Patch Notes - 1.4.190.0 - 11-Dec-2018

119 replies to this topic

#101 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostDoktorbike, on 12 December 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

If you are hitting anything other than what you are trying to hit with them then you will have to change the way you are using them & get a little closer to the front line as you must with ATM's & again, as PGI were intending. LOS is the new LRM meta(lol) for anyone who want's to be effective with them.

The thing is, ATMs arcs are so messed up right now that you have to poptart to make them fly over uneven terrain.

As much as I love ATM poptarting, this is still very cancerous thing for a receiving side and I cetrainly don want even more of it.

#102 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 12 December 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

There is no reason to bring LRMS for direct fire. MRMs if you want direct fire missiles, but to be honest Lasers and Ballistics are the direct fire kings. The purpose of LRMS was being able to lob them over LOS obstacles to hit enemies you otherwise weren't able to hit. This change makes LOS LRMS silly because you might as well bring lasers/ballistics if you want to shoot straight ahead. They've in effect taken away the different flavor of LRMS to everything else.

I doubt that's the point, the reason is not to make LRMs a direct-fire weapon. I think the point is to make them more reliable, which is their main weakness. By default you should still use LRMs indirectly, but now you have much more flexibility and are no longer hardcountered by some terrain features like tunnels or those ramps in Solaris. Many maps which have been difficult to LRMs will probably become more playable. For example the top on HPG is no longer the ultimate LRM-umbrella, that's the real deal in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure we will soon see another influx of LRM OP threads because some things to protect from them will not work anymore...

Edited by Daggett, 12 December 2018 - 09:29 AM.

#103 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Here's a comparison video of the new LRM trajectories with and without LOS:

#104 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

View PostRhialto, on 07 December 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

-cough-

#105 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostBlockpirat, on 12 December 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Thanks for showing that PGI-added madness in a video. :)

On the more serious side of the coin, this unfortunately shows a major problem that PGI has now introduced to LRMs. The game's detection does NOT calculate for Friendly Mechs that are in your path, and it NEVER has. LRMs were very much meant to be usable to help your allies when NO Clean Direct Fire Shot is available, even WITHOUT terrain in the way. That's a need usually caused by the feeding frenzy of a Push, or some kind of major Traffic Jam happening. This change to LRMs now causes Teammates to hit each other in the back rather unintentionally, unless the LRM User is hiding behind terrain or a wall. <_<

Frankly, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT ON A PUBLIC TEST SERVER FOR PROPER TUNING AND DESIGN FIRST, long before it was ever put into the Live Server Environment. I hope PGI is reading the massive increase of Team Damage that their awful and problematic change is causing. While I try to make sure my shots are clean, this change has ensured that I will slip up and hurt Teammates when trying to help a push against the Enemy Team, no matter what I try to do. This has also ensured that LRM Users will DIE a lot more often, because locks WITH a Direct Sight to the Target are STILL taking far too long! :angry:

Looks like there's people out there who are now getting their way about making it so the ONLY weapons on the field are Ballistics... Not so much Lasers after the last nerfs to them.... Certainly not Gauss Rifle weaponry or PPCs... Definitely NOT Missiles, unless they're point-blank range, non-locking SRMs being fired. This game is being turned into something that is definitely NOT MechWarrior anymore, because something worthy of that name made ALL the weapons viable, and NOT just a subset of one branch. Something worthy of the MechWarrior name also made ALL the possible Play Styles viable, and NOT just Brawling only. :excl:

~Mr. D. V. "This hidden & undocumented change makes MWO into a mockery to the MechWarrior name." Devnull

#106 Do Legs

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

View PostDo Legs, on 10 December 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

Thank you PGI.
That heat system fix related to component destruction means a lot to me. I play hot builds and so many times was melted with side torso destruction overheat.

Misunderstood the announcement. The heat system changes have absolutely no value to me. The situation with overheating on component destruction still remains bad, you overheat due to lose of capacity and destroyed component heat injection.
Lame.

#107 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Thanks for showing that PGI-added madness in a video. Posted Image

On the more serious side of the coin, this unfortunately shows a major problem that PGI has now introduced to LRMs. The game's detection does NOT calculate for Friendly Mechs that are in your path, and it NEVER has. LRMs were very much meant to be usable to help your allies when NO Clean Direct Fire Shot is available, even WITHOUT terrain in the way. That's a need usually caused by the feeding frenzy of a Push, or some kind of major Traffic Jam happening. This change to LRMs now causes Teammates to hit each other in the back rather unintentionally, unless the LRM User is hiding behind terrain or a wall. Posted Image

