2 replies to this topic

#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Back in the stone ages when mwo was more of a simulator than a twitchy shooter our cockpits had a number of monitors which displayed stats. Well two that displayed important info then there was one that showed kills (pretty worthless). But among them was the holy grail:

It was the heatsink monitor which gave us how many heatsink we had as an icon display as well as a numeric display with locations and current count/total equipped in that area.

The usefulness dropped in 2013 when pgi switched off the code that made our overall max heat and cooling diminish when a heatsink was destroyed.

In this recent patch PGI has re-enabled this code or wrote it anew. Either way heatsink matter again especially when destroyed for the first time since January 2013.

Its time to get that monitor back. That information is important to us. Its the difference between being functional and shutting down when we lose a side torso or an arm or any number of heatsinks. We need to know.

Edited by Koniving, 17 December 2018 - 03:00 PM.

#2 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

I'm thinking there's an audible warning, but (a) I could be misremembering and (B) it's easy to miss those.

Yeah, I could see this being useful.

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:45 AM

View PostBlacksheep One, on 18 December 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

I'm thinking there's an audible warning, but (a) I could be misremembering and (Posted Image it's easy to miss those.

Yeah, I could see this being useful.

just the same as for any other component. but it does not tell you where or how many.

say its late game you're shot to hell and have the choice to sacrifice your right or left torso. one side has no remaining heat sinks and the other still has a good number. picking the correct side could be the deciding point for wining or losing the match

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users