#1 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

Hey. I've been playing for a short while. Running a light mech in a (light) sniper build.

As I've been getting XP, I've been sinking skill points into sensors, trying to get that 'Advanced Zoom +1' among other things. I got it, but I'm not seeing that zoomed in 'window' like it supposedly should display. Now, with Advanced Zoom in the skill tree, I still have normal zoom. Maybe it's a little closer; don't know.

What am I missing? Do I need to buy a Targeting Computer MK I + or something in order to take advantage of the unlocked Advanced Zoom?

#2 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:53 PM

Look in your keyboard settings. There's a separate button to enable advanced zoom.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

View Postrenzor51, on 11 December 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hey. I've been playing for a short while. Running a light mech in a (light) sniper build.

As I've been getting XP, I've been sinking skill points into sensors, trying to get that 'Advanced Zoom +1' among other things. I got it, but I'm not seeing that zoomed in 'window' like it supposedly should display. Now, with Advanced Zoom in the skill tree, I still have normal zoom. Maybe it's a little closer; don't know.

What am I missing? Do I need to buy a Targeting Computer MK I + or something in order to take advantage of the unlocked Advanced Zoom?

Press 'Z' for Advanaced Zoom.

#4 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

You might want to keybind it to MMB, along with toggle maximum zoom for your mechs that don't have it.

And then after you try it consider not wasting a skillpoint on it at all, it's pretty bad IMO :P

#5 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:22 AM

View Postjjm1, on 11 December 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

You might want to keybind it to MMB, along with toggle maximum zoom for your mechs that don't have it.

And then after you try it consider not wasting a skillpoint on it at all, it's pretty bad IMO Posted Image

I would say it's pretty damn good with ERLL when shooting 1000+ meters, if you want to put whole burn into a component... like CT... also requires very low mouse sensitivity to be useful.

#6 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

View Postrenzor51, on 11 December 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

bind zoom on mousewheel and you dont need a extra binding. When you switch to full zoom , turn a lil more the mousewheel and it switchs automatically. But i wouldntreally dont waste a killpoint in that crap. Not worth.Especially a standing light mech is a dead light mech. I often spectate lights stoping for shooting= second later they are gone.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 12 December 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 December 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Press 'Z' for Advanaced Zoom.

Default key for advanced zoom is actually V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users