Will The Mechwarrior 5 Demo Be Available After Some Period Of Time?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:31 PM

While a demo will usually mean it's not going to be the final release, can we have a demo to test the gameplay and if our PCs will be able to run the game?
I don't mean for the demo to be released soon after mechcon, but can we expect a demo to be released to the public later next year?

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

Demos don't really exist anymore. Just try it on Steam, and if it doesn't run well, refund it.

#3 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:25 PM

https://twitter.com/...7082897409?s=19

Maybe

Edited by Peter2k, 02 December 2018 - 08:25 PM.

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

View PostNightbird, on 02 December 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Demos don't really exist anymore. Just try it on Steam, and if it doesn't run well, refund it.

Normalizing this behavior is not great.

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostBombast, on 02 December 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Normalizing this behavior is not great.

Why not? It's more efficient for both the consumer and the producer.

#6 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:44 PM

View PostNightbird, on 02 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Why not? It's more efficient for both the consumer and the producer.

The producer maybe. Consumer? No. Requiring cash up for a demo is bad. And developers know that quite a few people will never pursue a refund, just accepting the lose and not bothering. This is almost certainly the reason why Russ made that horse crap twitter statement telling people to buy the Warhammer IIC bundle before MechCon because of "something special," knowing damn well absolutely nothing at MechCon was gong to be announced that would make the mech pack more attractive - While loads of people are going to get a refund, some wont, and that's money in the pocket.

Demos are good for the consumer. Getting baited into buying a game in the hopes that the buyer will either not bother getting a refund (Getting a refund on GoG is kind of annoying, by the way. They'll do it, but it takes 15 minuets of googling to figure out you have to do it through general technical support tickets) or will accidentally overstep Steam's time bounds, at which point many people don't realize you can still get a refund, is not good for the consumer.

Edited by Bombast, 02 December 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

No, it's good for the consumer as well. You can play the whole game from beginning to end and refund if you hated the ending. It's that simple. If you don't bother with refunds, then you're satisfied cuz today getting a refund is a few clicks.

It's insanely pro consumer

#8 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:58 PM

Doubt they'll do a demo. Few games do anymore. But as long as you play it under 2 hours and request a refund within 2 weeks, I think, steam will refund your money.

#9 Death Toll

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

i do not rely on steam to do any refund regardless of thier policy. I have had 2 different games on steam where i tried the game, did not like it, and then whent to go do something else figuring that i could do the refund after work or whatever task i was doing only to find the game was still somehow running according to steam. the only way i could tell it was still running was because my steam library showed it as "Playing" and even after that the only way i could shut down the game was to end the process. so even though i only played the game for 15 minutes, steam thought i played the game for 32 hours and refused the refunds.

#10 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:49 PM

I thought this game wasn't on steam anyway? Is the Epic secret handshake deal over already?

#11 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 05 July 2020 - 07:49 PM, said:

I thought this game wasn't on steam anyway? Is the Epic secret handshake deal over already?

Go get xbox game pass for a month, you will play all you want in that time...it doesn't have any legs and gets stale fast.

#12 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:33 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users