Old Mechwarrior Players!

17 replies to this topic

#1 Cybercrash

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hello, wanted to see if any old Mechwarriors i used to play with are here. I started playing online with Netmech online.... way back early 90s i think :) then moved to Mech3, Mech 4 and Mercs... Played on Zone and battlezone and MW2 Leagues for the mechwars and such was alot of fun. I alwasy used the Name Cybercrash since Netmech to now :P I cant wait to play this game. I was in an old clan Named Rolling Thunder from the netmech days and we all moved to Zone and MW3 and MW4, Mercs etc.... Played alot of great people had alot of great times. some names i remember was badger, Bobcat,Thontor, Hillbilly, Eyes, Assassin, Vlad, Orca, Doc, Hawk (Phantasm), Super, JD Hammer, just to name afew and there are so many more i havent listed and clans etc just alot of fun people to play with and really would love to hookup and battle again with these folks. We fought with HONOR Center Torso shots etc No Legging lol yea some very fun times. look forward to doing it again. Cybercrash out!

#2 Kiv Kotare

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

i used to play way back then, reconize Thontor name, i think he was SLDF. i started as Kiv in Clan Coyote then started and lead Smoke Jaguar for awhile. Got burned out and joined SLDF.

#3 Cybercrash

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thats cool, Yea Thontor was part of RT so might be another, but some of the clans we had fought were ghost rider, panther strike force, death dealers, of corse smoke jaguar alot more... cant remember them all :) i know alot of us carried over to Mech 3,4, Mercs on battlezone before everthing kinda ended. although Mercs from Mektek is still going strong. Some sites like http://www.mektek.net/index.php?pid=10 and http://www.dropshipcommand.com/ and http://www.mechwarri...main/index.cgi/ have alot of good info and stuff... well maybe ill see ya on the battlefield!

#4 Hulk Patton

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I was on Battlezone as DCM Hulk MDL_Hulk.. and as Savage as CobraSavages.. Can't wait to get back into action.. been too long in the to have left my mechs in the hanger and start crashing some metal!!!

Konnichiwa Mechwarriors!

#5 MechDuster

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hehe
I used to play to play Mechwarrior 3 but than i took an arrow to the knee.
Nah just joking.

I was playing Mechwarrior 3 always,i realy loved it when i was a kid still and even now i love it badly.
Theyres no other Mechwarrior which could give it a Hand except Mechwarrior 4
It wasnt the finest but i realy liked the Arena mode..
You know
Jungle Light
Jungle Medium
Jungle Heavy
Jungle Assault
Jungle Championship

I realy used to enjoy these battles and sometimes i just put heat off to
have some more fun and put the best Laser Weapons in a Nova Cat that comes in my mind!
Yeah.

--EDIT--
Before that i even played Mechwarrior 2
It was somekind of foggy in this game

"This is Dunken Fisher and we are excited to see our rookie Pilot Specter!
A great pilot who keeps a cool head in bad situations"

Edited by MechDuster, 09 August 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#6 Blade Sasen

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostCybercrash, on 25 July 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hello, wanted to see if any old Mechwarriors i used to play with are here. I started playing online with Netmech online.... way back early 90s i think :) then moved to Mech3, Mech 4 and Mercs... Played on Zone and battlezone and MW2 Leagues for the mechwars and such was alot of fun. I alwasy used the Name Cybercrash since Netmech to now :) I cant wait to play this game. I was in an old clan Named Rolling Thunder from the netmech days and we all moved to Zone and MW3 and MW4, Mercs etc.... Played alot of great people had alot of great times. some names i remember was badger, Bobcat,Thontor, Hillbilly, Eyes, Assassin, Vlad, Orca, Doc, Hawk (Phantasm), Super, JD Hammer, just to name afew and there are so many more i havent listed and clans etc just alot of fun people to play with and really would love to hookup and battle again with these folks. We fought with HONOR Center Torso shots etc No Legging lol yea some very fun times. look forward to doing it again. Cybercrash out!

Phantasm was in the GrimReapers on MW3 and MW4 if i remember right. and your name looks real familiar...we were from a merc group on the zone. Remeber your name from MW3 crossed your path in the urban city map a few times...Reaper out good to see ya.

