Pest Control

18 replies to this topic

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

It would be nice if the Match Maker didn't team you up with players you have blocked, but it does.

So what is the workaround to get toxic animals out of your sight, or at the very least keep them out of your own teams ?

Edited by Humble Dexter, 29 November 2018 - 05:52 PM.

#2 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

Let me guess...

Posted Image

Maybe - start from yourself?

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

The toxic animal I'm talking about, is obviously in that match...

Sure enough, he didn't shoot me for once (in over a year)...

But the very first thing he did do (after calling my name out in the waiting room), was to try to push my mech right back into the enemy fire that I had just received.

And the second thing he did, was to complain when I started doing it right back to him, as in "oh my god I have no idea why that player is suddenly being so mean to me...".

It's not like I'm going to suddenly forgive him, and even less trust him not to continue bullying someone else instead, just because he stopped shooting at me (for one match...) : What's wrong with me asking PGI for an option to get a something like that out of my matches, or at least out of my teams ?

#4 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

You can fix it easy - uninstall the game. Other way - stop call players "[color=#959595]toxic animal[/color]" and try to speak about the problem...

#5 Mercil3ss

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

I don't know how the answer to your conflict, especially when he moved past it and was not shooting you, was to intentionally block him so he'd be killed by the enemy. This while doing zero damage to the enemy yourself just to hurt him by hurting the team he was on. I am pretty sure both are ban-able offenses, and if not they should be. And to be honest my man I am sure half this community (the half that knows you) would vote you off the island if we could, since you are constantly in conflict with everyone else. You calling anyone toxic is pretty hilarious.

Edited by Mercil3ss, 30 November 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

And to make it clear : The last time he team killed me was on the Polar Highlands map, YESTERDAY.

That game had barely started, the closest enemy was still over ~1000m away, he was already blocking the back of my mech and shooting straight at me, with the enemy team not every remotely in the direction he was facing to help them shoot me...

So that game started with 1-0 team kill, and me spending the rest of the match shooting him back, as he was using his audio to claim he was the innocent victim (again...).

That's the slithering animal he is, and that's what you're mistakenly trying to defend.

#7 TheXMan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:07 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 30 November 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

But the very first thing he did do (after calling my name out in the waiting room), was to try to push my mech right back into the enemy fire that I had just received.

And the second thing he did, was to complain when I started doing it right back to him, as in "oh my god I have no idea why that player is suddenly being so mean to me...".

It's not like I'm going to suddenly forgive him, and even less trust him not to continue bullying someone else instead, just because he stopped shooting at me (for one match...) : What's wrong with me asking PGI for an option to get a something like that out of my matches, or at least out of my teams ?

In a more constructive way, You could start by behaving like you are trying to help the team (and not the opposing team). And I am not talking about this particular game but all the game i saw you playing lately...

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

View PostMercil3ss, on 30 November 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

constantly in conflict with everyone else, so you calling anyone toxic is pretty hilarious.

I get team damaged and sometimes even team killed all the time...

But there's only one guy who keeps doing it, right from the dropzone, without a single enemy in sight...

You just hear him using his audio to play the innocent victim and complain when I do it right back at him, what you don't see is that was the first game he didn't shoot my mechs on purpose this whole month.

#9 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 30 November 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Seems we come closer to the point - "Think about yourself first"...

#10 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostTheXMan, on 30 November 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

In a more constructive way, You could start by behaving like you are trying to help the team (and not the opposing team). And I am not talking about this particular game but all the game i saw you playing lately...

Anyone who isn't trying to badmouth me, knows I average ~2000 damage and 4+ kills per win on Faction Play.

Let's check my Loyalist stats straight from MWO : I'm ranked as the #9 top Loyalist player, with an average of 4.40 KMD per match.

Now let's check your stats : Ranked as #187 Merc, with an average of 3.01 KMD per match.

I'm not saying you're trying to mislead players on purpose, even less that you aren't rightfully annoyed to be caught in my single problem that nobody else wants to deal with, but I have no problem claiming you are seriously misinformed.

