Damage Taken Summery Post Battle

4 replies to this topic

#1 GreenHawk

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:03 AM

I tried to have a search for this, but it kept bringing up semi-related topics from a few years back, so not useful.

Is there a way to make the damage received list at the end of battle / your death to show a better list of damage taken (ie: scroll-able?), maybe with amount and / or who did it?

Just been finding a few games recently where I get a "what the !" moment when I have 60 points of armour go missing off a front torso in one hit. Not sure if it is just a good hit, several people targeting me or just the fact I am generally playing with a 200-300ms ping (from Australia on NA servers) and it is just slow damage reporting.

If it was in mid to close combat, it could be just alpha strikes, but damage "explosion/noise" makes it seen like one hit when even at range (1000m / just peaking from the enemy position). I can only assume it is partly packet loss of some kind as generally there is no "weapon trace / flight path", just "boom" and half my mech is taken off (80 toners).

But then a death cam / map replay option would works just as well, but I know that would require too many changes.

Thank you for reading.

#2 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:51 AM

Look like gauss hit...

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

USEFUL. SUPPORT. :)

~D. V. "Enough said." Devnull

#4 GreenHawk

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:33 AM

Guass might be the likely contender, but it would not explain what I am seeing (or not seeing).

1) no visual effects / firing lines
2) would need 4 Guass in a alpha strike
3) would need zero loss for hitting a target outside optimal range
4) sound effect is a "explosion", not a "thud" of a guass hit.

I might use sound packs (Haven's), but with nearly 500 hours of game time, something is definitely off.

Besides, if I could scroll the damage list, I could have an idea if it really was several guass hits occurring at once, or something else. In short, I will not get the feeling the game is still buggy after all these years (Founder).

Maybe the best I can do is record my games to catch this behavior as something is definitely inconsistent.

#5 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:41 AM

if you get hit in the crouch with a heavy gauss you wont see the explosion on many mechs and the sound effect isn't always noticeable. there is also reduced camera shake. at the same time focused lasers from one or several mechs will produce the same result again with no real visuals or sounds. remember even if your CT is not facing at what is shooting you so long as your legs are your CT can always be hit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users