85 replies to this topic

#1 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

Then losing to a nascar is the most moronic thing I've heard players sprout ingame.

You would think a person can get a positive wlr with a few thousand games played.

So they are constantly negative and saying don't nascar. Maybe nascar for a change ye?

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 23 July 2018 - 07:52 AM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

When people say don't nascar, I smile. I can't help it. Isn't it reassuring to know your backside will be protected?

#3 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostNightbird, on 23 July 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

When people say don't nascar, I smile. I can't help it. Isn't it reassuring to know your backside will be protected?

Lol... ok well that made me feel a little better if you put it in that perspective.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

That guy shoulda have said nascar... to the left.

#5 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 July 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

That guy shoulda have said nascar... to the left.

Turning right isn't nascar though

#6 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 23 July 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

You would think a person can get a positive wlr with a few thousand games played.

You would think gamers would understand that it is physically impossible to have a negative win/loss.

#7 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

View PostVxheous, on 23 July 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Turning right isn't nascar though

So everyone should racsan then?

#8 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

View PostAthom83, on 23 July 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

You would think gamers would understand that it is physically impossible to have a negative win/loss.

Positive
noun

• a desirable or constructive quality or attribute.

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#9 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

I think the issue is situational awareness. in general, the averagely faster team wins in a Nascar. If the slower team realizes that they are the slower team and sets up to meet the Nascar in a firing line or murder ball then they will win. The issue is of course getting 12 individual pilots to properly assess the situation correctly and act in the teams benefit and realize that acting in the teams benefit in also acting in their own benefit.

However, from my experience that is an uncommon occurrence, thus the natural proclivity to avoid damage while doing damage will general cause pilots of faster mechs to seek positional advantage. That coupled with the circular nature of several of the maps, starting position and terrain features encourages nascar like play especially in QP.

#10 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:51 AM

in qp you always expect nascar and the first team to get 3 kills almost always wins. meep meep mfs.

#11 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Positive
noun

• a desirable or constructive quality or attribute.

Negative; Noun, Below the number 0.

Please tell me how you get below 0. Even 0 wins and 50000000 losses would give you a 0 win/loss, still not negative.

Edited by Athom83, 23 July 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#12 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

View PostAthom83, on 23 July 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

Negative; Noun, Below the number 0.

Please tell me how you get below 0. Even 0 wins and 50000000 losses would give you a 0 win/loss, still not negative.

More commonly, 'undesireable', in MWO, <1

#13 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:52 AM

Ratios don't care about your desires.

#14 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

Just go with the flow my mayne. Qp, everyone plays with a universal language. The baby seal language. Be a king seal homie, and hide yo self among the babies.

#15 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

Whenever someone says don't Nascar, I check their 'Mech and often it's something big and slow, with tons of guns. Usually an Annihilator or Fafnir with dual Heay-Gauss. I feel sorry for them, as the team usually acts along the line of thinking that the OP does - that cycling around the map is the best strategy instead of taking a look at your team mates and their load out. I tend to ascribe a higher intelligence to players that actually talk in comms, so to any of you non-nascaring players out there shaking your head at the OP's pillockry, don't worry: there are some more tactically minded players out there who appreciate your ability to absolutely mince the enemy team, if only you could have a little support.

#16 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostAthom83, on 23 July 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

You would think gamers would understand that it is physically mathematically impossible to have a negative win/loss.

FTFY. Posted Image

View PostJames Argent, on 23 July 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Ratios don't care about your desires.

Ah, but they sure do when it comes to Wall Street. Posted Image

#17 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

The most infuriating are the guys who complain about NASCAR when the team hardly rotated at all once the engagement began.

#18 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:14 AM

People who say don't Nascar are usually too slow to keep up, so really what they're saying is "don't ditch me" because the other team rolls right onto your rear and starts picking apart anyone slow enough.

Yesterday was in a game, team was moving up there was heavy mechs on our flank on Tourmaline, I took a few potshots at them before moving forward but everyone kept rolling. Next thing I know I'm miles away from the team who are all in a ball, I go down along with another guy. Only thought was where the hell are people running to? It's skirmish and team is desperate to get across the map for some reason even though there are isolated enemy mechs on the sides. Anyway team lost. GG

Edited by KoalaBrownie, 23 July 2018 - 11:15 AM.

#19 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 23 July 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

People who say don't Nascar are usually too slow to keep up, so really what they're saying is &quot;don't ditch me&quot; because the other team rolls right onto your rear and starts picking apart anyone slow enough.

Yesterday was in a game, team was moving up there was heavy mechs on our flank on Tourmaline, I took a few potshots at them before moving forward but everyone kept rolling. Next thing I know I'm miles away from the team who are all in a ball, I go down along with another guy. Only thought was where the hell are people running to? It's skirmish and team is desperate to get across the map for some reason even though there are isolated enemy mechs on the sides. Anyway team lost. GG

It's all about cycling maan! You gotta be fast or you're dead! Of course nobody knows where they are going to when even tier 1 is filled with players with the OP's tactical mindset. That is to say, lack thereof.

#20 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 July 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's all about cycling maan! You gotta be fast or you're dead! Of course nobody knows where they are going to when even tier 1 is filled with players with the OP's tactical mindset. That is to say, lack thereof.

A lot of times also I like to flank around behind the enemy so take a wider route to get around but team and enemy just swirling around like water down a toilet, so I end up doubling back to catch the enemy on the rotation. Gets to be pretty silly to be honest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users