bug bug report bugs

1 reply to this topic

#1 Gerakis

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:37 PM

Getting hit by the machine gun on this map gives no noise whatsoever. The only indication you are even under fire is the red directional marker. I got killed by a piranha I didnt even know was there. It was a clan machine gun to be specific, if that matters. I did get the machinegun noise as soon as I died though, like when my mech fell over dead and the camera zoomed out to 3rd person I could hear it for a split second.

I get that there is no sound in a vacuum, but I should still be able to tell when im getting hit. The metal of the mech should transmit the sound to the cockpit. Every other projectile makes a noise when it strikes you, even lasers.

Edited by Gerakis, 15 November 2018 - 07:38 PM.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostGerakis, on 15 November 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Getting hit by the machine gun on this map gives no noise whatsoever. The only indication you are even under fire is the red directional marker. I got killed by a piranha I didnt even know was there. It was a clan machine gun to be specific, if that matters. I did get the machinegun noise as soon as I died though, like when my mech fell over dead and the camera zoomed out to 3rd person I could hear it for a split second.

I get that there is no sound in a vacuum, but I should still be able to tell when im getting hit. The metal of the mech should transmit the sound to the cockpit. Every other projectile makes a noise when it strikes you, even lasers.

This may have been a map issue (counting you as in 3rd person view for MG sounds even though you weren't) as well as could have been a "ghost damage" issue I come across.

On all maps, I get an issue where I also get the red damage indicator, but no sound nor weapon fire effects. just take damage "randomly". Sometimes I know I should be getting shot, but it's not showing anything more than red damage indicators (no sound or weapons fire render). Othertimes, I'm just taking damage for "no apparent reason" and I can't see where it's coming from.

I believe when I get hit with "ghost damage", it's probably has to deal with lag, unstable ping and Host State Rewind all playing havoc to create this strange "feature"/bug.

(Then again, I've seen mechs flicker in and out of existence depending upon if they are between different rendering draw ranges... Been known to charge after a "solo" enemy, only to discover too late that he actually wasn't alone as his friends "pop out of thin air". This may be an issue with my graphics themselves, or an issue with render drawing at specific ranges, and I'm getting trapped between long range low rez renders, and closer ranged higher rez renders...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users