• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

MECH CHALLENGE EVENTS

Starts: Nov 14th 00:00 UTC
Ends: Dec 1st 00:00 UTC

VAPOR EAGLE MECH CHALLENGE

CUSTOMER REWARDS MECH CHALLENGES

Look for an in-game sale on Standard and Hero Variants of select Reward Chassis!
SALE ENDS: November 20th 2018, 00:00 UTC

Stay tuned for these upcoming Events and Sales
Mech_Con Countdown Daily Challenges
Thanksgiving event
Black Friday Sales
Cyber Monday Deals

#2 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

Thank you for starting them on Tuesday instead of later in the week.

#3 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 13 November 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

Thank you for starting them on Tuesday instead of later in the week.

Ditto!

Also can PGI please add Bolt-On wing-paldrons to sell us Goshawk owners who care about how it should look.
And don't give 2 cents about hit boxes... but would give 2 cents to get something closer in look to Lore, for example:

Posted Image

Edited by Akillius, 13 November 2018 - 05:18 PM.

#4 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

I know this may sound hypocritical considering I bought the mech but I've got serious concerns about how this mech will succeed. It seems anything it can do the Huntsman or the Stormcrow can do equally as well if not better. I was seriously hoping for much better baseline mobility. And the mech itself is gigantic (I still despise volumetric scaling)
. There are no real quirks to set it apart from other capable clan mediums. I think PGI may have missed the mark a bit. Better baseline mobility and perhaps even a few structure quirks would go a long way. If you slow it down you may as well use a huntsman. If you speed it up you lose too much tonnage needed for firepower for a mech of its size. And its literally too big and immobile to be an effective striker mech. That and the hero's hardpoints are dreadful.

Edited by -Ramrod-, 13 November 2018 - 06:20 PM.

#5 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

Fingers crossed for some good sales and discounts, have some gold and c-bills saved up.

#6 Yulri

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

I've only had a few runs with the new Vapor Eagle (Goshawk) and I am loving it. I was a little skeptical at first, however, it has a max armor of 370 which is high for clan mediums. The armor coupled with the MASC(hero only) and already high speed can make this a dangerous striker. On the hero variant, I did swap the ER PPC for 2 Heavy Medium Lasers so I could max out the armor and add more ammo. First game, with 2 Hvy ML, 2 Hvy MGs and 1 ATM9, I did 477 damage with 3 kills, 1 solo kill, and 1 KMDD with 7 components destroyed.

The mech is a little big, but I believe the higher armor cap more than makes up for it. Based on the 5 runs I did, I foresee this competing with the Huntsman and Stormcrow.

#7 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:42 AM

Thank you for making the rewards Mech challenges short especially after the long FP event.

For Dec can we have a month-long event with some easy low-hanging fruit plus some very difficult challenges that would provide greater and amazing Rewards?

Also 2X exp or 3X exp or even 4X exp would be nice... I have alot of unskilled Mechs

#8 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:57 AM

TY for the event!

#9 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

Any event is a good event. And again some more Cbills to upgrade the new mechs. Good that the FP event brought enough income for that.

#10 Anton Fetladral

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

The Chad Eagle has landed

#11 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

Doing 100 dmg in every mech and that needs to run 16days? Make 4days and bring another lootbag event or sommething else for Qp to bring mor epeople in the QP Queu ... for newbys hwo wants to play some relaxed matches with a veteran its nearly impossible to find a mact with a 2man group^^... that sucks. the matchmaking for 2man groups are for longer now broken.. damn.. so much for bringing new pwople here and show em the game

Edited by Mighty Spike, 14 November 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#12 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hmm... Well, I hope people enjoy the Challenges for their New Mechs. :)

I'm wondering, though... Where's a single Challenge for knocking down just one of these 10 (Or 11? I'm not sure!) Newly Released Variants? It would definitely keep more people in the queue for these quote-unquote "Hunters", by rewarding those who would shoot just a single one down. Bah... I can dream... :(

As for this...

View PostSkippynibbles, on 14 November 2018 - 05:42 AM, said:

Thank you for making the rewards Mech challenges short especially after the long FP event.

For Dec can we have a month-long event with some easy low-hanging fruit plus some very difficult challenges that would provide greater and amazing Rewards?

