• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:34 AM

I only got two of them.

My assessment:

Javelin
This is a great mech! My favorite Solaris mech is a 2 Sn-PPC spider, so I am used to aiming with this weapon. 6 MGs is a fair tradeoff. My first outing landed 289 damage and 2 kills in a 4-12 loss.

NTG
Garbage truck maneuvering. Outflanked and too slow to face enemies. Hangar queen until PGI finishes undoing all the mobility nerfs.

#2 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

I got the Javelin, NTG and Rifleman. I did a quick build with the Gyr that I will try out later, but could not settle on a decent build for the other two Mechs. Everything I come up just seems lacking... That's a bit disappointing, because they look so pretty. :)

#3 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

On the NTG.... unless it's drastically different from the other NTG out there, not sure what you were expecting. It plays like an Assault mech (and has dang near the firepower of one to boot) just with less armor. They're still useful, if a bit difficult to use.

#4 Balder Lodbrokk

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:53 AM

So i just checked the Rifleman and have to say i am dissapointed. The Jump Jets come out of the Hull without any indication that there could be a Jump jet. Just out of armored hull. That dissapoints me a lot :(

#5 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 13 November 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

I only got two of them.

My assessment:

Javelin
This is a great mech! My favorite Solaris mech is a 2 Sn-PPC spider, so I am used to aiming with this weapon. 6 MGs is a fair tradeoff. My first outing landed 289 damage and 2 kills in a 4-12 loss.

NTG
Garbage truck maneuvering. Outflanked and too slow to face enemies. Hangar queen until PGI finishes undoing all the mobility nerfs.

Great to heat that about the javelin. Should be a fun little mech.

On the topic of the gyr though - I wouldn't hold my breath on many of the clan chassis getting much mobility back anytime soon. Since they still are perceived as out-performing their IS cousins in the absence of giant quirks, so until and unless that changes, their mobility probably won't either. Note that the mobility changes are going almost exclusively under-gunned mechs. (That means, over-engined Omnis, or IS mechs with poor hardpoints and/or geometry)

Edited by Daurock, 13 November 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#6 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:58 AM

I am trying the NGT now. 2xGauss 2 ERLL, low on the DPS end but over all it is working.

I should have gotten also the javelin but for some reason I do not qualify even though I bought MC and Solaris 7 pack. Already inquired about this issue to customer support.

EDIT: You can blame PGI about many things, but they do have the best customer support I have ever experienced, I got my issue fixed in less than 1 hour...

Edited by Brizna, 13 November 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#7 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

Have all the IS rewards. Javlin, rifleman and warhammer. Just logged in this morning to have a look, cause I have work today. Javlin looks super fun, fitted it quickly 2 medium pulse and 6 machine guns.
Looked at the Warhammer. It looks super soild and fun.
Wish I didn't have to work today lol... oh well in 10hours I can have a few games.

#8 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

Javelin is fun.
Night Gyr is still meh.
Warhammer is fun.
MAD IIC is okay.
Haven't tried the Rifleman yet.

#9 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

View Post- World Eater -, on 13 November 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Night Gyr is still meh.

Can't say about the rest, but while NTG is over nerfed in the agility department that's nothing you can't compensate with tactical awareness, careful positioning and good aim. It's not the best heavy mech out there as it used to be but it s definitely above average.

#10 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

Javelin works same as others except for its now got flight capabilities... and apparently aiming is OP because in two matches I've killed a 100 ton mech in both (fafnir and direwolf).

#11 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

I only got the Night Gyr. I expected it to be a regular Night Gyr with an ECM omnipod option and a fancy camo.

While it meets the "be a Night Gyr" part of my expectations perfectly, I'm pretty disappointed that you can't recolor the golden palm/feather/whatever portion of the camo.

#12 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

I pulled out the JJ ,s from rifleman and swopped XL engine for a light . It just just all fits now which I like .

I pulled out JJ,s from javelin and swopped XL engine for a light . Added armour and ammo , took out the snub nosed ppc for an Er large laser and an extra heatsink .

#13 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:14 AM

I've had a decentfew games with 3xUAC10 and Heavy Smalls on the Night Gyr H. You have to lose the set of 8 quirks but I'm really only using this thing over my beloved NTG-C for the ECM anyway.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:25 AM

Night Gyr = 2xGauss + ERPPC +ECM, heat dissipation changes have made alpha'ing this combo work again.
Rifleman = 2 Heavy PPC Jump sniper works pretty good, if a bit slow
Javelin = crappier version of a MG Arctic Cheetah, not going to bother using it.

#15 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

The MAD-IIC and the WHM are both pretty terrible, and I cannot find uses for either.

#16 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:06 AM

My hot take and ranking of the 5 2018 Loyalty mechs (unskilled)
:
#1: Javelin - 6xMGs, 2xMPLs, XL225, 4JJ. Awesome to play.
#2: Night Gyr - swap out LT for a ballistics, 2xUAC10, 1xUAC5. Poptarting and pushing dakka. Fantastic.
#3: Warhammer - MRM40, 5xMPL, LE300. Not too bad. Took out the stealth armour tho.
#4: Marauder IIC - 2xHLL, 5xERML, XL375, 30 DHS. Alpha and hide. Not my style of play but can't complain with a 64 damage alpha. In the mid to late game you're popping mechs left and right.
#5: Rifleman - RAC5, RAC2, 4xERSL, LE275. It's a Rifleman, typical 2nd-liner. All of its weapons on the arms is bad...

#17 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

Javelin is bad.

Night Gyr is super legit, even with brick agility. Try two gauss one erppc, 5uac 2 (hilarious with the ecm), or the tried and true 2/3 of a deathstrike dual gauss dual erlarge. A little difficult to learn at first, but it's a damn powerful ppfld poptart only now it has spud detection protection.

Rifleman; I don't even know what to do with this thing. Probably make it into a jump sniper.

Warhammer; ditto. Doesn't do anything well. Would have been turbo legit with ballistics, but alas.

Edited by Prototelis, 14 November 2018 - 11:00 AM.

#18 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:28 AM

already sent an email to remove the garbage from my account.

#19 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 14 November 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

already sent an email to remove the garbage from my account.

Lol... seriously? How dare they give you free mechs!

#20 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:15 PM

Thats absurd dude...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users