07 Bacon Redefines "play2Win; Inaugurates A Weekly Faction Warfare Operation Code-Named: W.a.s.p.; Wins A Planet To End 8 Week Long Fw Stalemate!

145 replies to this topic

#1 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:48 AM

Please note: This post is intended to be informative and fun. Derogatory statements, negativity and saltiness should be avoided in this thread.

For the first time since September 16th, a unit has acquired a planet in Faction Warfare. The planet went to 07 Bacon and ended one of the longest dry spells--over 8 weeks--in FW history. The win occurred the same evening 07 Bacon had initiated and participated in it's first, unit only, weekly event called: "Winning (is funner) Against Stacked Premades" or "W.A.S.P.". The success of the event, and certainly the "sting" behind W.A.S.P. is owed primarily to the 07 Bacon leader Heavy Cav's creation and implementation of a strategy called "Play2Win". Play2Win has a level of OverPoweredness (OPness) on certain maps and game modes that it is sure to become the new meta. In fact, it's the only effective means of securing victories against certain groups that intentionally stack their team's with >95% pilots. The OPness of these stacked teams is such that to face them using conventional tactics is nothing more leading a lamb to slaughter. But, there are chinks in their armor that can be exploited. And Bacon is leading the front in developing these tactics. However, the unit is limited by the availability of experienced pilots that put winning above all else. With just a few more active pilots added to the roster, pilots that want to WIN at Faction Warfare, Bacon's Play2Win strategy can finally realize it's full potential.

Stop by Bacon's teamspeak if you'd like to learn more about the unit, and see what their made of. The address is Bacon.teamspeak3.ORG Password: BaconBits They're most active during the afternoons and evenings EST, but weekday mornings and weekends can see activity as well. Good comms are essential to Bacon's success on the battlefield. As such, a good mic and push to talk are required. Another essential element of Bacon's OPness is having the right mechs for the various map's and modes available in FW. Having a diverse array of clan and IS mechs, or at the very least a good supply of CBill's (at least 50 million), and extra mechbay's is crucial to Bacon's success. Skill as a pilot is less important, but still appreciated. Some of the perks of joining 07 Bacon are:
--Access to Bacon's discord channel which has a vast array of mech build that are some of the most OP builds in the game.
--Access to a wealth of information about builds, strategies, and game mechanics from the friendly, experienced, unit members.
--MC rewards: Bacon's leader gives all of the MC acquired from captured planets back to it's active pilots. Many of the pilots at Bacon have received over 1000 MC for participating in the wins that secured the planets.
--Officer level unit privileges including the ability to recruit new members.
--A guaranteed increase in your FW W/L ratio and other stats

#2 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

Incursion, you mean the only map you win on is incursion, and even then, small incursion maps, because we can spot you on the big ones and kill you before you rush the base in 4 waves.

Edit: I mean, grays on winning less than 5% of the game I guess. Your not going to improve as players or a unit shooting buildings and ignore the people shooting you back.

What do you plan to do on skirmish/assult/conquest/siege/domination, and incursion on polar highlands and grim.....does that mean your happy with just beating us on crimson straight and apline Incursion? Just curious

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 11 November 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

Its remiss of you not to offer the temporary suspension of the eight hour cycle as a contributing factor in planet capture

Under normal low population conditions present in faction there are simply not enough drops performed in a cycle to move the slider all the way. For all these matches the eight hour window was stretched to two days which makes a big difference if manifesting skill differences towards the goal of winning a planet.

#4 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:58 AM

tldr version:

fighting is hard so we won't even try (or try to improve), instead we will stack 12 mans of fast hard to kill mechs and run past the enemy to shoot buildings, join us

#5 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

You really shouldn't have posted a thread like this kid.

#6 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:12 AM

Those are the exact comments I expect from you guys. The only time I ever see any of you is when you are on stacked premades. So, no offense, but it's really hard to take any of you, except Spheroid, of course, seriously. I'd appreciate it if you didn't troll this thread.

Edited by 0regon, 11 November 2018 - 10:28 AM.

