46 replies to this topic

#41 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:36 PM

No mention of the Vulture Prime as an LRM boat? I am disappoint.

#42 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 15 November 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

It should depend entirely on it's role. If you're building a medium to take over the role of a Marauder for triple RAC2, its kind of silly to require it to go 81KPH, since the Marauder it's replacing wouldn't do that anyway. Mediums don't need to out maneuver anything, they just need to fill whatever role they have. And since this one is ranged fire support, being fast enough to outrun a heavy shouldn't really matter.

Buahie with 3x RAC2, runs about that with the XL in it and around 2500 rounds. Plenty and runs close to 80. Lots of easy repositioning that way. I find it handy.

Or - if you're crazy - run a Black Widow with 3xRAC2 and two ERML. Sounds dumb on paper but Ive had more 1200dmg+ waves/games than I should've. Again one of those things I come up with while totally intoxicated but oddly, works quite well (if you can play).

#43 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 November 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

No mention of the Vulture Prime as an LRM boat? I am disappoint.
maddog makes a MUCH better, FASTER, brawler with 6srm6+A and 6sl. Smack, pew, kill. Takes some skill to use tho. Its fantastic for faction play.

Not as great as a rush build linebacker, but still pretty great.

#44 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:24 AM

View PostAbaddun, on 15 November 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Clans don't really have anything the the MRM 60 Cat C4. ATM boats are generally restricted to 75 tons or more because of how "feast or famine" small ATM launchers can be and nothing the clanners have compares to the blend of agility, durability and damage that mech brings.

I don`t know how you play ATMs but with medium mechs+Jump jets (e.g. HBK,HMN or ACW) 2xATM12/9 can be very devasting.
Agile, durable and damage? The Cat C4 with its firepower in the arms? I think you meant the IV-4.

#45 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 14 November 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

I'm digging this discussion. I'll add some IS ones

Bushwacker
Marauder

Great mechs with no real clan counterpart in their tonnage. A good example how IS mechs better durability should feel like for every mech. Ironically when you brawl with them you have to expose the huge legs. With exposed legs higher firepower wins agains them. But as a medium to close distance ridge peaker they are awesome mechs.

#46 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:51 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 15 November 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

My big problem with the triple RAC2 Marauder is that the Bushwacker can do the exact same thing, for 20 tons less. Why waste a heavy slot on something that can be done with a medium?

Personally for rotary autocannons I prefer 2xRAC5s on my Bushie and 3xRAC2s on either the Marauder or Champion. The RAC5s have a higher damage output but is quicker to jam, so I find using the better mobility of a Bushwacker with a 280LFE engine I can reposition myself quickly depending on whether I'm in damage output mode or RAC cooldown mode. With the heavy mechs the increased staying power of the RAC2s combined with their ability to bring secondary energy weaponry if and when the RACs jam allows me to stay on the front lines longer.

Though to be honest, I like the Marauder big ballistic builds (Heavy Gauss, AC20+MLs, AC20+2SNPPCs, 2xLB10X) more than its triple RAC2 build.

#47 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:15 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 15 November 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

maddog makes a MUCH better, FASTER, brawler with 6srm6+A and 6sl. Smack, pew, kill. Takes some skill to use tho. Its fantastic for faction play.

Not as great as a rush build linebacker, but still pretty great.

Note that I said Vulture Prime, implying that we'd be using the 8/8 stock pod quirks. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users