105 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostGrus, on 09 December 2018 - 05:15 AM, said:

Being out of position can be a boon for my scorch. Draws a overconfident lightmech to me, then i intoduce them to dual lbx20's...

*litterly happened"

"We got a pir heading to our assalt over there! Grus watch out... we need to fall back to help him befor he gets killed.."

Grus has killed (random pir player)

He was gonna do to me?

"Damn.. well never mind haha"

Posted Image

well if you build your assault to handle squirrels then thats different. ive done that a few times. see my 'bait mechs' thread.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 December 2018 - 01:58 PM.

#42 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostNobleSavage, on 08 December 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

I don't know how to do it, but PGI please punish the playstyle of "not armor sharing".

I am so sick and tired of fighting and dying in the frontdirt while two 100 tons assaults (mostly with Lrms) are sitting 'till the end of the match behind cover and having full or nearly full armor. Like it just happend again in my last match...

So do you think evey mech is a front line mech?

I just piloted a Ebon Jag this weekend and this mech is not in anyway a front line mech. The wide shape keeps it from being a brawler. It is best at throwing alot of damage down stream and being mid to long range. It will out trade most mechs and that is it's greatest asset. If you want to be in the front lines, that's on you but make sure you have the proper backup. You'll survive longer.

There are at least a half dozen types of fighting styles, pick the right style and mech for you but don't blame others for their choice.
Also, be patient as a front liner. don't rush to your death in the 1st minute of a game. Just not sure why you would want a sniper to be on the front lines with a brawler? Just my 2 cents.

Ps. Also agree the assaults are not good Lrm boats. There are better roles for them. leave the lrms for mediums and heavies like the Catapult.

#43 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostRushmoar, on 09 December 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

There are at least a half dozen types of fighting styles, pick the right style and mech for you but don't blame others for their choice.
Also, be patient as a front liner. don't rush to your death in the 1st minute of a game. Just not sure why you would want a sniper to be on the front lines with a brawler? Just my 2 cents.

Ps. Also agree the assaults are not good Lrm boats. There are better roles for them. leave the lrms for mediums and heavies like the Catapult.

I don't think anyone's telling people to throw their mechs into the line of fire. What's being pointed out here is that when your team is in desperate need of help, use all of your weapons instead of just standing far away and shooting buildings.

#44 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

remove lock on trash

force people to actually aim

#45 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 09 December 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

remove lock on trash

force people to actually aim

We have MRMs and SRMs for that. The lock-on is fine. Just increase the targeting time if you don't have direct l.o.s. At least then, the LRM boats will be forced to position properly instead of standing far away.

#46 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 09 December 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

We have MRMs and SRMs for that. The lock-on is fine. Just increase the targeting time if you don't have direct l.o.s. At least then, the LRM boats will be forced to position properly instead of standing far away.

the change of that:
the 'lurmers' are gonna do less damage, cause .. what the hell is LOS? ; ))

you can change the weapon-stats all you like, you can't change the people, though.

#47 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:53 AM

I had away to deal with this months ago, reduce score value for indirect weapons like LRM and strikes. Yea sure you might end up doing 1k + damage over 10 mechs but that damage isn't much in the scheme of things, as you end up doing ~100 damage per mech with 10 points of damage per component. Compared to going in an dealing ~500 damage between a couple mechs and actually killing/kmdd you end up scoring more then the 1k+ damage value.

#48 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:12 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 09 December 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

well if you build your assault to handle squirrels then thats different. ive done that a few times. see my 'bait mechs' thread.

Maybe unintentionally a bait mech, more twords forcing me to slow down and possition better. Use the lrm's to remove armor then lbx to remove mech.

The side effect is lights come around the corner with such confidence, and vigor.. then suddenly they are either dead or half a mech less than what they started out with. Those tend to leave quickly from my mechs sights.

#49 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:18 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 December 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

Report them for "assisting the enemy". Posted Image

Let's see if this concept makes sense? (yes, I am giggling as well.....)

There are so few people playing that you'd suggest finding a way to have even more players quit....???

They haven't violated any CoC I've ever read about? Do we report light mechs that kinda of run around the map waiting towards the end where the armor is at it's weakest state to back stab damaged assault mechs???

Even if they were 100 meters behind the FLOT, someone would complain that an Assault mech isn't brawling.....are you going to report them for............what, not doing what "you" expect of them???

Yep, let's start the "report them" concept and see where that takes the almost absent population to..........want to be it gets smaller?

Here's a concept........talk to them and stay with them..... If they stop, you stop with them, eh?! we've actually done that a few times and still won games....so? Who says "attacking the same way" is always the solution?

Edited by Asym, 10 December 2018 - 07:18 AM.

#50 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostAsym, on 10 December 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Let's see if this concept makes sense? (yes, I am giggling as well.....)

There are so few people playing that you'd suggest finding a way to have even more players quit....???

They haven't violated any CoC I've ever read about? Do we report light mechs that kinda of run around the map waiting towards the end where the armor is at it's weakest state to back stab damaged assault mechs???

