• 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:46 PM

I know i had a ECM on it last week.

#2 Xantheus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:51 PM

PS i see people in Reddit saying its a bug im just about 100% postive the only reason i bought it was because it had the ECM. So maybe the bug is for the DWF Prime not the PRIME (I).

Edited by Xantheus, 18 October 2021 - 07:06 PM.

#3 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:54 PM

maybe it's another mandella effect.
Cern has done it again.

#4 Parmeggido

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:07 PM

It lost the ECM about a month ago. The DWF-Prime was never supposed to have ecm, but was accidentally given it a couple patches ago, and returned to normal in the last patch. The only difference between the Prime and the Prime (I) is that the (I) variant gives you 30% extra cbills.

#5 Xantheus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:17 PM

View PostParmeggido, on 18 October 2021 - 07:07 PM, said:

It lost the ECM about a month ago. The DWF-Prime was never supposed to have ecm, but was accidentally given it a couple patches ago, and returned to normal in the last patch. The only difference between the Prime and the Prime (I) is that the (I) variant gives you 30% extra cbills.

Wrong it came with a ECM and also has default Jump jets that cant be removed.

NM maybe i had a different Omnipod on it but i know it came with a ECM or i wouldnt have paid 12-20 bucks for it since i had all the other variants.I wouldnt of bought the PRIME (I) if all that was different from the Prime was 30% more c bills whats that 500-800 more per game.

Edited by Xantheus, 18 October 2021 - 07:26 PM.

#6 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:22 PM

View PostXantheus, on 18 October 2021 - 07:17 PM, said:

NM maybe i had a different Omnipod on it but i know it came with a ECM or i wouldnt have paid 12-20 bucks for it since i had all the other variants.

Prime never had JJ or ECM. It had it by mistake due to a bug for a little while.

#7 Parmeggido

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:18 PM

https://mwomercs.com...september-2021/

Dire Wolf
  • DWF-Prime no longer can equip an ECM in the center torso

They messed up when they put in the Warden pack mechs, accidentally giving the Prime an ECM it was never meant to have, and removed it in the September patch. If you ask really, really nicely, maybe you could get support to replace your Prime (I) with a C (S), but all we of the forum can do is tell you what happened, and say yeah, it sucks.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:30 PM

View PostXantheus, on 18 October 2021 - 06:46 PM, said:

When Did Dwf Prime I Lose Ecm

I know i had a ECM on it last week.

DWF-Prime has never had ECM or jump jets in canon. PGI gave DWF-Prime those items by accident, when they were preparing such equipped DWF-C for injection.

When PGI realized their error, they removed those inappropriate items on DWF-Prime. See this post, please:

View PostMark Nicholson, on 25 August 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Yeah, don't buy it just because it has ecm. It's a known issue. It's being removed, again. The fix was unknowingly overwritten.

And this post:

View PostMark Nicholson, on 26 September 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

It was listed as a known bug in the patch notes when it happened, and again in the month after when the issue persisted, as well as clearly labeled as such in multiple forum threads here at the time.
We apologize for the lack of clarity regarding September's patch notes where it was listed in with other mech changes instead of bugfixes, where it always should have been.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:31 PM

View PostXantheus, on 18 October 2021 - 07:17 PM, said:

You're thinking of the DWF-C from the Warden pack.

#10 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:59 AM

MWO should make a new Dire Wolf Hero mech, with ECM in CT, but with no Jump Jet.
I'm willing to buy this!!
That non-removable 2ton JumpJet in CT of DWF-C is surprisingly painful (for more ammo, heat sinks, etc.).

Or just make OmniMech Jump Jet user-removable, just like before.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Note that BAS-A (ECM in CT, with Jump Jet) & BAS-B (ECM in CT, no Jump Jet) has options for user to decide upon.

The same should be for Dire Wolf, now that ECM is in CT.

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:26 AM

The ECM was added to the Prime when the Warden pack was released, it was a bug as the prime never had ECM when they were added to this game years ago.. The bug was fixed last month..

You should think yourself lucky you had ECM on a mech that shouldn't have had it for a whole month.. The Prime is still a solid mech with out it..

Maybe seek support if you are unhappy.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:05 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 19 October 2021 - 04:26 AM, said:

The ECM was added to the Prime when the Warden pack was released, it was a bug as the prime never had ECM when they were added to this game years ago.. The bug was fixed last month..
Even in the patch where it was added, it has been explicitly noted to be a bug

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, as stated, if you dropped real cash on it because of the ECM, email support. they might be able to compensate you somehow. Maybe.

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:11 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 October 2021 - 11:31 PM, said:

You're thinking of the DWF-C from the Warden pack.

This. As noted the Direwolf Prime accidentally got given ECM which was later corrected, BUT the Direwolf C IS able to have ECM in the Center Torso, and that is not a bug. It also has one fixed jump jet in the CT as well. So perhaps you are getting confused with the variants?

Edited by RickySpanish, 19 October 2021 - 06:13 AM.

