244 replies to this topic

#241 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 13 January 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

its also just as irritating to have that meta laser vomit mech core you out in one shot as it is to be Lurmed to death. or get one shotted by dual Heavy Gauss.

Quite frankly no. Getting killed via LRMs is much more irritating due to the fact that a large portion of the time you are being hit from indirect fire with no way to directly retaliate on the LRM mech; lasers and gauss require direct line of sight so you know they are there and you can directly retaliate. Then there's also the difference in skill between someone shooting LRMs at me from behind a hill at 700 meters away and someone 400~ish meters aiming and targeting specific parts to kill me; getting killed by someone who can aim and made good shots does not feel bad; especially compared to a someone who is likely acting half-brain dead on the other side of a hill.

#242 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:44 AM

View PostStinger554, on 13 January 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

getting killed by someone who can aim and made good shots does not feel bad; especially compared to a someone who is likely acting half-brain dead on the other side of a hill.

Feeling bad if you get killed by lrms, thats the problem i think and i can understand it.

They are a noob weapon, have lots of counters, even an unbreakable hardcounter, damagemitigating ams, a warning and a few seconds reaction time between the warning and the impacts and they spread their damage so they need more volleys to kill you then every other weapon.

They make you think: If i get slowly killed by a "half-brain dead" with a real bad weapon with that much counters and a seconds long warning until the impact, what iam then?
And thats whats you make feeling bad if you get killed by lrms. Posted Image

Edited by Kroete, 14 January 2019 - 04:18 AM.

#243 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostKroete, on 14 January 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

Feeling bad if you get killed by lrms, thats the problem i think and i can understand it.

They are a noob weapon, have lots of counters, even an unbreakable hardcounter, damagemitigating ams, a warning and a few seconds reaction time between the warning and the impacts and they spread their damage so they need more volleys to kill you then every other weapon.

They make you think: If i get slowly killed by a "half-brain dead" with a real bad weapon with that much counters and a seconds long warning until the impact, what iam then?
And thats whats you make feeling bad if you get killed by lrms. Posted Image

You might have that problem but not me lol 9 times out of 10 if I'm killed by LRMs then it takes 30+ seconds for me to die cause I can torso twist but that's not the point and you know it.

#244 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostStinger554, on 14 January 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

You might have that problem but not me lol 9 times out of 10 if I'm killed by LRMs then it takes 30+ seconds for me to die cause I can torso twist but that's not the point and you know it.

30+ seconds sounds pretty long time under barrage of something like this AWS-8R, sure if some mixed build is lurming with single lrm10-20 you can last ages...

#245 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostCurccu, on 14 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

30+ seconds sounds pretty long time under barrage of something like this AWS-8R, sure if some mixed build is lurming with single lrm10-20 you can last ages...

*Shrug* I don't know what they are packing just that LRMs are coming at me and that it's multiple mechs cause you know indirect fire.

Having said that I don't think I've actually had that AWS rain on me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users