Penalty For Not Armor Sharing

Gameplay

105 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Krieger

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:18 AM

I don't know how to do it, but PGI please punish the playstyle of "not armor sharing".

I am so sick and tired of fighting and dying in the frontdirt while two 100 tons assaults (mostly with Lrms) are sitting 'till the end of the match behind cover and having full or nearly full armor. Like it just happend again in my last match...

This is not a rant against a weapon system. It's a rant against certain Pilots using them in a cowardly and uncomradely way.

IMO this kind of behavior should be clearly punished. But I admit that I don't have an idea how...

Regards

Edited by NobleSavage, 08 December 2018 - 01:23 AM.

#2 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:48 AM

View PostNobleSavage, on 08 December 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

IMO this kind of behavior should be clearly punished. But I admit that I don't have an idea how...

Buff Lights? Posted Image

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:20 AM

Regards

Report them for "assisting the enemy". :D

#4 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:25 AM

I don't know how to do it, but PGI please punish the playstyle of "not armor sharing".

I am so sick and tired of fighting and dying in the frontdirt while two 100 tons assaults (mostly with Lrms) are sitting 'till the end of the match behind cover and having full or nearly full armor. Like it just happend again in my last match...

This is not a rant against a weapon system. It's a rant against certain Pilots using them in a cowardly and uncomradely way.

Regards

I think a payout bonus for armor sharing would be better because people will start using more close range mechs since they will get them more money. Lets be honest, who doesn't want extra c-bills?

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:50 AM

Rather than a penalty, I would prefer if they change the achievements for surviving a match at low health be turned into something that rewards you every 3-10 times you complete it.

#6 Knuckles OTool

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, great idea. Punish lights that stand still too. Probably should punish any heavies that have machine guns mounted, I mean what is with those people. Oh, also punish anyone who runs those stupid weapons that you dont like period. Flamers, HMG's LRMs, Micropulses etc. They are in the game but really they shouldnt be allowed to be used. You could also punish stupid people who block your firing lanes, stand too close to you, stand on an objective too long, go a direction you don't currently deem acceptable, walk headlong into the enemy when you think it's a bad choice and snipe when they could be eating fire for you by standing in the open so you can LOLSRM those evil reds.

Ill stop with the sarcasm but only to suggest that maybe 12 man team play or solaris type game play would solve the problem of random team mates in an older game while hitting the solo queue not living up to higher standards.

Here is a real idea that works with most other games and in real life when your team is using artillery. Let it do some work, the enemy will eventually be closer or dead. Dont feel obligated to rush right at the enemy. I realize the game is kind of boring sitting and waiting but do you want to maximize your potential or just others.

Edited by Knuckles OTool, 08 December 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#7 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:28 AM

You know what you should do? Use the LRM boats as cover cause then they have to share their armor.

#8 Erik Krieger

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:51 AM

View PostKnuckles OTool, on 08 December 2018 - 02:58 AM, said:

Here is a real idea that works with most other games and in real life when your team is using artillery. Let it do some work, the enemy will eventually be closer or dead.

"Let them do some work"? You mean "on their own"?

This kind of Pilots are completely incapable and even more worse they are unwilling to "do some work on their own"! That is my point.
They are completely dependent of the ones in the frontline to get anything done (getting locks from them).but at the same time DO NOTHING to prevent more casualties than necessary. If this would mean that they could brake themselves a fingernail while doing it...

I'd rather lose and die with bad but willing players side by side, than winning under the cost of unnecessary deaths and those kind of Pilots still alive...

Forgive me my bad mood. I Know it's just a game, But I am so damn pixxxx... shouldn't have started this topic here... I know I know... Posted Image

Edited by NobleSavage, 08 December 2018 - 03:58 AM.

#9 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:19 AM

You wanted lrms get nerfed,
pgi nerfed direct fire for lrms and buffed indirect use.

You know pgis nerfs and buffs, you should not be suprised about that outcome.

I used lrm mostly at low range, all the nerfs and buffs changed it,
its now much worse to use them at low range (lock-arc-nerf, artemis lock-time-nerf),
but much better at skillless indirect massspamming (heat buff, ammo-buff).

Spirits that i´ve summoned ...

Edited by Kroete, 08 December 2018 - 04:20 AM.

#10 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:37 AM

The issue is mechs need to be played to their strengths.

Having a 4 lrm15 supernova for example in the front line isn't going to last long against the enemy team. Even changing to another missile systems is going to limit it's options due to it's speed. It is more effective supporting with lrms, and by that I don't mean 900m away behind the team, but couple of hundred meters behind team.

But this shouldn't be all about lrm mechs sitting back. Are they any worse than an assault with 6 er large sitting 1km away and not fighting? They shoot over maximum range and don't have the same risks to getting hit.

How about your sniping ac2 mechs? or gauss snipers (maybe even stealth builds)?

PGI could reward mechs based on damage taken but that would still apply to a mech at the back of map who gets jumped by MG piranha getting same rewards as you fighting the full match at the front.

They could set up bonus points for damage taken within X meters of another team member

#11 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:09 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 08 December 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

I think a payout bonus for armor sharing would be better because people will start using more close range mechs since they will get them more money. Lets be honest, who doesn't want extra c-bills?

Make C-Bills and game score consider “damage taken” as a positive thing.

#12 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:55 AM

If you drop strikes where they can see them zoomed in (they are almost always window licking for some reason) they will usually move up.

