Anyone Like The Legend Killer?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:48 PM

It's a sweet mech, I really get a kick out of low-heat DPS builds with it.

https://imgur.com/a/hjzjfTI

Also, just now

https://imgur.com/a/kelaKyg

Edited by Gilgamecc, 12 November 2018 - 11:46 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

It can do well on certain situations. An above average Hero mech.

#3 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

All the riflemen are good mechs, IMHO.

#4 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 13 November 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

All the riflemen are good mechs, IMHO.

I suppose, but HBK-IIC can pretty much do the same thing weighing 10 tons lighter.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:15 AM

i suppose its ok but last i checked it was quirked for squirrel guns. and you really dont have the tonnage to boat 2-class ballistics unless you also go for an xl engine. it could be a lot better.

#6 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 November 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

I suppose, but HBK-IIC can pretty much do the same thing weighing 10 tons lighter.

Yes, but in general I play IS mechs almost exclusively so.......

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 November 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

i suppose its ok but last i checked it was quirked for squirrel guns. and you really dont have the tonnage to boat 2-class ballistics unless you also go for an xl engine. it could be a lot better.

IS XL could be a lot better.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:40 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 November 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

IS XL could be a lot better.

cant argue there.

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:32 AM

XL could be better but it's not a must. LK can get away with a slower 255 Light engine, 2 LB-10X, 5 tons of ammo and some backup lasers.

I mean, come on let's be real here, Legend Killer often punches way above it's weight. It's a 60 tonner.
You can't expect it to do everything at once. If ya want all them backup lasers + decent speed... ya you're not getting the survivabilty.. should be a given, right?

Firepower, speed or durability. Check 2 of them, not all 3.

When i look at the similar 60 ton clan counter pick, the bandit, it's quite similar and i've actually would prefer finding myself in a Legend Killer.

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 November 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

XL could be better but it's not a must. LK can get away with a slower 255 Light engine, 2 LB-10X, 5 tons of ammo and some backup lasers.

I mean, come on let's be real here, Legend Killer often punches way above it's weight. It's a 60 tonner.
You can't expect it to do everything at once. If ya want all them backup lasers + decent speed... ya you're not getting the survivabilty.. should be a given, right?

When i look at the similar 60 ton clan counter pick, the bandit, it's quite similar and i've actually would prefer finding myself in a Legend Killer.

Except a HBK-IIC can go faster, while packing the same weapons, with more ammo, AND JJs, ALL thanks to superior Clan tech, especially Clan XL. I guess HBK-IICs really need nerfs. ;)

#11 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:13 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 November 2018 - 04:32 AM, said:

If we just look at 60 toners, and even just IS 60 ton heroes then every time I would take an IV-4 over a Legend Killer under your criteria. It gets closer to checking off all three boxes way more than the LK (even if you should decide to build it similarly, e.g. 2LBX10 and 2ML). Yes the LK has higher hard points for ballistics (which is nothing to scoff at) but the quirks, especially the defensive quirks on the IV-4 overwhelms that benefit, plus it has excellent cool down quriks too (making the MRM which does take advantage of the higher hard points that much more enticing than the LK for most play).

#12 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:37 AM

If you like it and enjoy it, play it - theres no point in having all these other mechs if you ignore them all in favor of whats meta/best/not yet nerfed.

EDIT: This was my 2,000th post, I feel like iv lost something I can never get back. Time, so much time.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 13 November 2018 - 06:48 AM.

#13 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

One of the best IS heavy mech heroes, if not one of the best heavies in general. Entirely enabled by its cooldown quirks.

#14 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:05 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 13 November 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

EDIT: This was my 2,000th post, I feel like iv lost something I can never get back. Time, so much time.

*Laughs in 5 digits* :P

#15 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:26 AM

I love the LK. 2xLBX10 and 4MLs.

I actually had 2 copies of the cbill varient for Faction Play. Would bring them out as 2nd-3rd waves and clean up on components / damage. It's pretty excellent to burn out of 120 LBX-10 pellets. Like, hell yea.

#16 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

I've just never liked IS 60 tonners in general, they feel too fragile with too little firepower. The exception is the IV4, but it's quirked to hell and back. In QP, all heavies are considered equal, and the Rifleman will never stand up to the power of clan heavies like the Hellbringer or Ebon Jaguar, and it has nothing on the tankiness of IS heavies like the Roughneck, and doesn't have the tonnage to mount the big guns like the Warhammer. In FP, it can have a place if you're short on tonnage and only have space for a 60 tonner, but the extra 10 tons for a Warhammer is usually well worth it.

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 November 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Except a HBK-IIC can go faster, while packing the same weapons, with more ammo, AND JJs, ALL thanks to superior Clan tech, especially Clan XL. I guess HBK-IICs really need nerfs. Posted Image

My irony detector is going off.. I think hunchy with 2 LB-10X doesn't compare to LK. 2 LB-20X is nice, tho either no speed or no ammo. Fun mech nevertheless.

View PostBud Crue, on 13 November 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

If we just look at 60 toners, and even just IS 60 ton heroes then every time I would take an IV-4 over a Legend Killer under your criteria. It gets closer to checking off all three boxes way more than the LK (even if you should decide to build it similarly, e.g. 2LBX10 and 2ML). Yes the LK has higher hard points for ballistics (which is nothing to scoff at) but the quirks, especially the defensive quirks on the IV-4 overwhelms that benefit, plus it has excellent cool down quriks too (making the MRM which does take advantage of the higher hard points that much more enticing than the LK for most play).

Only played IV-4 on pts, i'd probably take it over the LK.
I wanted to compare it ot clan, that's why went with MDD.

#18 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

https://mwo.smurfy-n...19bf3505a031e40

Might be a little light on the ammo, but it can be done.

#19 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

Lol what? The -3C is beautiful with a light 250 and quad -2 or LBx2

#20 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

I like to run it with quad AC2s. Nonstop dakka. Well...until you run out of ammo >.>;

Though if I get to that point it means the match is almost over and I did a lot of business or I'm about to be destroyed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users