This month I landed on that player THREE times, not once in the previous months, and that's the exact maximum amount of FP games where you saw me under-perform in the past months, if you happen to be in all three of them (you weren't, right ? ) : So "all the games I saw you playing lately", really ?

I understand why the animal would calling all his friends in this topic to further victimize himself : Don't be the one caught spreading fake rumors about me, specially if you have nothing to do with him.

#11 Mercil3ss

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 30 November 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

And I am guessing this has nothing to do with you... that you are totally innocent and there is a conspiracy to damage your mechs make you unhappy while playing? Come on man... you are constantly doing your own thing at the expense of everyone else and when people call you on it you tell them to F off and then shoot them. Toxic.

#12 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

Was in that drop, don't know you so i really don't care other than the fact you did ZERO in that drop to help your team which I was on which meant we played that drop a man down because you wanted to act like a 2 year old grab your balls and sit in the DZ.

#13 TheXMan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 30 November 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Anyone who isn't trying to badmouth me, knows I average ~2000 damage and 4+ kills per win on Faction Play.

Let's check my Loyalist stats straight from MWO : I'm ranked as the #9 top Loyalist player, with an average of 4.40 KMD per match.

Now let's check your stats : Ranked as #187 Merc, with an average of 3.01 KMD per match.

Thank you for proving my point.
Your stats shows you meatshield your team mates and youre geting a high score using LRMs... (clap clap Bravo......Posted Image )

I am following the drop caller and share my armor, killing my mech early if need be to get a better chance of winning. You should check the W/L ratio maybe...

Edited by TheXMan, 30 November 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#14 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 28 November 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

It would be nice if the Match Maker didn't team you up with players you have blocked, but it does.

So what is the workaround to get toxic animals out of your sight, or at the very least keep them out of your own teams ?

If it actually worked that way, you'd practically be banned from CW period.

#15 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

btw there is no matchmaker in faction play. you don't like what you are dealing with, go to Quick Play.

View PostHumble Dexter, on 30 November 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

I told you to do what one of our friends was asking on voip otherwise I would've open fired on you and you didn't listen. You intentionally assisted the enemy and therefore I wasn't going to tolerate that kind of idiocy and teamkill you because of it. I warned you on TeamChat and you didn't want to play. You don't like who you got paired up on in Faction Play, don't play. One less non-participant on the field to care about.

Arm32's Screen shot spoke louder than your words since the game ended so early and the fact that you were scoring 0 dmg is a big embarrassment to see.

#16 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:29 AM

Don't drop random, get 11 friends. So you always know how's on your team.

View PostWing 0, on 30 November 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

I told you to do what one of our friends was asking on voip otherwise I would've open fired on you and you didn't listen. You intentionally assisted the enemy and therefore I wasn't going to tolerate that kind of idiocy and teamkill you because of it.

That deserves a bann tbh.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 01 December 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#17 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:06 AM

lol kids these days… time to get constructive again:

OP, the answer to your problem is this: Group up with 11 of your friends. Tadadadaaaaa… problem solved. Easy. Next problem, please.

No need to thank me, please send your donation to the Dear Coordinator Fund for Disenfranchised Clan Children.

#18 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostWing 0, on 30 November 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

I told you to do what one of our friends was asking on voip otherwise I would've open fired on you and you didn't listen.

Well it turns out I couldn't hear your "friend" squealing about me getting back at him, because he's precisely the single toxic animal I'm talking about here. So you team killed me before I even got to shoot any enemy, for muting the guy who keeps abusing his audio to call me names...

Which is precisely how it works : First he sneaks behind me and blocks me or shoots me, then he starts yelling on audio that he's the victim when I do it right back to him.

Short story : He manipulated you. Quite the friend you've got there.

#19 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:50 AM

So that happened to your first mech, what did you do to show the rest of the folks dropping it was not you doing anything wrong or did you just say screw them and then sat the rest of the drop out? Zero point of damage make me think you just choose the path of hurting the other 10 guys you were not having issues with and left them playing down for the drop. You can't make others do or stop doing anything, all you can do is show what kind of player you are by your own actions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users