Loyalty Mech Discussion Thread

43 replies to this topic

#41 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 14 November 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Anyone else notice they goofed on the designation for the warhammer ?

I THOUGHT it was weird that it was a WHM-4.

"Huh, I thought only Clanners used single letters as a variant designation."

Yup, it's supposed to be WHM-4L. Or for the Loyalty variant a WHM-4L(L).

#42 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostKill2Blit, on 15 November 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Yup, that's basically my build too. I had a smaller engine on hand (325 LFE?), and I nixed the stealth for Standard to fit another DHS or two. Didn't find the Stealth was worthwhile as after a bit of movement and a single alpha leaves you sitting at like 80% heat.

https://mech.nav-alp...e0af7a7_WHM-4LL

#43 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

View PostAbaddun, on 15 November 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

I have yet to try the Gyr or the Javalin but:

•The warhammer is super solid. I'm running it with a Light 325, MRM30 and 6 ERmeds. It's a bit hot, but I can sustain fire my MRM from the relative safety of ECM. I feel like I'm wasting the PPC quirks, but the arms are just too low for a PPC sniper.

•Far less useful then I thought it would be. The JJs are just not giving me enough lift to do what I want to do. I'll keep trying though, my next build is a Light 220 with 4 LPPCs(for the lower heat gen) over dual ERPPCs and an AC10. If it runs too hot I'll swap the LPPCS out for a HPPC.

You can fit the ppc's to the upper hardpoints in the arms if you fit something else first.

#44 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:45 PM

View PostAbaddun, on 15 November 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

I have yet to try the Gyr or the Javalin but:

•The warhammer is super solid. I'm running it with a Light 325, MRM30 and 6 ERmeds. It's a bit hot, but I can sustain fire my MRM from the relative safety of ECM. I feel like I'm wasting the PPC quirks, but the arms are just too low for a PPC sniper.

•Far less useful then I thought it would be. The JJs are just not giving me enough lift to do what I want to do. I'll keep trying though, my next build is a Light 220 with 4 LPPCs(for the lower heat gen) over dual ERPPCs and an AC10. If it runs too hot I'll swap the LPPCS out for a HPPC.

Try an MRM40 and HPPC on the torsos and Small (Pulse) Lasers on the arms? Fire the HPPC after the MRMs and keep the SLs for emergencies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users