• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Posted Image
September 24th, 3049
Blackthornes Dragoons
1st Assault Regiment, Reinforced

ATTENTION: Blackthornes Dragoons will be hiring individual pilots, lances and full companies to bring the unit back to operational strength. The Blackthornes Dragoons operate on a Free Company basis allowing Company Commanders to manage their companies as they see fit so long as those companies maintain the ideals and honor of The Blackthornes Dragoons. As such, full companies as well as units down to the individual are welcome in our ranks. Currently the Dragoons have 6 fully combat ready companies and are looking to add 3 to 6 more.

About Blackthornes Dragoons: We were formed roughly 12 years ago and across the Inner Sphere have several hundred members of which a few over 70 are currently Battle Mech certified. It is our hope that we will have another 30 or so ready in the coming months, but feel obligated to open our doors to any veteran pilots or commanders looking for a loyal Regiment of seasoned veterans who understand the value of honorable combat, professional discourse and the value of team work without peer. We maintain our own secure communications systems that can support up to 512 pilots and support personnel and require its use for all engagements. Those wishing to give things a try with us should log into our Teamspeak server using default ports at TS.blackthornes.com with a password of Blackthornes .

Full details regarding Blackthornes Dragoons, to include entrance on a trial basis can be found on our Regimental page at http://www.Blackthornes.com where we look forward to receiving your application.

This is a short compilation by MAJ HybridTheory CO of 1st BN "The Hearth Guard".

See you in the drop bay.

Best Regards,

Colonel Aeron Sley
Blackthornes Dragoons
Commanding

Edited by Aeron Sley, 30 August 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#2 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Nice combo of names there ;)

#3 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Left over from our Dark Ages of Camelot days and where most of our members come from. It is hard to break a tradition starting in an Alpha back in 2001. It is also where we gained the most renown running an Alliance numbering around a thousand players and controlling our server for years. Name changes don't come easy, even if we wanted to, and in this case, we certainly don't, local lore not withstanding. B).

#4 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

A bit of history: For those that do not know us, we were founded in early 2001 playing Dark Ages of Camelot in their Alpha and grew from a small twelve person guild into an alliance spanning ten different guilds and over one thousand players. With our friends in the Blackthornes Alliance we became the undisputed masters of the Gawaine server and as time passed moved on to other games such as Warhammer and in doing so took some of our best former enemies with us as new friends and members. We currently have a few hundred members still registered on our old boards, linked below, and have recently setup shop here on a new site to simplify web management and improve presentation. As a whole, we are a group of older players, many of us, such as myself, are former military, but count many professions in our ranks such as veterinarians, doctors, attorneys, as well as many who currently work in technology among other things. We have no time for people who can’t maintain a polite, professional, attitude both in game and in dealings with our extended family here. We play to have fun, we are VERY competitive, but do not maintain anything resembling mandatory play times or the like. When you log in to play, expect to have fun, but expect to be part of a team focused on winning while doing so. If this seems like the place for you, then we would love to have you in our ranks and would welcome the chance to get to know you better and for you to get to know us better on a trial bases.

We currently have roughly 80 players registered and playing in the MWO Beta most as Founders of some sort. If you are looking to be part of a quality team with a consistent and honorable track record, then this is the place. We look forward to having you with us.

http://www.blackthornes.com

Edited by Aeron Sley, 25 September 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#5 Clevin

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Great group of people to drop with. Was invited in, and I am here to stay.

#6 Confusion

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBuf, NY

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Started with the Blackthornes Umbrella years ago with a game called stronghold kingdoms. Another game now in beta. But Came to this game and started playing. Now a Ranking Officer and Leader of one of the various companies of Blackthornes. I run the Black Company (*reference to the Book). Blackthornes Umbrella Supporting several hundred members old and new. With a Roster list of 80+ just for Mechwarrior online, and growing. At various time throughout the day, Blackthornes have had starting last Monday sept 17th, 2 full groups, Then Thursday sept 20th, Moved up to 3 full groups. Expanded Teamspeak to hold 256 Users. Within the Last few days 4 full groups @ 5PM EST. During which time people come and wait to participate. We Wish to continue expanding and growing. Friendly Atmosphere to be in, and Looking for those individuals who wish to share the same.

