The Heck Is Going On?

87 replies to this topic

#81 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 16 December 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Not in the long run. You save more money by spending to do it right up-front than you do trying to fix things later in the cycle. This has been proven over, and over, and over again.

Apparently the boards think otherwise. I'm not disagreeing, but it is just the currently popular model of development that has resulted from the gigantic success that online pvp and microtransactions has proven to be. It probably works better than you think, regardless of how morally corrupt it seems.

#82 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 16 December 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Apparently the boards think otherwise. I'm not disagreeing, but it is just the currently popular model of development that has resulted from the gigantic success that online pvp and microtransactions has proven to be. It probably works better than you think, regardless of how morally corrupt it seems.

The boards always think otherwise, and they are always proven incorrect. THe problem is, they often still make money in spite of themselves so they keep doing it. But...they could make so much more.

#83 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

End of the day, games released are not a labor of love but more a fiscally made decision.

#84 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:13 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 16 December 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

End of the day, games released are not a labor of love but more a fiscally made decision.

And thats a huge problem.

#85 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:11 AM

And, MWO is no different now, is it? Read the original game reviews. This forum illustrates the absolute frustration from inception and tell me, has PGI learnt anything since 2012 ???

I waited 5 years to join this game. I will not play FO76 and now off the games list of new entries with a DO NOT attempt label, Elite Dangerous fell off the "players Union" recommended games list at School..... The whole EA mess created a revolution of sorts in this generation of players minds a few years ago and LoL, WoW and Overwatch occupy the top three games..... Not a single military themed game is in the top ten....

We reap what they sow...........and, if game companies can't find their market nor understand what the current standards are in games that have over a million players, well, it's going to be a long wait till another MWO gets really popular with today's players..... Sad, but true !

#86 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostAsym, on 18 December 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

And, MWO is no different now, is it? Read the original game reviews. This forum illustrates the absolute frustration from inception and tell me, has PGI learnt anything since 2012 ???

I waited 5 years to join this game. I will not play FO76 and now off the games list of new entries with a DO NOT attempt label, Elite Dangerous fell off the "players Union" recommended games list at School..... The whole EA mess created a revolution of sorts in this generation of players minds a few years ago and LoL, WoW and Overwatch occupy the top three games..... Not a single military themed game is in the top ten....

We reap what they sow...........and, if game companies can't find their market nor understand what the current standards are in games that have over a million players, well, it's going to be a long wait till another MWO gets really popular with today's players..... Sad, but true !

Preach!

#87 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostAsym, on 18 December 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

I would wholeheartedly recommend AC Odyssey. It is an absolute diamond of a game. Ubisoft managed to pull off a beautiful well rounded dynamic game with a very fun, very customizable combat system. The fact that the settings are aincient Greece scaled to almost identical proportions is even cooler. GOTY imo. I know RDR2 is awesome as well, and can’t wait to get around to it, but ubisofts offering/setting is more unique imo. Plus it seems like they actually enjoyed making the game. Jim Sterlings opinion on this couldn’t be further from the truth, and frankly he sounds like an blabbering whiny overdone idiot a lot of the time.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 18 December 2018 - 11:50 AM.

#88 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 13 December 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

Well see it goes like this: Most people don't care, and will buy the games anyway. Despite the insanity that sometimes permeates this board, most people posting here are probably of above average intelligence purely by virtue of having some sort of niche hobby. Most of us wouldn't touch that garbage with a 10 foot pole. But remember when Battlefront 2 came out and EA pooped the bed? Yeah. Their stock actually went up.

people love to buy garbage. fast food, snacks, pop music, modern cinema, smartphones, etc. its also cheaper to put garbage into a package and sell it, than it is to put something expensive in a package and sell it, so you end up with much better margins. so its not unusual to see that happen to games. so long as consumers continue to act like mindless drones, products are going to suck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users