*rear View Mirrors.*

3 replies to this topic

#1 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

... seriously. Cheap cars have them. Most *cars* have backup "cameras."

Being able to see that someone's directly behind you (say, when trying to dodge incoming fire) would be... helpful. Yes, we have the map/radar... but would *you* try parallel parking with Google Maps? :)

#2 GreenHawk

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:16 AM

I have to say no on this idea. It goes back to the idea of people wanting third person perspective when piloting as they could not see where they were going. It also ment they could look around corners and over hills without getting hurt.

Sneaking up on people though is part of the game / tactic, so "mirrors" seems a bit of a silly addition.

That said, I carry UAV's for rear detection as it is for when there is no one watching my back.

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:14 AM

View PostGreenHawk, on 13 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

I have to say no on this idea. It goes back to the idea of people wanting third person perspective when piloting as they could not see where they were going. It also ment they could look around corners and over hills without getting hurt.

Sneaking up on people though is part of the game / tactic, so "mirrors" seems a bit of a silly addition.

except that's not how mirrors work... you would still need line of sight to the mirror to be able to see what you were looking at with it so the third person comparison (something that is already in the game) doesn't hold up. I don't think this would have much of an effect on the ability to sneak up on someone as even if you were paying attention odds are you would not recognize it as an enemy unless you were already aware one was there.

what this would help is improved battle lines and lesson the frustration of backing into/getting blocked by a friendly.

from a gameplay standpoint I would love this however it seems like it would be far more work than It was worth to implement.

#4 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:52 AM

View PostGreenHawk, on 13 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

That said, I carry UAV's for rear detection as it is for when there is no one watching my back.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm talking about. No, a UAV doesn't work for this. Yes, it will give you a "blip" on your map, but it doesn't help if (say) you're backing out of the line of fire.. because you can't tell that someone is standing directly behind you.

Seriously. Just go sit in your car's driver's seat, look up and a little to the right (or left, depending on where in the world you are.) That's the sum total of what I'm talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users