#15 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:22 AM

I myself almost bought the Clan Wave 1, if MWO had stated unequivocally that DWF-Prime(I) would have ECM in CT going forward. But alas...

https://mwomercs.com/clans

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MWO should make a new Dire Wolf Hero mech, with ECM in CT, but with no Jump Jet.
I'm willing to buy this!!
That non-removable 2ton JumpJet in CT of DWF-C is surprisingly painful (for more ammo, heat sinks, etc.).

Or just make OmniMech Jump Jet user-removable, just like before.

(Just like Blood Asp BAS-A vs BAS-B with ECM in CT, one with JJ, one without JJ).

Edited by w0qj, 19 October 2021 - 06:48 AM.

#16 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:30 AM

View PostXantheus, on 18 October 2021 - 06:51 PM, said:

PS i see people in Reddit saying its a bug im just about 100% postive the only reason i bought it was because it had the ECM. So maybe the bug is for the DWF Prime not the PRIME (I).

It was noted for 2 consecutive months that the DWF-Prime / ECM had a bug.

PGI even commented on it on the forums a few times as well.

Not like the Prime is not strong as a CT anyway.

#17 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:52 AM

It's not like nobody called attention to the bug, either.

This was a well known issue, and Piranha told people more than once that the ECM wasn't gonna stick. This whole notion people have that they should be entitled to be able to choose a CT with no jump jet is kinda odd. People point to the Blood Asp and say "SEE?! Y U NO W@LE, 2?!" without realizing that the Blood Asp is that way as a random happenstance of tabletop. Piranha didn't choose to create a Jet or No Jet situation, it just happened that way. Same way as it just happened to not fall out that way for the Whale.

Also amuses me that people continually complain about the Whale's immobility and kludginess, and then ignore every possible way the game gives them of addressing that lack of budge. My Charlie Whale runs all three jump jets, all the jump duration skilltree nodes, and a significant chunk of the Mobility tree focused on turning speed, torso yaw and torso speed. It still has trouble tracking Commandos, Fleas, and the occasional decently-piloted Fish, but that's about it. Everything else it chops apart just fine, and taking precisely one laser off the 91-damage Gooselasers Gigaspike build is enough to tame the heat and make up for seven tons of highly useful support equipment. My PRIME(I) Whale is a hundred tons of pointless robo-fat; my Charlie Whale is one of my best assault 'Mechs. Accommodate the Charlie's jets and the Charlie will accommodate your desire for merder.

Edited by 1453 R, 19 October 2021 - 06:52 AM.

#18 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:01 PM

View Post1453 R, on 19 October 2021 - 06:52 AM, said:

It's not like nobody called attention to the bug, either.

This was a well known issue, and Piranha told people more than once that the ECM wasn't gonna stick. This whole notion people have that they should be entitled to be able to choose a CT with no jump jet is kinda odd. People point to the Blood Asp and say "SEE?! Y U NO W@LE, 2?!" without realizing that the Blood Asp is that way as a random happenstance of tabletop. Piranha didn't choose to create a Jet or No Jet situation, it just happened that way. Same way as it just happened to not fall out that way for the Whale.

Also amuses me that people continually complain about the Whale's immobility and kludginess, and then ignore every possible way the game gives them of addressing that lack of budge. My Charlie Whale runs all three jump jets, all the jump duration skilltree nodes, and a significant chunk of the Mobility tree focused on turning speed, torso yaw and torso speed. It still has trouble tracking Commandos, Fleas, and the occasional decently-piloted Fish, but that's about it. Everything else it chops apart just fine, and taking precisely one laser off the 91-damage Gooselasers Gigaspike build is enough to tame the heat and make up for seven tons of highly useful support equipment. My PRIME(I) Whale is a hundred tons of pointless robo-fat; my Charlie Whale is one of my best assault 'Mechs. Accommodate the Charlie's jets and the Charlie will accommodate your desire for merder.

Nobody mentioned entitlement nor mobility, no need to push the thread off topic for the sake of building walls of text.

#19 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:37 PM

If two paragraphs is "Wall of Text" for you, you might want to expand your horizons there, Ricky.

That and there's not much 'topic' for this thread to be off. Piranha said, many times in many places, that the ECM was a mistake and not to buy the 'Mech for ECM it wouldn't keep. Some folks did it anyways. Not they get to deal with the consequences. End of discussion, ne?

#20 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:53 PM

View Post1453 R, on 19 October 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

If two paragraphs is "Wall of Text" for you, you might want to expand your horizons there, Ricky.

That and there's not much 'topic' for this thread to be off. Piranha said, many times in many places, that the ECM was a mistake and not to buy the 'Mech for ECM it wouldn't keep. Some folks did it anyways. Not they get to deal with the consequences. End of discussion, ne?

If OP had "ECM on it last week" then they might actually have been looking at the wrong variant, if they're a new player then that is an easy mistake to make. In which case perhaps it is more helpful to direct them to this instead of replying for the sake of reading your own text, ne?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users