Support Mech5 Or Not?

92 replies to this topic

#1 TheCallandor

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

So how many of you are going to purchase Mech5? With the lack of support from PGI in regards to MWO.. I will not sport a company that has so much disregard for their player base. They consistently push out bad patches and balances that no one asked for...

Edited by TheCallandor, 12 December 2018 - 12:03 AM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:04 AM

When its on sale in Steam in 2 or 3 years smaybe.

Its just MWO with unreal engine - same static mechs - same static animations - and the story is gruesome boring

Edited by Karl Streiger, 12 December 2018 - 12:05 AM.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:20 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 December 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Same. It mainly depends on the price. If MW5 is priced like a AAA game, well, I buy AAA games only when they're on sale 'cause only then will the game justify the price I'm ok with.

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

Singleplayer and co-op PvE make it a must-buy for me, no matter how ho-hum the story ends up being.

The only possible exception is if PGI does something Bethesda-level stupid, like publishing customers' personal info to the website or having the game crap you out to desktop every time you activate your jump jets or something.

#5 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:50 AM

I have played or owned nearly every pc product in the IP. Plus X-box and the virtualworld pods. Chances are extremely high I will buy MW5.

That said, I buy nothing on release- I don't pay extra to be a beta tester generally. Will probably wait a major patch and sale or two. Don't care about the story, it will be b-grade sci-fi tropes at best. I just want some solid stompy pewpew mech action. Confident it will deliver on that front.

Only thing that will interfere will be even a sniff of DLC or season pass. If that is a thing, then I will wait a couple of years for the GOTY sale. I don't do DLC.

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:56 AM

Im not buying it.

If PGI wont give MWO the content updates it needs why should I support their other games?

#7 cyclist1994

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

I will make my choise when the game is released.
If it's good, i'll buy it.
If not, not.

Easy as that xD

#8 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

For me it depends on the gameplay quality they deliver. I will watch some reviews/letsplays after release and if i like what i see then i might buy it if the price is right (for example somewhere in the region of the HBS Battletech).

Not a big fan of DLC season passes too because i don't replay content/campaign-driven games over and over so i prefer the full experience at once. So if i smell several relevant content DLCs i might wait for a GOTY edition too...

Edited by Daggett, 12 December 2018 - 01:12 AM.

#9 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:25 AM

View PostTheCallandor, on 12 December 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

They consistently push out bad patches...

Well, in a PvE game you don't have to install the patches, do you? OK, they might need to fix a lot of stuff after release, because they were tired and working on the pods until late, but when they eventually start with the game-breaking patches just don't install them.

View PostTheCallandor, on 12 December 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

...and balances that no one asked for...

...and that's the point. Spending money for a game that only allows me to play the tech the developers taught me to hate? With no mechlab that's worth the name? At peak LossTech? Hellno!

But it seems that MW5 will hit the market shortly after the JWST finishes it's mission, so I might change my mind.

#10 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Depends on whether or not i will have Quads in it.

#11 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:34 AM

Seeing first ...what from the preview ideas is in the game ....we have full mode support like all say today ...story ?...performance?

Its all ok im buy ...when not so not

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:19 AM

I'm not going to support anything . I will buy it if i think its worth it. Good reviews?Price? Friends going to play?

Saying this I stopped putting money into MWO because i don't see anymore worth in the game. Im guessing within a year group q will be like CW.

#13 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:28 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 12 December 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Depends on whether or not i will have Quads in it.

I wouldn't mind a cheat code for a Tarantula...

#14 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

I will buy regardless. Cannot allow mechwarrior game to flop

Will preorder if they hire competent balance guy for mwo before mw5 comes out. Dont miss your chance PGI Posted Image

#15 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:05 AM

I have a large enough game backlog as=is so probably once it's at least 50% off

Maybe they will use the Epic launcher instead of Steam, now Epic are offering to waive the 5% UE4 royalty and take a smaller cut of the profits.

#16 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:08 AM

I went from "shutup and take my money" to "Not 1 penny more" to "If its good and cheap maybe".

#17 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:11 AM

If ot is a decent game then yes. I have little faith in PGI to do it right but there is still a year to release. Wait for reviews like every smart person. And if you like it but not enough, wait for a sale that happens around any holiday.

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 December 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Its just MWO with unreal engine - same static mechs - same static animations - and the story is gruesome boring

Oh really? You know what the story is going to be? Who's your source?

#18 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:33 AM

Probably not.
And oddly, it’s not because of PGI or its conduct related to MWO.

It’s weird. 5 years ago, I would have jumped at a MW5 or some other single player game like it. The very idea of playing one of these fancy multi-player games that needed internet and a decent computer, and not to mention the requisite interaction with a bunch of dorks from who knows where, just seemed beyond my comfort zone to the point of being decadent. Once I finally bit the bullet and tried MWO (my nostalgia for the underlying IP wouldn’t forever be denied) I found that not only do I enjoy the PVP aspect of the game (even if I am terrible at it), but now I can’t fathom actually playing any sort of game with out that social and PVP aspects. Hell, I didn’t even bother with BT even though I was just as excited as most were for its development and release. So no, I don’t see myself picking up MW5, at least not until it, or whatever comes after it, is something along the lines of MWO2. I hope MW5 is as super duper as everyone hopes and its success leads to a future for MWO or something like it, but I just don’t care to play that sort of game anymore.

#19 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:42 AM

I will buy it when it comes out. Because I collect and play as many mech games as I can. I will not prepay for it, I will only open my money for finished products, and I do not intend to subsidize or finance products on development.

I do not expect an AAA rated game, but at worst, I only expect MW5 to mildly suck and within my tolerable range for mediocrity. My expectations are not very high so I would be fairly easy to please.

Edited by Anjian, 12 December 2018 - 04:43 AM.

#20 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

If MW5 Fails MWO Fails With It - if you like to play more MWO there is no way around MW5 be successful and if you like MWO no more MW5 may be the game to go for - so it is pretty much a go buy anyway situation.

Very probably i will buy MW5 digital download when no red flags arise - so far there are no red flags and MWO is not my game anymore anyway.

Edited by Thorqemada, 12 December 2018 - 05:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users