My Sun Spider Have A Bug?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Riink Lionheart

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBCN

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Ok,i have my Sun Spider C with streaks,about 4 streaks 6s and 2 streaks 4s,and the heat mgt indicator says 2/2. But when i run a match and i shoot all my artillery,i have a lot of heat. I do not understand,outside the heat spike caused by the 4 streaks 6s. It says 2/2 heat dissipation and in smurfy it says more than 75% of heat dissipation. So why this amount of heat? Or heat indicator in loadout screen have a bug,or my Sun Spider have a heat accumulation bug in battle.

Pls fix it,whatever if is in battle the bug,or in loadout screen bug.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostRiink Lionheart, on 08 December 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Ok,i have my Sun Spider C with streaks,about 4 streaks 6s and 2 streaks 4s,and the heat mgt indicator says 2/2. But when i run a match and i shoot all my artillery,i have a lot of heat. I do not understand,outside the heat spike caused by the 4 streaks 6s. It says 2/2 heat dissipation and in smurfy it says more than 75% of heat dissipation. So why this amount of heat? Or heat indicator in loadout screen have a bug,or my Sun Spider have a heat accumulation bug in battle.

Pls fix it,whatever if is in battle the bug,or in loadout screen bug.

Q: Does your mechlab have a little warning system in it's (roughly) upper right corner? It should. Should have a yellow ! within an upside down triangle.

Click on that. It is warning you that your mech has exceeded the "safety limit" (Otherwise known as "Ghost Heat") of a specific type or combo of weapons onto your mech. What this means is, if you shoot beyond that limit all at once, you will see a higher than average heat spike, compared to shooting beneath that number every 0.5 seconds.

In your specific case, you can not shoot more than 3 SSRM4 and/or 6s at a single volley within 0,5 seconds without casing a higher heat spike (in addition to the weapons fire heat). You would want to batch fire them, say three SSRM6s and another volley following that of your last SSRM6 and your two SSRM4s. If you batch your shots as such, your heat issue should be corrected.

AKA; It's not a bug. It's a balancing mechanic to try and keep some weapon combos or some "boated" weapons from becoming too effective.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:49 PM

Fire 3 Streaks at a time, and wait half a second before firing the next volley.

Your heat will be fine after this.

#4 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:28 AM

The heat factor displayed by mechlab is not 100% accurate because of the way it's calculated. 2/2 won't mean the mech is capable to dissipate full heat of weapons. The number is good to use as relative to other mechs, 1.4/2 is fairly good, 1.6/2 is pretty good and 1.8/2 or over usually means you have too many heatsinks or too few weapons.(roughly, it depends on your preference and if you are brawler assult just wanting to commit to a push and keep going until you die, or if you are poking laser hellbringer. It's good enough reference as long as you know how to use it)

But, that number won't take account ghost heat, as referred by above, as a warning in mechlab about unusual heatspike. Ghost heat is extra heat caused by firing too many weapons in the same linked heat group. If you have that, you need to stagger them, or change your weapons in way they won't cause ghost heat.

Here, heat penalties per weapon(groups). That's ghost heat.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...eapon_heatscale

So take example Clan Streaks. 4 & 6 are in same group and limit for both are 3. You can fire three C-streak 4's, 6s or any combination of both (such at 4+4+6). If you fire any more during the 0.5 second window in which ghost heat is accounted, it will cause rather large extra heat. So basically you never take 4x c-streak 4's or 6's because you can't use them effectively. On some mechs you could take 6x c-streak4 and fire 3 of them together, with 0.5 second pause and then the rest 3, even though that will be fairly hot, but that's doable.

So instead, you can take 3x c-streak4 and then take the rest as c-streak2. As the 2's are in their own separate group, you can fire all of them together. You can fire a max of 4 c-streak2 and then max of 3 streak4 or 6 or combination of either two.

Ghost heat=heat penalty=higher than normal heatspike. They all refer to exactly same thing. Usually we players refer to ghost heat as the mechanism.

#5 Riink Lionheart

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBCN

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:35 AM

Ok i changed from streaks to normal artemis srms and the heat indicator says 1.81 of heat dissipation. I hope this change will destroy enemy mechs more quickly than with the streaks cus streaks are only good chasing lights and maybe mediums.

Now my Sun Spider C is a,what users say,splatspider.

Edit: Here is my splatspider: https://mwo.smurfy-n...526b3a230ed82c7

I killed a Blood Asp in seconds. Why i do not did this change to my mech before...

Edited by Riink Lionheart, 09 December 2018 - 05:53 AM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

Note. On Smurfy equipment look up "heat penalties per weapon". That tells the threshold for punishment. Keep under that and heat runs well.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Keep in mind, nearly all weapons have ghost heat at some point. It's a little bit of ExcelWarrior Online to get the optimum damage vs loadout.

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:04 AM

Pro-Tip (sort of): Your TC1 does next to nothing for your loadout. Except for the faster target info acquisition. You'd better invest the tonnage somewhere else, Active Probe, Ammo, these things. Also your build still generates Ghost Heat on an Alphastrike, so you will want to stagger in 3's.

#9 Riink

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBCN

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:25 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 13 December 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

Pro-Tip (sort of): Your TC1 does next to nothing for your loadout. Except for the faster target info acquisition. You'd better invest the tonnage somewhere else, Active Probe, Ammo, these things. Also your build still generates Ghost Heat on an Alphastrike, so you will want to stagger in 3's.

Omg if i put an active probe then is bad cus i do not have streaks,if i have targeting computer is bad too cus i need an active probe. Who understand you,then they buy you.

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostRiink, on 13 December 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Omg if i put an active probe then is bad cus i do not have streaks,if i have targeting computer is bad too cus i need an active probe. Who understand you,then they buy you.

He was pointing out that the TC doesn't provide missiles with any benefit.

An active probe can help against ECM if you are using SSRMs, but doesn't help at all if you already have ECM on your mech, as a single mech can only disable a single ECM and ECM overrides the AP's ability to counter ECM.

If you are using pure SRMs, each of those gears (Targeting Computer and Active Probe) will each do no good for your specific build. It's actually tonnage that will be holding your build back, rather than helping.

Edit: Changed a few things. Was confused who was talking where.

Edited by Tesunie, 13 December 2018 - 11:28 AM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostTesunie, on 13 December 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

An active probe can help against ECM if you are using SSRMs, but doesn't help at all if you already have ECM on your mech, as a single mech can only disable a single ECM and ECM overrides the AP's ability to counter ECM.

is confusing too.

An active probe can help couter an Enemy's ECM if you are using SSRMs (Streaks), but doesn't help at all if you already have ECM on your mech, as a single mech can only disable a single enemy ECM and having your own ECM makes your AP superficial (as it cannot counter a second ECM, or even work so long as your ECM is working).

---------

Targeting computers benefit lasers and ballistics (except machine guns). Which is why anyone's fussing about that. (You'll find some people will judge everything about a build in efforts to min/max it.)

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:31 PM

As of the recent changes to the Artemis IV FCS, an active probe provides some use for A-SRM users, because ECM negates Artemis, but AP negates ECM.

#13 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:30 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 13 December 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

As of the recent changes to the Artemis IV FCS, an active probe provides some use for A-SRM users, because ECM negates Artemis, but AP negates ECM.

I forgot about that change... Good point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users