#7 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

Fake news, lately I've mostly been dropping in 3-5 mans

I lose all the time, especially on siege attack when we can't get the pugs to follow us, or they bring many dumb builds. What bothers me is when large enemy groups intentionally choose not to fight, even when they outnumber my group 2-3 times

#8 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

When was the last time you saw me in a group.outside of my drunken shenanigans when I'm bringing a ppc loctus, or a troll build. You of all people should know this. Just trying to help you guys out.

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 11 November 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#9 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

Murchison, eh? Makes my mind go to a Murcheson's Eye, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mote_in_God's_Eye , which of course brings up https://en.wikipedia...te_and_the_Beam

#10 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

And if you are trying to be a forum warrior, I could then say you are always in a stacked group trying to slay all the pugs, and you are no better than us.

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

Isn't it hypocritical to be stomping pugs in a pre-made group and claim to be anti-pre-mades in the same breath?

At least the other groups are being honest about it.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

Reads OP. Thinks for 5s. Comes to following conclusion:

So...
  • You stayed one side rather then Faction Hopping (like everyone else), and got lucky that side won.
  • You Gen / Objective rushed for easy wins (likely even against PUGs)
  • You were running groups yet carry on about groups on the forums Posted Image
Engaging gameplay. Keep up that D-Tier work fella's

View Post0regon, on 11 November 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

--A guaranteed increase in your FW W/L ratio and other stats

In the interest of full disclosure you forgot to add a couple line:

--A tank in KDR/KMDD as we at Bacon just objective / gen rushing match after match and often don't shoot at mechs
--Lower cbill payouts per match due to not shooting mechs, just objectives

I mean all of this in the spirit of fun, btw. Given a few 07 guys regularly drop by my stream and often get into group drop shenannigans or fundraiser events etc with me & others. Those guys are actually good fun, I secretly think they enjoy not being forced to gen/objective rush on my watch. Posted Image

This is a pretty poor effort at a 'hidden message' recruiting thread as well Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 11 November 2018 - 02:44 PM.

#13 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

This thread is going exactly as well as I thought it would.

#14 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 11 November 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

This thread is going exactly as well as I thought it would.

Posted Image

#15 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 11 November 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

it was only a matter of time

#16 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

Posted Image

#17 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:54 PM

It's so funny, every one of you goof balls are the exact guys that run around in stacked premades trying to destroy FW. You guys don't want FW to survive. You just want to stoke your egos by going around crushing teams that can never match your combined talents. You guys troll FW the same way you troll the forums. Get a life dudes. You're toxic

#18 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:17 PM

View Post0regon, on 11 November 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

It's so funny, every one of you goof balls are the exact guys that run around in stacked premades trying to destroy FW. You guys don't want FW to survive. You just want to stoke your egos by going around crushing teams that can never match your combined talents. You guys troll FW the same way you troll the forums. Get a life dudes. You're toxic

I love you too, Oregon. Personally, I don't run around in stacked premades because I am trying to destroy FW... I do it because the quality of teammate you get if you play without a full 12 man is often so bad that it's just pure masochism to try to do it Unless you have a solid group of at least 6-8 very good players, carrying the dead weight that are FW solo puggles is quite difficult. I did a solo game yesterday, defending Grim Portico. Nearly 4k damage, 10 kills, 8 solo kills. I took out 2 whole freaking lances of the enemy myself, using ~500 meter effective weapons (so its not like I was sitting in the back with a dire wolf plinking away like some people you might know). We were still massacred. You can play incredibly well, and still get crushed, because your teammates are so bad it's infuriating. I don't want to subject myself to that. So I join with other players who have a similar mindset. The end result is that I personally do less damage, have lower rewards (it's a race to get in and kill things before someone else does), but a much more pleasant time, so I'll take it.

#19 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:22 PM

Praise be to Tanner

#20 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

View Post0regon, on 11 November 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

You're rejecting our way of playing this game by trying your hardest to emulate what we're doing? Assembling a team of like-minded individuals, cooperating with each other, strategizing, bringing right mechs, sharing armor, watching each other's backs. If you really want to criticize us, stop doing these things.

Edited by Nightbird, 11 November 2018 - 08:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users