#41 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 15 November 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

I have my 11F set up almost identically, except 1/2 a ton more ammo instead of one jump jet, and the Ammo is kept well away from my Torsos - 1t in the head, rest in the legs. I dunno if it's better in the legs though, as they do tend to get shot at a lot.

If you are going to put ammo int the torsos though, probably put it in the right torso along with some jump jets, for crit padding.

Edited by Maddermax, 15 November 2018 - 10:47 PM.

#42 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

You don't crit-pad with explosive ammo...

#43 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:45 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 November 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

mind you im running 6 heavy machine guns. its kind of hard to run a good complement of those on the piranha. i mean it can be done, but you will have problems with ammo being 10 tons lighter.

on the clan side you loose a side torso and a huge chunk of speed and you are only one more salvo from the enemy's coup de grace. even if you somehow survive the engagement your usefulness throughout the match will be severely limited. a slow light is often a dead light. spheroids merely get spared the hassle of dieing slow.

Yeah I tried 6HMGs+2ERSL myself. When I ran into half competent players on the enemy team my arms were gone in seconds, because with HMGs its worth to disarm first. With the 3 MGs the arms are so big that they are impossible to miss from any angle. So shielding like with the dragon is not an option. Honestly I have no idea how you can make a build like that work reliably without MM luck.
True the JVN can take spread damage a little bit better then the PIR, but it falls as quickly as a PIR to pinpoint. Slower or not, due to no heat problems, a half PIR-1 is still very scary in the later phase of a game. Fun fact: A half PIR has allmost the same firepower like a full 11-F and its 10 tons lighter! A half IS-XL JVN is a dead JVN. I don`t get your point because being one shot away from death with notable firepower left is better then beeing dead.

Edited by Tiewolf, 16 November 2018 - 12:48 AM.

#44 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:56 AM

View PostMaddermax, on 15 November 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

I have my 11F set up almost identically, except 1/2 a ton more ammo instead of one jump jet, and the Ammo is kept well away from my Torsos - 1t in the head, rest in the legs. I dunno if it's better in the legs though, as they do tend to get shot at a lot.

If you are going to put ammo int the torsos though, probably put it in the right torso along with some jump jets, for crit padding.

The legs of a light are a very very bad spot to put ammo in. And crit padding with any other ammo then gauss is a very bad idea too. Due to the size of the arms i would advice you to put the ammo in the head and torso. 2 tons with both ammo nodes should be fine for QP.

Edited by Tiewolf, 16 November 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#45 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 16 November 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

The legs of a light are a very very bad spot to put ammo in. And crit padding with any other ammo then gauss is a very bad idea too. Due to the size of the arms i would advice you to put the ammo in the head and torso. 2 tons with both ammo nodes should be fine for QP.

You don't crit pad with ammo, you crit pad the ammo so it doesn't explode as often is what I'm saying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a crit affects a component, it goes to one random occupied crit-slot (ignoring armor/structure slots). As such, in an otherwise empty side torso with one ton ammo, any crit will go straight to the ammo, potentially explode it and kill you due to IS XL. If it were in the right torso with a jump jet and two lasers, each crit now has only a 1 in 4 chance of critting the ammo. Thus, if the ammo is put in the right torso, it is less likely to kill you. Please let me know if I'm wrong about how this works, as it's what I've garnered from reading a few threads about crits.

Edit: After checking again, Engine and gyro can be crit as well (to no effect), so CT is probably the best place to store the extra ton of ammo, with 1 ton in the head.

Edited by Maddermax, 16 November 2018 - 01:37 AM.

#46 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

My javlin has LAMBS , 1 Er Large Laser and 6 mach guns , Light Engine and no JJ , Works very nice and no heat .

I wanna try out 6 Heavy mach guns and 2 SPLASH .

I also made a rather sucky ER ppc and 4 Mach gun build for my other account . Kept the JJ,s and XL engine .

Edited by Pain G0D, 16 November 2018 - 01:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users