#7 Allied

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

I played a good amount of Netmech Battlepack back in the day. Went under the callsign 'Cmdr Allied10 ~TW~' and lead Clan Timberwolf.
I took part in the Netmech Revival Movement back in the mid 2000's also. They started the revival on Kali, then switched to a homemade server made by one of the community members. More Info: http://www.mech2.org

Also, check out the thread I started on the same topic. This thread is mainly directed towards BATTLEPACK netmech players though. Battlepack had it's own server and thus its own community.

http://mwomercs.com/...lepack-players/

Edited by Allied, 10 August 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Cybercrash

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Reaper, sup! I remember that map well what a *****! lol yep played with Hillbilly and Val, bear some other names on Mercs 2 for MW3 i think it was.
Allied, KALI wow the server for netmech thats right, very cool. I remember the ~TW~ tag :P Awesome! good to see some old school players here!

#9 justin xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 585 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

I remember Vlad. I used to play on mercppp and zone as [CCC] Ian or CCC_Ian. Lag shooting ftw.

And I always went for the legs!!!

#10 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I loved it when Vlad would "transform" into his favorite bat: ^V^ during the full moon

Other times he smurfed, kinda funny because he was predictable!

I loved eyes belgrade target of V on the GR site somewhere....hah!

Too bad i don't remember anyone else from October 99 and up since i joined PS.... been 13 years....wow...

#11 op4recon

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationStarke fl

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

I played mw4. I was in clan ghostbear for a long time

#12 DJ Adler

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

My first experience was MW2...needed a better comp to run 3 and Pirates Moon.

Joined an obscure unit called Davion Heavy Guards. Lost ineterst in them due to internal bickering and no league play.

MW4 comes around and, needed a better comp. Joined RAGE and played in the old MSN Zone mostly, along with a couple leagues up through Black Knight and the MErcs.

Enter Mechwarrior Leagues and needed a better comp.

Got introduced to JD Hammer's lasers. ouch!

Met George (Duncan Fisher) learned to Shoutcast. Deeply mourned the loss of Neuromancer, Founder of MWL.

Working on Mechwarrior Podcast Play today....its called The Sting of the Black Scorpion. Its coming and it will be free!

#13 Warl0rd

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

Known as DCM_Warlord

#14 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

I played all the MW4 games from Vengeance to Mercenaries. Black Knight, the Sphere and Clan packs as well. Wearing out Sidewinder joysticks on a regular basis.

As the audience started thinning out, maybe they are getting fed up with the jumping jack Mad Cat 2s with gauss, I found another game, and joined it the very first day it went live --- EVE Online.

#15 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

MiT_HARDKOR here. VL admin, General of MiT in VL and MWL (MW4)

#16 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

I've pretty much played every Mechwarrior game. Online, I was most invested in Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. Went with the alias Striker. Spent most of my time playing patch 1.1 and was in so many affiliations I can't remember them all. Spent a little time on 1.05 side too. I think I remember dropping with [CCC] Ian up above (as an adversary) :D

Spent a little time with Karaian Empire (pretty much the guys who founded Mektek) shortly before and after Mechwarrior 3 rolled around the corner.

Played Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance and Mercenaries to death afterwards. Distinctly remembered joining the Draconis Combine, and met a squad mate there who happened to be a local autobody technician, who coincidentally helped fix one of my cars.

Ah memories...

Still playing Mechwarrior 2 to this day....

Edited by Sylonce, 23 January 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#17 Cybercrash

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:52 AM

Hello Guys Cybercrash here :) from the old CLAN ROLLING THUNDER from back in the NETMECH days. Hey Badger if you see this i found and old Pic you sent me from back in the day. yea im a record keeper guys :) anyway this is a BUMP to this OLD POST and i dont PC much these days but i do play on XBOX name there is CyberC and now with the new CROSS PLAY.. my tag on Destiny 2 is CyberC#4902 and yes i'm playing Mechwarrior 5 mercs very FUN, feel free to hit me up any old timers and new alike! Alright Peace out ALL!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users