Rifleman Rfl-8D, Ultimate Xl Friendly Hitboxes?

1 reply to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

After studying the hit boxes, the Rifleman seems to be very, VERY, VERY XL friendly, because you shield with your CT, by twisting. Posted Image

Has to be the worst hit boxes in the game, for twisting to shield that is.

Unless you are protecting your XL side torso... then you only need to twist about 45 degrees to shield a bad side torso, you can even keep the enemy in view while you do it.

Posted Image

Sadly, it's almost, almost better to face tank than twist because, the only other place twisting places hits is your arms, (which do make good shields). You know, the place where all your weapons are?

I'm about to drop an XL in mine because, well, I keep dying from CT cores.

The "Hat" doesn't help.

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell put critical infrastructure in what appears to be a radar/antenna.

Can we just make it so you lose your mini map if the hat gets shot off? Posted Image

Posted Image

Seriously, love the view port though.

Gotta maintain that balance, huh? Give people a reason to chose the Thanatos for all their dual RAC-5 needs?

Thanatos is not, NOT, NOT XL friendly.

Back to the Rifleman,

OMG I'm about to either facetank an XL, or put in a standard , use a gimp left arm, put two ER-PPC (Or two LPL), and a RAC-5 on the right.

Ded side that be itch.

That's a "Thing", right?

Maybe reverse it, put the weapons on the left, so I can be the one screaming to reverese the NASCAR every match.

Cause at this point, if it didn't have jump jets (and a kick ash view port), I would have sold my rifleman already.

I know, it's not even leveled up yet, but day um.

Lets not forget the seen, unseen, seen factor coolness, but that's not the main reason I bought it, it was the high arms, and jump jets.

And kick ash view port.

It was only later I found out you can shoot a UAV down from almost directly under it. Posted Image

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Cause at this point, the only thing I have left is to put dual 20's on it, and hang with the anniadircrablanders.

#2 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

After much work, seems I have two builds that work pretty good. Being leveled up helped a bit, and I'm not selling my 8d, (like I did my arctic cheeter, grieffin, stealth atlas, and dire whale.)

Posted Image

It does seem to attract a bit more attention that I'd like.

So, lots of jump jets, 4mpl, rac-2 with a couple tons of ammo and a command mod. Plus the skills gives me almost instant targeting data. Lets me communicate weak spots to my team.

Posted Image

Alternate is a LL in place of one mpl and the Command Mod. Link LL to RAC2, so the laser fires like a laser sight, and the RAC 2 starts just as the laser ends. Runs a little hotter than the other one, but the extra range can come in handy.

Seems to do pretty good in both configs.

Posted Image

78 speed is fast enough, barely, to keep up with the rotatoe.

I was running with a BAP too, but the extra heat sink makes a difference, I guess.

With the BAP it got (basically) instant targeting data. If you have a good team, it comes in handy. Without the BAP it still is pretty fast with the CM and full skills. Almost instant targeting data can be very helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users