Is Lpl Or Ll With Erml For Laser Vomit Builds?

12 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

Which do you prefer? IS LPLs or regular LLs with ERML for mid-range laser vomit builds?

For e.g.,

GHR-5H(C)

OR

GHR-5H(C)

The LPL version has slower speed and less heat efficiency but higher damage, better range synergy with all weapons and shorter duration during early poking engagements whereas the LL version has faster mobility, better heat efficiency but lower damage and slightly off in terms of range synergy.

#2 Khale MacGregor

• PipPipPip
  • General II
  • General II
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:56 AM

My preference is the LPL is better for brawling and keeping lights, like a Piranah or Flea away from you, so the 3 LPL/4ML laser build is nice. I typically use 2 LPL / 4 MPL with a standard eng and as many DHS's as i can take. keeping the speed above 73 if i can help it. The GHR used to be a smaller mech, but couple years ago PGI resized a lot of the mechs to include the GHR and made it bigger... not sure why they did that. but you could even go 4 LPL's.

If you like the GHR, try getting a TDR-9SE or 9S with 3 LPL's. Its tankier, it's quick and easy to pilot. Im sure you can throw a few JJs on there as well. Ive always liked them.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

The LL is more tonnage efficient and gets you more range. The LPL gives you more precision and faster firing. The raw tonnage is probably what seals the deal here, especially as you go lower on the tonnage spectrum.

#4 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

With ERML I'd go LPL. If you were comboing with something else I'd say LL.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

Is there a Skill Builder for MWO just like there's MechDB or Smurfy?

#6 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 30 March 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

Is there a Skill Builder for MWO just like there's MechDB or Smurfy?

The two I know of are:

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/
https://tarogato-mwo..._skill_planner/

Problem is that both of them are outdated with the specific values (i.e. velocity is supposed to be 3% now), but the structure of the skill grid is unchanged.

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

LPL with ERML, if tonnage permits. LPL fires and burns quicker, slightly more damage... but it also has one other advantage: near-perfect range synergy with the ERML. There's all of 5m difference between their base range values. Fired all together, it's a one-click setup, and dead easy to run up decent numbers with; you only need to remember one optimal range, and anything within it is fair game for your full battery. The LPL's better fire rate and burn time also let you deliver a quicker follow-up if your first volley opens up a section.

#8 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Large lasor are better for ton to heat. Large pulse are better for brawls and if you can't aim. Try both build. Use a light engine until you feel comfortable.
Your second build is better but use a single jumpjet instead of a TC.
Since Large Pulse are so heavy you should use an xl with them.

Guess you picked the Hopper? Good pick. ;)

Edited by BrunoSSace, 30 March 2019 - 06:29 PM.

#9 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

ok Hoppers are my Jam, lets fix these builds for you. When you go Lasor Vomit, you need the largest engine and the most heat sinks possible.
[3 LPL 4 meds] XL 325 18DH
https://mech.nav-alp...c16dad0_GHR-5HS

My favorite build, gives good range and DPS, {3 large lasers, 4 er Meds 18DH] can go XL or Light engines.
Light 325 [18 DH]
https://mech.nav-alp...856afe7_GHR-5HC
or XL 340 [19DH]
https://mech.nav-alp...26b5e8f_GHR-5HC
Faster better cooling and sexy as hell.
those are the main to builds, always pick the right engine, 300.325,350 are what you aim for. Good luck, remember more heat sinks, win win.

Edited by BrunoSSace, 30 March 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 30 March 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Guess you picked the Hopper? Good pick. Posted Image

I still haven't chosen my reward mech yet Posted Image

View PostBrunoSSace, on 30 March 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

ok Hoppers are my Jam, lets fix these builds for you. When you go Lasor Vomit, you need the largest engine and the most heat sinks possible.
[3 LPL 4 meds] XL 325 18DH
https://mech.nav-alp...c16dad0_GHR-5HS

My favorite build, gives good range and DPS, {3 large lasers, 4 er Meds 18DH] can go XL or Light engines.
Light 325 [18 DH]
https://mech.nav-alp...856afe7_GHR-5HC
or XL 340 [19DH]
https://mech.nav-alp...26b5e8f_GHR-5HC
Faster better cooling and sexy as hell.
those are the main to builds, always pick the right engine, 300.325,350 are what you aim for. Good luck, remember more heat sinks, win win.

Thank you.

#11 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

Come on pick the Hopper, I'll even give you my skill build.

#12 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

The Basshopper is certainly a decent robot. I wouldn't say it's the most meta of the Lucky Charms robots but it's a competent gundam that can hold its own. If you need or want an IS heavy energy boat I'd say go for it. Definitely don't hesitate to run an XL in this thing, its hitboxes do cause most of the damage to concentrate on your CT (but it's usually pretty manageable, not crazy like a Jenner).

Also note you can do an HPPC + ML build if you're not a fan of full laser vomit.

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:12 PM

The Grasshopper does feel interesting in the way I need to use it. I was testing it out and using LMB for LT LPL/LL, RMB for RT LPL/LL for the early poking contest and then the thumb buttons for the lower mounted LPL + ERMLs as a separate group and chain-fire modes for heat management.

I'm now thinking of going for the Kodiak so that I can get a free mech bay. I can sell the Kodiak and buy maybe a Blood Asp or something from the mech sale that's going on now.

I do have the MC for mech bay and even more MC if I redeem the MW5 pre-order bonus but I don't feel like buying bays at full price. So, it's either the Orion IIC for the brawls or some kind of alternate build with UAC 10 and ATMs, the Grasshopper for IS laser vomit, which I don't have (I have the Hellbringer laser vomit) or go with the 3rd option of free mech bay, C-bills and buy a Blood Asp with the ECM.

Oh, btw, the Marauder from the MW5 bonus which has an ECM, can that do a proper laser vomit albeit hardpoints being low and in the arms?

View PostBrunoSSace, on 30 March 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Come on pick the Hopper, I'll even give you my skill build.

Does it come with a 7.1 system playing "Jump" in the background? Posted Image

Edit :- So, I keep seeing you guys say that some mechs, like the Hopper is XL friendly 'cause the CT is so big. But surely if you keep torso twisting, you're going to get focused on the ST instead, right?

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 30 March 2019 - 10:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users