Also 2X exp or 3X exp or even 4X exp would be nice... I have alot of unskilled Mechs

I second your thoughts, but with a note. On those "very difficult challenges", I would ask that anything wanting "500 Match Score" be tuned down to 475... Anything wanting 2 Solo Kills in 2 Days be tuned down to just 1 Solo Kill... Those two issues caused a lot of Anti-TeamPlay in the "Faction Fights!" Events, as well as Other Previous Events. I want to see the pool of powerful players grow, so that anyone who's already up there gets a fresh run for their (C-Bills)/(MC)/etc. every few months. A divide through stagnation is not fun, and I'm already aware of it driving other people out of MWO... something I do not wish to see continue. :unsure:

As for Loot Bags, should we have more of those soon, I'm thinking 50 at each of the lower two levels (50 & 80/90), and 75 at each of the higher two levels (100/120 & 150)... While we don't need these to be overly grindy, I do understand the need to keep the Player Queues loaded. I've literally had somebody rant at me how it got hard to get matches because people were giving up on the grind, and we don't need to cause people to give up over that. It seems that 75 Bags @ 150 Match Score is about some people's limit before they burn out in a 14-Day Time Period. I also noticed that after a certain point, it got dangerously hard to have a match go well enough (Not through any fault of my own, by the way... Seriously!) that getting a 150-Level Loot Bag would even be possible. I still remember matches where only like a single person on my team would get one, and only because everyone decided to stay silent even after I tried to get people communicating. As you can imagine, not fun at all... -_-

~D. V. "Wondering why PGI didn't add a Game Achievement for Loyalty Variants already, like the Phoenix's..." Devnull

(p.s.: If anyone thinks I'm being overly chatty here, you have my apologies... I didn't think my brain had this much to unload, but I got interrupted about 4 times while typing this post!)

#13 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

They stopped doing hunt the new mech challenges a while ago. Most people don't want to pay money to be singled out for focus fire.

#14 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for a non-inclusive event. This might seem like snark. It isn't. Between the loot bag and FP events, we've had events running for at least 3 straight weeks. I need a break...

#15 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

I assume that TSPs get the usual bonus of 250k cbills per challenge. Just making sure.

#16 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostAkillius, on 13 November 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Ditto!

Also can PGI please add Bolt-On wing-paldrons to sell us Goshawk owners who care about how it should look.
And don't give 2 cents about hit boxes... but would give 2 cents to get something closer in look to Lore, for example:

Posted Image

This should be their next business model. I'd be happy to pay for alternate art on the mechs I already have. New geometry beyond bolt-ons. Like how the battletech shadowhawk has the alternate model. In a lot of ways, I want that more than actual new mechs.

#17 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 14 November 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

This should be their next business model. I'd be happy to pay for alternate art on the mechs I already have. New geometry beyond bolt-ons. Like how the battletech shadowhawk has the alternate model. In a lot of ways, I want that more than actual new mechs.

Much as I would enjoy the comic book version of the Wolfhound, this is something we are pretty unlikely to see - as it requires a lot of effort (by pgi standards) and would require them to revisit older mechs that 'might' get them some money rather than new mechs that will 'probably' get them some money.

#18 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:03 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 14 November 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

I assume that TSPs get the usual bonus of 250k

cbills per challenge. Just making sure.

The TSP Pack is on sale until

TSP packs stop being Sold Dec 1st 00:00 UTC

Event-driven additional C-Bill is in effect until the end of Mech Con! (Dec 3rd)

• However, there will be a Bonus Item in Dec Patch,
  • the TSP Boost Last until the new year
  • and another 25 redeems for Stocking Stuffers in Dec

"Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2018 Finals will also receive Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2018
For Each In-Game Event Challenge completed you will receive an additional 250,000 C-Bills!
For Each Loot Bag Event (Summer Solstice, Trick or Treat, and Stocking Stuffers) you will receive 25 Additional Loot Bags"

#19 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

Thanks as always for the events, Matt.

Can I observe that 16 days is a looooong event to complete very easy challenges. It should take an average player only four matches to reach each 1000 damage target. So most folks should complete all the challenges easily within just a few days.

It would be great if you could add another higher tier of challenges to the existing event. Or create a further event to run from this weekend.

(FWIW I particularly appreciate FP events... but anything is really appreciated.)

Edited by Appogee, 14 November 2018 - 04:25 PM.

#20 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:13 PM

We were supposed to get three cloud items after the patch, I only received one. Anyone else have this problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users