[Battletech] How To Quickly Improve Your Steam Rating

3 replies to this topic

#1 kailii

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

As of 2 days ago, the Battletech game had a "mixed" rating on Steam according to recent reviews. And it has been "mixed" for months now.

But today and yesterday, a whopping 249 new positive reviews emerged, pumping up Steams score to "very positive".

(Scroll down on
https://store.steamp...090/BATTLETECH/
to just before the user reviews and click on "show graph")

Must be coincidence that they are about to launch a DLC in 5 days.

Nice marketing folks. That's how good games are made!

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:04 PM

I just watch people stream it then I don't have to buy the game

#3 KBob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCountry of DEVs

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

Waking up from a long hibersleep ... what DLC will be about and where we are now ?

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Flashpoint gives linked story missions, from what I understand.

Don't pay any mind to conspiracy theories about spikes in steam ratings. It's very common for people to buy or revisit a game when new content is announced - people trying to make something out of that are just cutting themselves on Occam's Razor. I've seen a deliberate campaign of misinformation fail to affect Steam ratings (remember the liar posts when MWO went to Steam?) and the idea that 250 accounts are posting fraudulent reviews without Steam noticing - this is like those people saying that Obama was going to stage a coup if Clinton lost, using secret tunnels under Walmart and UN Troops from Operation Jade helm...

PS: Now that I look at the game's Steam rating stats, I can see that it's -still- at very positive (86%), with 768 reviews, and mostly positive (72%) overall. Yep, something shady going on here, yes SIR! Seriously, I've played the game; I backed the game; it's a good game; and I'm going to buy the season pass to get all the expansions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users