6 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

Over the past couple of weeks I've found myself getting one shotted in freshish mechs, twice in a
Blackjack, once in a javelin and even in a cataphract. And all of them to the front armour.

There's lucky shots and then there's 123+ points of pinpoint damage. Also had a limbs blown clean off with uncannily well placed shots.

Are aim bots a thing again as I've asked in the odd match and a couple of other people have said the same thing.

Edited by mad kat, 19 November 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Dual heavy gauss does pinpoint damage, and can insta-kill most mechs from the back and lights from the front even when fresh.

#3 Phyrce

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

View Postmad kat, on 19 November 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Over the past couple of weeks I've found myself getting one shotted in freshish mechs, twice in a
Blackjack, once in a javelin and even in a cataphract. And all of them to the front armour.

There's lucky shots and then there's 123+ points of pinpoint damage. Also had a limbs blown clean off with uncannily well placed shots.

Are aim bots a thing again as I've asked in the odd match and a couple of other people have said the same thing.

Highly unlikely your being killed with aimbots. The cataphract comes with only 60 points side torso armor total split with front and back it also has an XL engine stock, so you want to watch out for that. There are too many mechs to name that can pull off that kind of pin point in 1 alpha. If you're slightly to the side hit detection has ALWAYS been terrible in this game so they may be hitting rear armor, remember there are also splash damage weapons like PPCs.

If you were getting head shot constantly maybe aim bots but i doubt anyone would even put in the effort to hack this game at this point.

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

The Blackjack and Javelin are famously flimsy, so its no surprised something can one shot them if you're not paying attention. The Cataphract is harder to explain, but its hard to know without seeing your load out and know the specific conditions.

#5 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

Pgi has complete control over the game
It would be hard to get away with anything for long

I keep saying you play long enough you will see all kinds of crazy things

#6 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

This thread is going to go far

#7 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

Damage versus structure & armor question answered in above replies.

[mod]Due to topic on cheating, this thread has been closed.

Please report suspected misconduct for moderator investigation.
Information on reporting misconduct may be found at
https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users