Replicating Corsair And Warhammer Iic Gift Heroes

4 replies to this topic

#1 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:06 AM

Hello one and all.
Since there's a lot of crying and #notmyfreeheromech going on, I figured some positivity from those who appreciate this and are curious for the builds of these machines would be good.
So, anyone willing to maybe have some fun building odd things or just enjoys making builds, why not post what you come up with? Posted Image I'd love to see it. The point is not to be super effective or whatnot nonsense, build what you want to build and just have fun Posted Image

So I went about replicating these mechs on other machines.
While I can get the Corsair near exactly to what I imagine my Corsair to be, the Warhammer IIC I had to replicate on a 5t heavier mech and left 5tons free.
Now, this won't be completely accurate to the builds and we are yet to hear about their quriks, we'll be able to do once these machines are actually out but there's no harm in fun, is there Posted Image

So, I went with a 95t Banshee Hero mech Siren and an 85t Marauder IIC, aaaaand here's what I came up with. I've added all the builds as links to MechDB as well as ingame import codes so you can preview it.

Siren Banshee - Corsair - SIREN - The Beagle Active Probe is meant to replicate the extra 1.5t from another AMS+1t ammo. One ER will be moved to torso but on Siren I left it in the hand as a comfort choice. It runs a bit hot but you can either burst the enemy or you can just use RACs and while they are cooling down you can do a few shots of Lasers or MRMs.
Per preference you can switch out MRM30 for LRM20 or ER Meds for regular meds as well as RACs for Ultras.
I PERSONALY DO NOT OWN SIREN SO IF YOU DO, I'D LOVE TO HEAR HOW IT PERFORMS.
>>>> Af:82:b1|_g|i^|i^|i^|f?p:1|GP|GP|Z<2|[<2|AOq:1|S@|R@r01|F@|F@|F@s01|Z@t61|AP|?Pu61|AP|?Pv<0|aOw606060 <<<<

Again, don't have Marauder either so anyone who has it and is willing to put either of these out for a spin, go for it Posted Image
Marauder IIC-8 - MAD-IIC-8 - Here it's all straightforward, not a poptart build but easily worked on once we get jumpjets hehe. I left 5 tons free because Warhammer IIC is 5t lighter than Marauder IIC.
Good enough heat managment. Max engine for Warhammer IIC, equal spread of weapons...
>>>> A^7D5:V1|Cf|l^|l^|l^|l^|l^|oB|WRp21|oB|l^|l^|l^|l^q21|oB|9C|WR|WR|l^rh0|oB|l^sh0|oB|l^t81|l^u81|l^v:0w606060 <<<<

MAD-IIC-8 - OR you can go with what I presume will be a more popular build, the regular engine that will push you 64.8kph, two PPCs, three Medium Lasers, LRM20A and three jumpjets (warning, disclaimet etc, jumpjets not included in this build, therefore extra available tons on top of extra 5 for being a Marauder and not Warhammer and just enough free slots to put the 3 jumpjets)
>>> A^7D5:V1|l^|l^|l^|lB|:fp21|l^|l^|l^|l^|lBq21|9C|WR|WR|l^|lBrh0|l^|1Csh0|l^|1Ct81u81vB0w606060 <<<

MAD-IIC-8 - OR hell, you could even forego the LRMs and Jumpjets and just go full energy, 3 ERML and 2 ERPPCs with max engine. if you don't use ERMLs you can shoot the two PPCs indefinetly. With a bit of optimization you could even kick out the Mediums and a heat sink or two or a smaller engine and add jump jets and harrass from a distance without the need to cool down.
>>>> A^7D5:V1|Cf|l^|l^|l^|l^|l^|lBp21|l^|l^|l^|l^|lBq21|l^|l^|l^|l^|lBrh0|l^|1Csh0|l^|1Ct81|l^u81|l^vB0w606060 <<<<

I WASTED A LOT OF TIME TO MAKE THIS FOR YOU ALL! Don't you disappoint me now! Posted Image

#2 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 06 December 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Siren Banshee - Corsair - SIREN - The Beagle Active Probe is meant to replicate the extra 1.5t from another AMS+1t ammo. One ER will be moved to torso but on Siren I left it in the hand as a comfort choice. It runs a bit hot but you can either burst the enemy or you can just use RACs and while they are cooling down you can do a few shots of Lasers or MRMs. Per preference you can switch out MRM30 for LRM20 or ER Meds for regular meds as well as RACs for Ultras. I PERSONALY DO NOT OWN SIREN SO IF YOU DO, I'D LOVE TO HEAR HOW IT PERFORMS.

Banshee is very wide and components are super-easy to focus. Any facetime weapons are a big no for it. You can't replicate much with the banshee,as all its hardpoints except missile one are at waist level. Still, I think this build won't work for Corsair either.

#3 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

View Posttutzdes, on 06 December 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Banshee is very wide and components are super-easy to focus. Any facetime weapons are a big no for it. You can't replicate much with the banshee,as all its hardpoints except missile one are at waist level. Still, I think this build won't work for Corsair either.

Actually facetime is exactly what it needs because of RACs, people run shtless to get out of RAC's way and do not end up shooting you as much. And I am talking from personal experience here with how much success RAC build have. Low hardpoints not matter unless you are cresting the ridge.

#4 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

eh the Banshee is far to squish to use RACs unless you are using the 3S. super easy to find hitboxes and low armor.

in a 1v1 assault fight RACs also only tend to work on lower-end players, RACs screen shake doesnt throw off aim unless the player bails.
Assuming you are running 8 back armor most of my mechs from 55 tons or higher can remove the RACs with 2 alphas. even if you run full survival tree most of my heavies wills till remove the ST with RACs with only 2 alphas.
A competent pilot will alpha, turn (spreading your damage) and then alpha again .

RACs work well on a smaller mech backing up something bigger (hence all the Bushwhackers running 3x RAC2 or 2x RAC5) as you wont get focused and can simply pound the enemy with impunity while they try to kill whatever assault you are following.

Due to the Corsair having similiar armor (but admittedly a lot better hitboxes for spreading damage) i wouldnt run RACs on them.

Ive been using mainly 2 large ballistics on my Corsairs.
COR-BR: Gauss+LGauss (plus LPL, 2 ERML, 3 SRM4)
COR-6R: 2 UAC10 (plus 3 ML, 3 MRM10)
COR-RA: 2 LB10 (plus 3 ML, 3 MPL)
COR-7A: 2 AC10 (plus 4 MPL)

The 5R ive been running HPPC+AC10 (plus 4 ML, 2 MRM10)

On the Siren i would be running 4 MPL, 1 AC20, 1 MRM30 and a LFE 340.

Edited by VitriolicViolet, 27 April 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#5 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:02 PM

As crazy as it may be, I actually sold my Corsair Broadside. It was big and squishy with bad hardpoint locations and insufficient build variety. All it really had going for it was a single high laser and single high dakka, and I didn't find anything that worked well enough to see myself skilling it up and playing it. They say to 'never sell a mech; especially a hero mech', but I preferred to just keep the mech bay.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 30 May 2019 - 06:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users