Anyone Had This Problem Before?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

Game disconnected mid-match. When I went to reconnect the game crashed. When I went to re-launch it I got this error. I tried rebooting and got the same error. Says likely my internet connection, but I have a pretty solid connection to the servers.

Any ideas?

Posted Image

#2 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:24 AM

Saw that same message yesterday. I wasn't even trying to play, was just patching brother's computer for him so that next time he plays he doesn't have to wait for the game to update. He uses the MWO Portal, and after the patch was installed, I exited and got the error. Internet was just fine, I suspect the problem was on PGI's end.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM

Every patch there are some client related issues that pop up, requiring PGI to hot-fix it. It is now the norm, not the exception.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:49 AM

There was some internet pipeline that broke the last two days, should be fixed now. Not related to PGI.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:34 AM

check your router and firewall settings. some required port isnt letting data getting through.

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

Every patch there are some client related issues that pop up, requiring PGI to hot-fix it. It is now the norm, not the exception.

thats really nothing to complain about, every game has those. of course when you are pgi you kind of get undeserved salt because your reputation has tanked.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 November 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#6 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 November 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

thats really nothing to complain about, every game has those. of course when you are pgi you kind of get undeserved salt because your reputation has tanked.

On one hand this is true
On another, it's not quite undeserved.
I prefer to count patches that did not need a hotfix (or before hot fixing just plain old waiting), that number would gravitate around 2.

Now not all is game breaking bad, but here n there are some real highlights.
Stuff that has seemingly nothing to do with what actually went into the patch, or was even worked on for (in retrospect) months.

Like that time fps plummeted when someone used missiles in the game, which was wholly unrelated to the content actually put in.

Quite frankly it's not that a patch or 2 per year introduced a bug here n there, it's the strangeness of some of the bugs and the frequency of actually needing a fix, that makes me cynical when it comes to patches and MWO.

But what really really gets me:
The time it takes to get anything done.

The "quick and fast" QoL changes to FP, a mode needing help for a long time now, being seemingly held up until MechCon so PGI has more stuff to announce.
The mode needs help now, needed help months ago when Paul asked, needed help a year ago, not at the end of the year.
And we dont even know what changes, if they come or if we only get a list for what is being worked on.

And so times goes by with seemingly nothing done, except changing a few values here or there, called balancing, a new mech a month and some new stickers.
And even with so little to show for, they mess up stuff no one has worked on.
So I dont know, having seen what the 4 man team from Rebel Galaxy Outlaw has created puts things into perspective for me.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 15 November 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

On one hand this is true
On another, it's not quite undeserved.
I prefer to count patches that did not need a hotfix (or before hot fixing just plain old waiting), that number would gravitate around 2.

Now not all is game breaking bad, but here n there are some real highlights.
Stuff that has seemingly nothing to do with what actually went into the patch, or was even worked on for (in retrospect) months.

Like that time fps plummeted when someone used missiles in the game, which was wholly unrelated to the content actually put in.

Quite frankly it's not that a patch or 2 per year introduced a bug here n there, it's the strangeness of some of the bugs and the frequency of actually needing a fix, that makes me cynical when it comes to patches and MWO.

But what really really gets me:
The time it takes to get anything done.

The "quick and fast" QoL changes to FP, a mode needing help for a long time now, being seemingly held up until MechCon so PGI has more stuff to announce.
The mode needs help now, needed help months ago when Paul asked, needed help a year ago, not at the end of the year.
And we dont even know what changes, if they come or if we only get a list for what is being worked on.

And so times goes by with seemingly nothing done, except changing a few values here or there, called balancing, a new mech a month and some new stickers.
And even with so little to show for, they mess up stuff no one has worked on.
So I dont know, having seen what the 4 man team from Rebel Galaxy Outlaw has created puts things into perspective for me.

thats the biggest factor to pgi's tanking reputation. the old meme that they dont have any coders. im convinced they haven't changed one line of engine code since closed beta (anyone who has an old unpatched install should diff the binaries with an updated install to see if anything has changed code level). much of the changes have been xml (balance), graphics (mech packs, maps, etc), ui or server side. the ui can be done through the lua sctiping interface. much of the server side stuff is off the shelf database software and some scripts for things like matchmaking. i honestly doubt they have anyone on staff who knows how to recompile cryengine (assuming they have the code for cryengine which i highly doubt).

you cannot do work if you dont have anyone who can do it, hince why it takes months to get small stuff done. ive seen mod projects roll out a fleshed out experience for free in less time than it took to fix the kodiak 3.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 November 2018 - 04:31 PM.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

Works now. No idea...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users