Even if they were 100 meters behind the FLOT, someone would complain that an Assault mech isn't brawling.....are you going to report them for............what, not doing what "you" expect of them???

Yep, let's start the "report them" concept and see where that takes the almost absent population to..........want to be it gets smaller?

Here's a concept........talk to them and stay with them..... If they stop, you stop with them, eh?! we've actually done that a few times and still won games....so? Who says "attacking the same way" is always the solution?

Mate, stop being silly and learn to take the joke and roll with it. I had enough eye-rolling for the day without your sensitive non-sense.

As for yer concept... I think I know a bit more about winning matches, in comparison.

Edited by El Bandito, 10 December 2018 - 07:39 AM.

#51 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

View PostAsym, on 10 December 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Who says "attacking the same way" is always the solution?

Carl.. Carl Vickers says that...

Udk if youve ever been on the receiving end of 12 crabs or 12 novas but its a perfect example of what 12 of the same build can do.

#52 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 10 December 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

the change of that:
the 'lurmers' are gonna do less damage, cause .. what the hell is LOS? ; ))

you can change the weapon-stats all you like, you can't change the people, though.

Maybe we could teach them the magic of Tag + Artemis systems. Not only will they then share armour, but they'll also find the joy of shooting the very whites of their enemies' eyes.

#53 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 09 December 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Just increase the targeting time if you don't have direct l.o.s. At least then, the LRM boats will be forced to position properly instead of standing far away.

"standing far away"...um...LRM means Long Range Missile I have to ask this simple question.

If you are using missiles targeting with direct LOS at mid to close range then why are you using LRMs?

The whole point of LRMs is range and indirect fire. Sacrificing those and you are ALWAYS better off with MRM or SRM payloads.

#54 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostLykaon, on 10 December 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

"standing far away"...um...LRM means Long Range Missile I have to ask this simple question.

If you are using missiles targeting with direct LOS at mid to close range then why are you using LRMs?

The whole point of LRMs is range and indirect fire. Sacrificing those and you are ALWAYS better off with MRM or SRM payloads.

Long Range doesn't mean you stand on an island 1km away and shoot at buildings. Long Range doesn't mean you shoot at your targets and only end up sowing the ground with explosions.

What LRM means is making sure each and every bit of damage you can muster strips the armour off of your opponents so that your teammates who are close-ranged killers, can quickly kill the said enemies with exposed structure.

#55 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostGrus, on 10 December 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

Carl.. Carl Vickers says that...

Udk if youve ever been on the receiving end of 12 crabs or 12 novas but its a perfect example of what 12 of the same build can do.

Actually, yes..... It's amazing what artillery strikes do to formations of 12 of the same mech... It's one of the reason we left the game full time and abandoned faction play.... It got old.

"do something new".... Try something else.... Be where the enemy isn't and honestly, make it up as you go.....

#56 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 December 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Mate, stop being silly and learn to take the joke and roll with it. I had enough eye-rolling for the day without your sensitive non-sense.

As for yer concept... I think I know a bit more about winning matches, in comparison.

I thought what you said was funny ! It just that winning isn't what motivates me.... Who care is your W/L is x and mine is y.... Only you lad.... It'd bet that if I played seriously, that gap would be in single digits; but, that was then and not now....
If you ever get bored "being the best", come on over to WoWs and have some fun.......there are a bunch of MWO pilots there.... We focus on: fun first, mission always....

You are more than welcome to come and visit with our clan. Have a good holiday !!!

#57 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostAsym, on 11 December 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

I thought what you said was funny ! It just that winning isn't what motivates me.... Who care is your W/L is x and mine is y.... Only you lad.... It'd bet that if I played seriously, that gap would be in single digits; but, that was then and not now....
If you ever get bored "being the best", come on over to WoWs and have some fun.......there are a bunch of MWO pilots there.... We focus on: fun first, mission always....

You are more than welcome to come and visit with our clan. Have a good holiday !!!

*raises hand* i care about winning, hell i would LOVE to be sick of winning... but yeah.

WoWs has a lot of issues that still need ironed out. Not as bad as this game but...

#58 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

As others have pointed out, punishing someone for not getting hit is a bit silly, and probably hard. How does the game distinguish between someone who was hiding and not participating and someone who was just really good at trading and poking? Not practical.

I wouldn't be opposed to the game rewarding players who take loads of damage and survive. Other games give badges and money for being effective tanks, it would be nice if the game acknowledged and rewarded the mega-tank that finishes the match with durability in the teens, all structure exposed and only one side torso left.

#59 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:43 AM

How about an "Iron Wall" reward? Within 30 seconds, take 25 damage or more from an enemy, enemy receives >=2x the damage you take from your team mates. (Doesn't count damage you deal)

It's hard to abuse this since if you charge without your teammates in position to take advantage of your tanking, you won't earn this reward.

#60 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

View PostNightbird, on 11 December 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

How about an "Iron Wall" reward? Within 30 seconds, take 25 damage or more from an enemy, enemy receives >=2x the damage you take from your team mates. (Doesn't count damage you deal)

It's hard to abuse this since if you charge without your teammates in position to take advantage of your tanking, you won't earn this reward.

Interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users