For those who have any questions please feel free to message me, Im usually around. Everyone who takes the time to read this, i hope you have a fantastic day, and Happy Hunting

Croaker "Confusion"

Represents @ www.blackthornes.com

Edited by Confusion, 26 September 2012 - 06:55 AM.

#7 Dividion

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I joined Blackthornes a couple of nights ago after being on the (very painful) receiving end in a couple of drops. Great bunch of pilots and a lot of fun to run with.

"Sometimes it's fun to run with the pack."
-Chuck Norris, The Expendables 2

#8 Sionnach Airgead

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationEast Coast US

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Great group of people. I really enjoyed grouping with you.

#9 Xander Pershaw

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

COME JOIN US! Always pwn, if you know how to follow directions and play smart, come try a few rounds and sign up!

#10 Belazaar

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Joined the group a few days ago, has really turned the game around for me.

#11 Ocean

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

I have nothing but great things to say about the members of Blackthornes. I joined up about 2 - 3 weeks ago. My game has improved and even if we lose (rare) it is still a lot of fun. The community and teamwork are both awesome, wouldnt picture myself being anywhere else. If you are interested and tired of pugging or just want to try something new, I would hit up our homepage and check it out!!

#12 Toranaga

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Got invited by Confusion to come play a couple drops on their TS and decided that it was a much better experience having people to laugh with - even if we lost, rather than be frustrated by the normal disarray and silence seen in Pick-ups.

For those that like camaraderie and want to enjoy the game, win or lose (we prefer win but **** happens), the Blackthornes is a great place to be.

#13 GusTheInsane

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWichita Kansas

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Gus here, Hail Blackthornes.......I have been with them for a few days now and I have had a blast, everyone is fun and polite, and the Military background of most members help make sure that wins are more offten than losses, I am looking forward to all the thins that they can teach me and looking forward to playing every day!

Posted Image

Edited by OutlawGus, 27 September 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#14 SteppewolfGR

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Great bunch! Very organized and very fun to run with.

I've been running with them for the last 2-3 weeks and I joined them, regardless of the timezone lapse.
Most of the time we are winning(20/1 ratio..) and even if we lose a match, there are no complaints or whining,

Don't Go Solo..
Join us We have Wookies! (oops! wrong universe...)

Edited by SteppewolfGR, 27 September 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#15 Army000

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Been playing with Blackthornes now for 2+ years (Warhammer Online mainly). Great group of guys. I will be leading up some of the groups. Hit em hard, hit em fast. Hope to see more guys joining.

We need more cannon fodder!! I mean, recruits!

:)

#16 Alabaster St Claire

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

The buys of the Blackthornes are a great bunch. I hooked up with them last night and was very impressed with the way they handled themselves.

#17 Cynwulf

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Mech Warriors Wanted!

Tired of fighting for House and country. Sick of putting your life on the line for little pay and little reward? If so the Blackthornes Dragoons just might be for you. Sign up today and reap more rewards than you ever dreamt of.

Regards
Lieutenant Colonel Cynwulf
Blackthornes Dragoons
XO

#18 Aeron Sley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Shhh... The Wookies are a secret. We are not bringing them out until we work out this captured battle armor.... Well, that and the shedding problem. Frigging hair is everywhere....

#19 SteppewolfGR

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

+1

#20 Clevin

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostAeron Sley, on 29 September 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Shhh... The Wookies are a secret. We are not bringing them out until we work out this captured battle armor.... Well, that and the shedding problem. Frigging hair is everywhere....

If you want to see what a furry Mech looks like, just join us for a drop. Though watch out for the LRMs, the smell of Aerons burning hair is quite unpleasent. But you'll soon forget that when you see the wins rolling in. And the c-bills don't hurt either.

In all seriousness though. Having been here a week now, joining them has been a game changer for me. I was liking the game before, even with the frustration of pugging. But after joining up with Blackthornes, I can't wait to get back on again and play with these people. There isn't a person here I wouldn't group with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users