20 replies to this topic

#21 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 15 November 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

I don't like this idea. The reward for getting better is then to be saddled with worse and worse teammates to drag you down to give the other team a fair shot. No thank you. If I want to play with horrible teammates I'll just play quick play, thank you. The entire point of FP is that you can come up with coordinated 12 man strategies to run on maps, and that's where it's the most fun.

This is QP, not FP.

The whole idea is to use QP to train up players and bridge the gap to FP.

Also a terrible idea. Again, the whole attraction of FP is that you can build an entire deck to suit a map, so you don't have to get stuck with a useless specialized map. This would kill ultra-focused mech builds like the ERLL Battlemaster, because it has no place in a drop deck on a map like Caustic Valley.

That's FP.

The whole idea of forcing multirole decks is to stop lets say, having all four Lurm mechs of a drop deck dropping in a place like Polar HIghlands.

Believe it or not, if you don't know what the hell the map you are falling into, it adds a strong strategic element in your deck planning.

I have no desire to see the cancer of random teams / random mechs / random maps that is quick play further infest faction play. If you want all randomness, feel free to play QP. If you want to actually have to think about what mechs would best suit the given map/mode, and build a competent drop deck to accomplish that alongside your teammates, then play FP.

You apparently mistook the post. This is not about FP. This is about QP, and bridging the gap to FP. This is to make QP more of a training ground to FP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users