my impression being that ties should be extremely rare in Solaris. Then, however, the kami of Ishiyama rose up against him, and I mercyfully killed the Clanner with many SRMs to the face.

#5 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 6,170 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 02 November 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Yea... the Solaris placement match system is really bad.


Yep...

Some people have not even played yet - as they are deliberately waiting to play to maximise the ELO jump/gain.

It's a bit ridiculous how it works.

#6 Yondu Udonta

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • The Pirate
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:55 AM

Should have just played 1 game for the event and left it at there. Now there's so many people with a few games under their belt and are so high up in the rankings.

#7 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Exactly why I stopped in div 7. I couldn't figure out something I could make work within my 10 games, ELO epically tanked. Takes forever to boost back up, and I literally hate every mech in that div.

Edit; also, **** streaks in Solaris. That **** is weak. If they were going to **** over flamers, which actually have some associated risk they should **** over streaks as well.

Edited by Prototelis, 06 November 2018 - 12:04 PM.


#8 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,205 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 06 November 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

Should have just played 1 game for the event and left it at there. Now there's so many people with a few games under their belt and are so high up in the rankings.


Still have to do 25 games to get any rewards.

View PostPrototelis, on 06 November 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Exactly why I stopped in div 7. I couldn't figure out something I could make work within my 10 games, ELO epically tanked. Takes forever to boost back up, and I literally hate every mech in that div.

Edit; also, **** streaks in Solaris. That **** is weak. If they were going to **** over flamers, which actually have some associated risk they should **** over streaks as well.


If i saw steaks more than a few times i just drop with a daul ams mech for easy wins

#9 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 07 November 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:



If i saw steaks more than a few times i just drop with a daul ams mech for easy wins


Not on a 20 ton light. There be no room.

#10 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,205 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 November 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:


Not on a 20 ton light. There be no room.


You could do lct 3m but i think to many streaks would hit you anyway. Mostlly i would look at a larger srm medium with 2 ams if i saw streaks being used.

#11 Prototelis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 10 November 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

You could do lct 3m but i think to many streaks would hit you anyway. Mostlly i would look at a larger srm medium with 2 ams if i saw streaks being used.


I switched from the FLE to the blackjack to counter streaks by utilizing my delicious armor quirks to close and smash out their missile torsos. Easy peazy.

I really just like fighting the AC20 mechs in Div 6, its hella good practice for cool down counting, high speed brawl, and focusing laser on components while in a tight turn.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users