Frankly, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT ON A PUBLIC TEST SERVER FOR PROPER TUNING AND DESIGN FIRST, long before it was ever put into the Live Server Environment. I hope PGI is reading the massive increase of Team Damage that their awful and problematic change is causing. While I try to make sure my shots are clean, this change has ensured that I will slip up and hurt Teammates when trying to help a push against the Enemy Team, no matter what I try to do. This has also ensured that LRM Users will DIE a lot more often, because locks WITH a Direct Sight to the Target are STILL taking far too long! Posted Image

Looks like there's people out there who are now getting their way about making it so the ONLY weapons on the field are Ballistics... Not so much Lasers after the last nerfs to them.... Certainly not Gauss Rifle weaponry or PPCs... Definitely NOT Missiles, unless they're point-blank range, non-locking SRMs being fired. This game is being turned into something that is definitely NOT MechWarrior anymore, because something worthy of that name made ALL the weapons viable, and NOT just a subset of one branch. Something worthy of the MechWarrior name also made ALL the possible Play Styles viable, and NOT just Brawling only. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "This hidden & undocumented change makes MWO into a mockery to the MechWarrior name." Devnull

Calm down dude, all weapons you mentioned are still viable at least in QP and you can probably still shoot above your allies heads just like with ATMs. Have you even played LRMs post-patch?

This change is not the end of the world, as already pointed out above it can even be advantageous because you now can reliably hit targets in tunnels or on top of HPG. For my playstyle it's a straight BUFF to LRMs and something i missed the whole time.

Edited by Daggett, 12 December 2018 - 05:20 PM.

#108 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:44 AM

@Daggett: Add to that that I believe per the lore of BattleTech, they're supposed to have a flat trajectory unless being fired indirectly anyways, likely for the exact reason why they got that buff (hitting guys in enclosed spaces you have LOS on)

like, say, in the MW4 intro: "Look out! GET OUT OF THE HANGAR!"

#109 Notorious Scallywag

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image The loyalty rifleman ... it is back to below average.. I loved the new hard points.. please consider putting them back????

#110 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostRhialto, on 07 December 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

#111 Drag1313

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

Please, revert heat system changes back. New heat system makes game unpredictable.

#112 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 15 December 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

There are far more pressing issues that inaccurate shadow art.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 15 December 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#113 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:55 PM

Here's a slightly silly question -
What do the two kanji Hatamoto-Chi decals translate to?

#114 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

seriously PGI.

THE HELL YOU THINKING WITH THE SIDE TORSO HEAT CHANGES.
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TESTED OUT IN A PTS.
and next time just ask the community so we can tell you its a crap idea and save you the PTS.

DIDNT YOU SAY AT MECHCON THAT YOU WANNA GIVE THE GAME BACK TO THE COMMUNITY AND LET US SET DIRECTION?
WELL THIS HEAT CHANGE IS UNWANTED.
(based on recent poll. majority of players think this was a crap change)
WAKE UP

Edited by Dungeon 206, 18 December 2018 - 02:38 AM.

#115 blighty

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

So what is the mechanics on torso destruction?

I mean all of the mechanics - how many headsinks from the engine do we lose?

I run mech with no external heatsinks, and suddenly its lost probably half its ability to remove heat.

Does it mean that two structure from light/cxl engine in the side torso results in a 50 percent heat effectivness reduction?

#116 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

40% loss

#117 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 December 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

40% loss

Yes and no. The 40% effectiveness is lost from the engine heatsinks but it also affects the heatbar (heat scale for BT folks). Each engine has 10 engine heatsinks and 40% would be 4 heat sinks. It affects both the heatbar and heat dissipation.

Baseline 30 + 6*2 (all eHS has been given 2, even if SHS) = 42 heatbar. Before ST loss it would have been 50. This does not include nodes. Heat dissipation is now on 6 heatsinks instead of 10 heatsinks.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 30 December 2018 - 08:19 AM.

#118 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

I really hope this new ST penalty gets removed or *heavily* reduced. My Wolverine with 1 AC10, an ML, and an SRM6 lost its ST on HPG Manifold and went from 20% on the heat bar to 80% on the heat bar. It became basically impossible to dissipate heat and I died because I was unable to effectively fire back. On one of the most heat efficient maps on a mech that's heat neutral. I might as well just run an ISXL on everything at this point because there's no difference in effective survivability and I can get more tonnage for weapons and speed.

#119 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostBlockpirat, on 12 December 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Can You do a same tests video with high mounted TAG (e.g. Stalker) from cca 550m distance? Respect.

Edited by ExoForce, 31 December 2018 - 11:27 AM.

#120 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

Please PGI do some thing about match maker it seems there is no MM at all, because of so many 12-0,12-1 or 12-2 that i see in QP!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users