Want A Roadmap?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

Post here if you would like to see a new roadmap.

Roadmaps are great:
1. They give us features to look forward to
2. Inspires confidence that MWO is still being developed
3. Assures us that there will be a population when our pre-ordered mechs arrive
4. Gives us positive topics to discuss
5. Because we're entitled millennials dammit

#2 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

Mech Con left me with a sense MWO is dead. I would appreciate PGI doing some to promote that it is not.

#3 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

It would be nice to have something to talk about on the forums. Even if it's something we argue about

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

While I am not an millennial.....this is spot on. I haven’t picked up MWO since MechCon....

No roadmap = no confidence in the future of the game

I know those pods had to be cool and all, (and it would have been embarrassing if they weren’t all set up), but the lack of a simple PowerPoint on “what’s coming” in FW (or even QP or Solaris) was a disaster in terms of playerbase confidence in any future for this game. It sent a message...and a bad one at that. Take a few hours PGI...put together a list of what’s coming down the pipe and approximately when (best guess is ok). Do what you should have done at mechcon and give us something’s to look forward to.

#5 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

I want to see that list. Paul must have had some sleep since that lackluster presentation, where's the list?

#6 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, a new roadmap is essential.

#7 Relixander

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:14 PM

I had a roadmap, but forgot to print it, now I'm too tired to push a button.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Yes.

It's nice that Chris has been on, and asserts that the December patch may have changes to stealth armor and a bunch of agility chnages to something lime 20 chassis, but yeah we need more. We need some clear messaging that is unequivocal in expressing PGI's excitement for what they have planned for THIS game, not MW5, but this game...ya know the one we play and that some folks still want an excuse to spend time and maybe even money on. Remember this game PGI?

FYI...PAUL'S LIST IS UP!!! Its in developer outreach.

Edited by Bud Crue, 06 December 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#9 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Paul's list is up, everyone satisfied?

#10 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

Heck, at this point I would take any consequential information that shows PGI is still working on MWO. Mech Con gave us nothing, if you do not believe me then give me one item mentioned all of Mech Con that shows PGI is actually working on MWO outside of them just saying they are with out any direction or topic.

View PostNightbird, on 06 December 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

What list where? url? tweet? lost in the brown sea here gotta throw some life lines.

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostClownwarlord, on 06 December 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Heck, at this point I would take any consequential information that shows PGI is still working on MWO. Mech Con gave us nothing, if you do not believe me then give me one item mentioned all of Mech Con that shows PGI is actually working on MWO outside of them just saying they are with out any direction or topic.

What list where? url? tweet? lost in the brown sea here gotta throw some life lines.

https://mwomercs.com...st-mechcon-2018

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

Placated a bit. Certainly not satisfied.

The FP list is nice and both Chris and Paul continuing to engage is certainly a nice show of effort, but the list for FP is still just a list and Chris has only given vauge mentions of some possible fixes with nothing firm and without details, and collectively I still see all of this as more in the realm of fixing what PGI previously broke or ignored (FP's history speaks for itself, agility has needed to be addressed since decoupling, etc.) as opposed to some exciting example of new content.

So yeah, I'll stick with placated...temporarily placated.

#13 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Would love one, it would give me a sense that MWO is still being cared for, which is probably why we have no roadmap.
Since nothing is in the works besides fumbling with XML files for balancing and fumbling with XML files for the FP changes (+ a bit of UI work I guess to make room for more drop decks)

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 06 December 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Mech Con left me with a sense MWO is dead. I would appreciate PGI doing some to promote that it is not.

Me too

The lack of things is kinda telling me most, maybe all but Paul and Chris and whoever has time to do a mech, has moved over to MW5.

Maybe I would be even fine with that as long as PGI still wants to put work into MWO.
Or if not if they have plans to redo it using MW5, or something, anything.

Before I go there, is it the one he kind of posted 2 months ago or so?

I'll have a looksie if it basiccaly is.

Edit, kind of is, except it looks shorter and he took the time to color code by difficulty

Satisfied?
Well in a nutshell not really.

4 months ago we all agreed that those changes would not invigorate FP at all, but only, maybe, keep us interested enough until something actually major happens.

But then we were also all thinking PGI is actually doing something for MWO in all those months (saving up for MechCon)
Soo, not that much.

It took 4 months to get there, and like another 4 to finish all of that stuff, which isn't that much of a game changer.
That's nearly a year for some minor things plus a basic MM.

Edited by Peter2k, 06 December 2018 - 03:09 PM.

#14 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

I can basically second that Peter2K. I'm pretty disappointed with that FP road map. There may be some QoL improvements to people who play, and I do appreciate those, but there is nothing that would lure in new players.

The bottom line is there nothing to reverse the decline in MWO's player base, take that as you will.

#15 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:57 AM

A roadmap would be nice..

But if they didn't present one at MechCon, I'm not gonna hold my breath..

#16 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:38 AM

List with 7 items, 2 of them having nothing to do with cw

Not one of them change or improve cw gameplay.

25 items on a "waiting list"

satisfied? sure I am i now see there is no real hope for CW.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 07 December 2018 - 03:39 AM.

#17 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:43 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 06 December 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Rush said no new engine without Microsoft dealing with the lic. Paul said no new cw systems or AI.

PGI is making mw5, mwo is dead unless MS allows them to start making mwo2 next year.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 07 December 2018 - 03:45 AM.

#18 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostNightbird, on 06 December 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Thanks Nightbird, and to answer previous question.

No.

I will expand. While I do like some of the things Paul has in his list and that they will be making it into a patch (sometime). I feel what would make me feel better is if PGI came out and announced they where working on relaunching the game on Unreal and say good bye to cryengine.

Why would this one thing make me happy is that it would say hey we are going to put the work into the game to keep it around years after 2020. So feel free to show your support and buy a mech pack because you will have a game.

#19 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 07 December 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

Rush said no new engine without Microsoft dealing with the lic. Paul said no new cw systems or AI.

PGI is making mw5, mwo is dead unless MS allows them to start making mwo2 next year.

Or M$ starting making MWO2 themselves...

#20 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

Probably bc there is no roadmap involving MWO.
As a business, you direct your resources toward the future, not the past, and especially not a dying product.
With average population(at a given moment in time) across the globe reaching now in to the low 600s, Im starting wonder what other game they are working on as revenue has to be way down.

Are that many people buying mechpacks still to support even a small staff of 30people making $90-110k annually? I mean thats an assumption, the team could very will be like 10 people working around the clock, and they could be getting paid only 50-60k, which if ya'll are only getting paid that you need to leave immediately. Not to mention the operational costs alone. Money is coming from somewhere...

I'm pretty sure its not from MWO though... I've got a fat wallet, and even I've just stopped shoveling money into the game. What am I going to do, have ANOTHER mech that runs gauss, energy, or more dual uac10s? Same builds over and over and over due to lack of weapon variety.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users