- - - - -

Streak Medium Mech For Chase Lights...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Riink

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBCN

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

Ok since i get problems chasing lights with my other account with my Sun Spider C i created a new account for pick my first mech for chase lights,and my decision is to take the Shadow Cat B.

With the money of the first 25 matches i can modify the Shadow Cat how i want,from another way it is impossible.

So here is my anti light mechs Shadow Cat: https://mwo.smurfy-n...84e286d2a7662a6

I destroyed my first light mech who is bothering me in frozen city. Was an Unbanmech with large lasers,so i only need to approach between buildings and lock on and shoot all my weapons.

I think this Shadow Cat will help assault mechs who are harrassed by enemy light mechs.

And still can help heavyes to kill other heavyes,i only need a hurt enemy mech for tear it appart.

And since medium clan mechs are balanced to buy for c bills,i decided to run medium mechs instead of heavyes. Cus getting c bills for a second heavy is much difficult.

My next mech to buy will be the Nova S. But atm i will master this Shadow Cat.

What do you think about my loadout anti light mechs?

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,657 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:41 AM

If your goal is to be a light hunter, you should try using weapons with shorter duration like pulse lasers.
Streak 6's also have a long recycle time. If you really want to be a medium streakboat, I would suggest the Stormcrow or Huntsman.

#3 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:02 PM

View PostRiink, on 09 December 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

What do you think about my loadout anti light mechs?

I would maybe try to free some tonnage for MPLs instead of HMLs. Aside from that it may work as a light hunter just fine. Don't forget to use MASC for faster turns and when in need to bail out :}

As for Nova, I dunno. Nova is a nice mech, but is not versatile (can do lasers, or lasers and also lasers). If you want versatile clan medium, Huntsman is the way to go. It can do everything, even lasers (but Nova does lasers better bc this is what Novas do).

#4 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

Before they nerfed the Clan Steaks, the StreakCrow was a semi-monster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Riink

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBCN

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:03 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 13 December 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Before they nerfed the Clan Steaks, the StreakCrow was a semi-monster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used that stormcrow in one of my multiple accounts before that nerf. Yeah i remember being a monster. Now the normal clan srms are better than streaks,and IS streaks are better than IS normal srms. Why they do not balance the game once it for all??

#6 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:54 AM

For hunting light mechs I have a decent huntsman build that works well for me: PAKHET. A similar build can be made without using the hero mech omnipods: HMN-C.

For the purposes of making your Shadow Cat a more potent light mech hunter I'd suggest something like this: SHC-B. ECM, light active probe, and tag probably isn't necessary all together so this build just uses the ECM and adds an extra streak launcher. The extra Streak 6 launcher adds more potency to your missile volley that can then be capitalized on with the medium lasers.

#7 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:15 AM

I hope you get out of the habit of creating a new account everytime you want a new mech. Its extremely inconvenient and will not save you c-bills in the long run. The ability to swap weapons and equipment is a considerable cost savings.

#8 Riink

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBCN

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 13 December 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

I hope you get out of the habit of creating a new account everytime you want a new mech. Its extremely inconvenient and will not save you c-bills in the long run. The ability to swap weapons and equipment is a considerable cost savings.

Just trying mechs after i find one who i can destroy more than 3 mechs in a match. Still searching,but with this shadow cat,light mechs are doomed.

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

See? In your loadout, the CLAP is almost completely superflous, because the ECM shuts down the CLAP's ability to disable enemy ECM. You still have to switch your ECM to "counter".
Also, but this is only personal taste, 4 tons of ammo for 2 Streak-Sixes is a bit much, due to the long cycle time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users