The issue isn't people bringing weapons I don't like, the problem is that most often assault lrmboats sand bag the tram for higher numbers, and they don't contribute to the available hp pool. Once your team loses a bunch of health and firepower pool the snowball begins and the dps of two potatos sitting 600 meters away from the fight becomes irrelevent.

#13 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 December 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

If you drop strikes where they can see them zoomed in (they are almost always window licking for some reason) they will usually move up.

The issue isn't people bringing weapons I don't like, the problem is that most often assault lrmboats sand bag the tram for higher numbers, and they don't contribute to the available hp pool. Once your team loses a bunch of health and firepower pool the snowball begins and the dps of two potatos sitting 600 meters away from the fight becomes irrelevent.

As someone who is not fond of lurm boats, id suggest a Scorch with 2 lbx20 and 4lrm15. That way youre atlest able to defend yourself against lights and help clean up open core mechs mid to late game.

#14 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

Damage Taken cbill and MS bonus for everything above light mechs.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 08 December 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Damage Taken cbill and MS bonus for everything above light mechs.

This is turning into a "gitgud" tax quicker than i expected...

#16 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:46 AM

Yes.... Lets talk about this concept of "armor sharing".

Like when myself and other assaults make a hard push in the front and we get wiped only to reveal that everyone else (including a few other assaults) hung back and played "peek-a-boo".

This is more of the problem i think, You announce that you're making a push only to quickly find out that you're all alone and surrounded by enemy mechs.

Too many players like to play the "shot trade" game from behind cover.

I run LRMS on my assaults sometimes but I usually pair them with large energy weapons or Ballistics for brawling. The game can go south very quickly if your front line is weak which I see a lot due to only one or two assaults doing the heavy lifting in a push.

No support most of the time.

#17 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostWildeKarde, on 08 December 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

The issue is mechs need to be played to their strengths.

Having a 4 lrm15 supernova for example in the front line isn't going to last long against the enemy team. Even changing to another missile systems is going to limit it's options due to it's speed. It is more effective supporting with lrms, and by that I don't mean 900m away behind the team, but couple of hundred meters behind team.

But this shouldn't be all about lrm mechs sitting back. Are they any worse than an assault with 6 er large sitting 1km away and not fighting? They shoot over maximum range and don't have the same risks to getting hit.

How about your sniping ac2 mechs? or gauss snipers (maybe even stealth builds)?

PGI could reward mechs based on damage taken but that would still apply to a mech at the back of map who gets jumped by MG piranha getting same rewards as you fighting the full match at the front.

They could set up bonus points for damage taken within X meters of another team member

This is easy, make every game mode and map to have a "hot zone" where most of the damage is delt/received. This "Hot Zone" would be identified by a circle similar to Domination but in this case it would move around with the battle. The Hot Zone would be in different places on the map depending on where the most amount of players were located. If you stay within the circle you get an "active combat" bonus. Once you leave the Hot Zone you no longer receive the bonus.

For every 10 seconds you're in the "hot zone" you gain 50,000 CB and 1000XP. You will then see EVERYONE in the same radius of the area participating in the fight... no stragglers.

Edited by BLOODREDSINGLE, 08 December 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#18 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

The penalty is losing more often.

It's already in the game and represented in the leaderboard. Those people lose more on average. They may have a bit higher KDR and damage but a low W/L and complain that it's impossible to affect wins in pug games while they make choices that lose matches.

#19 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

The whole concept of "sharing armor" is absurd. There are no re-spawns, in-field repairs, magical "mech repair spells" or whatever. What the op really is doing is complaining about the lack of tactics hardly ever utilized in solo q where damaged mechs currently under fire are able to rotate to second line while mechs not currently being focused rotate to the front allowing the under fire mechs to take less damage and ideally cooling down to alpha/fire weapons again.

Support build mechs would again, in an ideal solo q tactics filled fight, provide covering fire with their weapons during the rotation of front and second line mechs. A simple concept any decent unit will use and teach in cw/fp and a solid tactic that works.

If mwo were an MMO with a player market system I'd be more than happy to "share," sell or give away my excess amounts of endo and ff for c-bills or mc or maybe a new mech But guess what? Mwo is not an mmo with that system in place. you want to "share armor" start playing an assault or heavy mech that can brawl with just enough long range weapons to handle the start of a match's poke cycle then quit being a big *** 100 ton paper weight that hides or dives for cover the moment your mech takes any kind of fire and teach the noobs how to rotate their lines by YOUR EXAMPLE.

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 08 December 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Yes.... Lets talk about this concept of "armor sharing".

Like when myself and other assaults make a hard push in the front and we get wiped only to reveal that everyone else (including a few other assaults) hung back and played "peek-a-boo".

This is more of the problem i think, You announce that you're making a push only to quickly find out that you're all alone and surrounded by enemy mechs.

Too many players like to play the "shot trade" game from behind cover.

I run LRMS on my assaults sometimes but I usually pair them with large energy weapons or Ballistics for brawling. The game can go south very quickly if your front line is weak which I see a lot due to only one or two assaults doing the heavy lifting in a push.

No support most of the time.
that happens with every class of mechs.. perfect example last night in QP i got a wild hair up my arse and decided to go srm bombing in my phaket... and matched against a particular EMP player. His designator was Alpha. So once he was spoted the call was a hard push to kill Alpha. So me in my bomber, fuled by rum and YAR! Went forth to apply some hurt.. i died, he lost half his mech, and as i looked at the map i had 1 mech relatively close and everyone else was abput a grid square away...

Moral of the story, if a push is called, make sure people are pushing and not just poking... and dont go 1v1 against an EMP player (with backup) in a Madcatmk2B with a phaket.. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users