FPS Frame rate

14 replies to this topic

#1 Thebackson

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

My system has been rock solid the last year i have been playing getting vsync capped at 60 FPS with the very high settings at 2560x1440 on all maps including the much dreaded solaris. Game almost never crashes and has been very stable.

Ever since the patch on Thursday my framerates have dropped to 15-30fps on almost all the maps.

I cant seem to figure out why.

I have even tried turning down my settings to the high settings from very high and doesn't seem to make any difference.

I am running win 10 64 bit, with 16Gb ram. devils canyon 4790 I7 Samsung evo 870ssd, and Nvidia gtx 1060 6Gb version.

Since the slow performance I have tried updating to the latest nvidia drivers and it has not made any difference.

Anyone else seeing anything? or have suggestions?

also to add, the fonts all seem out of scale in the main menus since the change.

Edited by Thebackson, 14 December 2018 - 09:16 PM.

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

Resolution change?

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:09 AM

Dec 11 was also Windows 10 patch day. And Windows 10 by default also updates drivers. And as Admiral there indicated if your fonts seem out of wack there it is likely there was a resolution.

I would start off by uninstalling Nvidia drivers and software then reinstall it and check resolution settings, HDR, etc then run MWO repair tool, afterwards check the game settings.

#4 Thebackson

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 14 December 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Resolution change?

My resolution hasn't changed, but I changed it after the original post to 1920x1080 and it made no difference.

#5 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

Is your computer an Asus and do you have their stupid giftbox grayware running in the background sucking up resources ?

#6 Thebackson

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 December 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Is your computer an Asus and do you have their stupid giftbox grayware running in the background sucking up resources ?

No MSI motherboard and graphics. I built it myself. no bloatware.

#7 Thebackson

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:57 PM

I have tried doing a clean uninstall of all my drivers and reloading , ran mwo repair, still no change

fonts are still all messed up and still getting sub 30fps resource monitor is showing im not even maxing out my graphics, sits around 50 utilization

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:49 PM

On the GPU drivers, have you attempted to use an older driver? That your fonts are not right will likely rest with GPU driver/system setup. Many are having to do a complete uninstall (DDU) and installing an older driver to resolve their display and/or gaming issues.

#9 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:02 AM

Can you post your omicron.log and a screenshot with the messed up fonts ?

#10 Thebackson

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 December 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

On the GPU drivers, have you attempted to use an older driver? That your fonts are not right will likely rest with GPU driver/system setup. Many are having to do a complete uninstall (DDU) and installing an older driver to resolve their display and/or gaming issues.

last night did DDU and loaded 399.24 which is the latest drivers you can get with windows update and it did not change anything. still getting 15-25 fps.

This morning however I completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it appears to be working much better now. I am back to averaging 60+ FPS. tested 4 maps and never dipped below 45 fps

my font is still scaled weird though. going to do some more testing without breaking the performance gain. I can live with the fonts.

#11 Thebackson

• Pip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 17 December 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

Can you post your omicron.log and a screenshot with the messed up fonts ?

Here is a screenshot of the fonts,
https://imgur.com/a/NLONiER

I made some progress though. I completely uninstalled the game this morning and reinstalled and it seems the Framerates are back to where they were before 60+

played 4 matches without any issues.

fonts are still skewed though

Edited by Thebackson, 17 December 2018 - 09:47 AM.

#12 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:48 AM

View PostThebackson, on 17 December 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Here is a screenshot of the fonts,
https://imgur.com/a/NLONiER

I made some progress though. I completely uninstalled the game this morning and reinstalled and it seems the Framerates are back to where they were before 60+

played 4 matches without any issues.

fonts are still skewed though

Hi there, Thebackson. Have you checked MWO's In-Game Settings to determine whether you're in "Full Window" or "Full Screen" viewing mode? If not, then please make sure it's in "Full Screen" viewing mode. The "Full Window" viewing mode is a possible cause of the skewed Fonts that you happen to be seeing, and will damage your FPS (aka 'Frame Rate') by a rather fair margin. B)

~D. V. "I hope that I've found the solution to your problem with skewed Fonts?" Devnull

#13 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

Full screen has its own series of issues, such as causing computer crashes when you try tabbing in/out of the game.

#14 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 December 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Full screen has its own series of issues, such as causing computer crashes when you try tabbing in/out of the game.

And that would be why you use "Alt+Enter" before doing an "Alt+Tab", in order to ensure you're not simultaneously doing an Application Switch and Resolution Change. But other than that issue and how CryEngine chokes on it, I find that the "Full Screen" viewing mode works rather well. :)

~D. V. "Yes, there's that minor caveat, but it's not a world-ending issue." Devnull

#15 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:31 PM

View PostThebackson, on 14 December 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

My system has been rock solid the last year i have been playing getting vsync capped at 60 FPS with the very high settings at 2560x1440 on all maps including the much dreaded solaris. Game almost never crashes and has been very stable.

Ever since the patch on Thursday my framerates have dropped to 15-30fps on almost all the maps.

I cant seem to figure out why.

I have even tried turning down my settings to the high settings from very high and doesn't seem to make any difference.

I am running win 10 64 bit, with 16Gb ram. devils canyon 4790 I7 Samsung evo 870ssd, and Nvidia gtx 1060 6Gb version.

Since the slow performance I have tried updating to the latest nvidia drivers and it has not made any difference.

Anyone else seeing anything? or have suggestions?

also to add, the fonts all seem out of scale in the main menus since the change.

You are not the only one who might have gotten those symptoms as well. Everything I have is up to date and lately I have noticed I was getting massive FPS dipping as well.

EDIT: Ran the repair tool and restarted the PC and things seem to running back to where it should've been on FPS. This game still needs optimizations.

Edited by Wing 0, 22 December 2018 - 02:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users