Is Heat Scaling Different In Matches Than In Testing Grounds?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

I test my loadouts in Steiner Stadium and they work, but when I drop in an actual match my heat is through the roof. For example, in I test a loadout of four rotary 2's I can run all of them until they jam, but can only run a few seconds in an actual match before my heat is unmanageable. Yes I know there's a lot of heat penalty with four rotaries, it's just an example...I have the same problem with all weapons. They work one way when testing, another when in a match.

Has anyone else seen this?

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

No, should be the same

#3 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

Congratulations, you found the heat bug! Enjoy the random extra challenge of the game cutting your heat dissipation down to a quarter of what it should be.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 19 November 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 19 November 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Congratulations, you found the heat bug! Enjoy the random extra challenge of the game cutting your heat dissipation down to a quarter of what it should be.

So it’s not something I’m just imagining?

#5 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

This is not what PGI calls a bug. It is in fact what Paul Inouye and team calls "balancing the game"! His idea of balancing is to "nerf it until they refuse to use it"! He has no clue how to balance a Mechwarrior game, 18 months of nerfing pretty much proves this.

The testing grounds is pretty much useless to determine heat management of your loadout. It's only useful now to learn the firing sequence for your weapons to TRY to learn some of their heat signatures when firing them together. I've had the same issues. Testing grounds the mech performs great! Drop in an actual match and it overheats instantly. Bunch of crap, but it's not something that they will correct anytime soon because it aids in the "nerf" philosophy.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

Testing grounds is on your local machine.

Lobby/in actual match is on the servers

You cannot rely on testing grounds in some instances for accuracy. Always test in a private lobby. It's well known testing grounds can show (or hide bugs) compared to live servers.

#7 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostCaptain Grayson Lighthorse, on 19 November 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

The testing grounds is pretty much useless to determine heat management of your loadout. It's only useful now to learn the firing sequence for your weapons to TRY to learn some of their heat signatures when firing them together. I've had the same issues. Testing grounds the mech performs great! Drop in an actual match and it overheats instantly. Bunch of crap, but it's not something that they will correct anytime soon because it aids in the "nerf" philosophy.

In what mech and map is the heat difference between testing grounds and multiplayer play that significant? I haven't found a difference like that. I have found that bug where your heat dissipation dies for the duration of a match and is fine in other matches and testing grounds.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:27 PM

My dissipation was working normally...it was just heat built 2~3x faster than experienced in test. No biggie, lesson learned, and all that. I'll test in private lobby.

#9 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:45 AM

People often test while standing still, and don't realize you lose 2 heatsinks for moving your mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users