- - - - -

Switch Heat Sink And Armor Type?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpion00021

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

Returning player here, struggling to find how to switch from single to double heat sinks and vice versa. Everything I am reading says there should be an 'upgrade' tab but since I'm not seeing it, I assume it was removed with some UI change?

Nvm, I've been looking for about 30 minutes, its a box below 'right arm' in the expanded layout. If it was a snake it would have bitten me.

#2 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostScorpion00021, on 25 November 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Returning player here, struggling to find how to switch from single to double heat sinks and vice versa. Everything I am reading says there should be an 'upgrade' tab but since I'm not seeing it, I assume it was removed with some UI change?

Nvm, I've been looking for about 30 minutes, its a box below 'right arm' in the expanded layout. If it was a snake it would have bitten me.

Here´s a example screenshot, in the red marked block you find heatsinks ,armor and structure+ artemis. Btw. on heavyer mechs then lights structure brings more weigth save then armor. A good thing is the light armor combinated with structure if you need a extra ton if you have enough slots. So hope it helps you greets Spike

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 25 November 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostScorpion00021, on 25 November 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Even in the not expanded layout, it's the last dropdown called upgrades.
I generally prefer the expanded layout as I imagine many do.
Posted Image
But so you know, it's right there on the column layout.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

In the original (yellow/orange) UI, I believe it was a separate tab.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

It was the last option on the right under the mechlab tab.
Posted Image
The "Mech+" icon.

But considering the guy is pretty new, I would think it'd be quite beyond irrelevant. o.O;
(Also considering its basically the same setup, got weapons, ammo, equipment, armor allocation (this is the only change; it was removed and made accessible at any point in time while in the mechlab's customization window) and upgrades, I wouldn't even think it would have ventured even a thought.)
Spoiler

Edit: Trimmed the quote down to just the tale of the match.

Edited by Koniving, 01 December 2018 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users